Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    SHAFT is my hero, Magical Girl animes are the greatest thing ever, and now we have them on an acid trip.
    Speaking of SHAFT, Maria Holic opening still cracks me up whenever I see it ^^

Also Baka test (which is a truly hilarious anime) has quite a nice opening and ending, with two different erm..."styles". (I'm pretty sure the ending is targeted at the ladies...)

PS: 720p is your friend

you can change mine to 720 its just not defaulted to it for some reason, regardless Maria-holic like Kampfer made me question my sexuality.

you can change mine to 720 its just not defaulted to it for some reason, regardless Maria-holic like Kampfer made me question my sexuality.
    There's supposed to be a second season of Kampfer, but I'm not sure how that's gonna pan out with the new law and all.

Common Tokyo! Repel that law!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hayate no Gotoku and Shakugan no Shana are two of my favorite animes

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    Hayate no Gotoku and Shakugan no Shana are two of my favorite animes
    I assume you like JC Staff, new show just dropped from them called Yumekui Merry of which i just thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. She is definitely an interesting main character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Sy have you seen Keion? (K-ON!) It's pretty funny. It's got great music and OPs/EDs, and lots of performances in the show (it's about music).

Also two of my favorites that just ended their first seasons: The World God Only Knows (funny/romance anime with videogame humor), and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (American cartoon parody, very funny, likeable characters, lots of vulgar humor)
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

I decided to give Gosick a try while waiting on some of the other anime out there to come out. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I decided to give Gosick a try while waiting on some of the other anime out there to come out. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The only reason i dont have it yet is i wont watch anything under 720p, i have a 1920x1080 monitor and anything under 720 gets super blurry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marraphy View Post
    Hey Sy have you seen Keion? (K-ON!) It's pretty funny. It's got great music and OPs/EDs, and lots of performances in the show (it's about music).
    I eyed this with much skepticism after seeing a snippet of it on TV here... After watching the whole first season, I have to say its actually pretty great >.<

Also two of my favorites that just ended their first seasons: The World God Only Knows (funny/romance anime with videogame humor), and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (American cartoon parody, very funny, likeable characters, lots of vulgar humor)
    Loved first season of God Only Knows, contrast of Elcie and Keita was superb. Still have to watch Panty & Stocking though... Just not sure if it will really be my kind of humor XD

Final note: Never watched Clannad up till now, and after watching season 1 I was shocked that I liked the extra episode (The Tomoyo Alternate Chapter) more than almost every episode of season 1... However, the Fuko arc was great imo. Mayhaps I will come to appreciate the series more after After Story...
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    I eyed this with much skepticism after seeing a snippet of it on TV here... After watching the whole first season, I have to say its actually pretty great >.<

Loved first season of God Only Knows, contrast of Elcie and Keita was superb. Still have to watch Panty & Stocking though... Just not sure if it will really be my kind of humor XD

Final note: Never watched Clannad up till now, and after watching season 1 I was shocked that I liked the extra episode (The Tomoyo Alternate Chapter) more than almost every episode of season 1... However, the Fuko arc was great imo. Mayhaps I will come to appreciate the series more after After Story...
    Alot of people dont realize it and it may or may not apply to you, the Tomoyo arc is basically an entire season in 1 episode, cutting all the excess viewing out and going straight for the story. Alot of people enjoy watching shows like that, its alot more like american television episodes where 1 episode doesnt relate to the prior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of people dont realize it and it may or may not apply to you, the Tomoyo arc is basically an entire season in 1 episode
    Yeah, I get that. I know it was based off of the old bishojo game and that the actual show depicts only one of the routes (well, roughly...) of the game. I just was surprised that they managed to give such a good effect to a story they developed in 20 minutes... But its probably easier since the show itself developed the characters and familiarized you with them beforehand.

And I checked out Yumekui Merry, first ep seemed ok but on the mediocre side... I wasn't all too curious about the bad guy or what would happen next at the end; That's never a good sign.
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrix1 View Post
    I loved Angel Beats! Mainly because of T.K and his random english words.
    "in the mountains" <3

Hey Sy have you seen Keion? (K-ON!)
    not yet, but i plan to watch it soon ;]

Never watched Clannad up till now, and after watching season 1 I was shocked that I liked the extra episode (The Tomoyo Alternate Chapter) more than almost every episode of season 1... However, the Fuko arc was great imo. Mayhaps I will come to appreciate the series more after After Story...
    i liked the Tomoyo chapter more than the others too. i liked Nagisa and the other girls, but Tomoyo's part in the story was certainly too short and unimportant for her beeing a pretty interesting character. also, the last two episodes with Nagisa were a bit disappointing and overly "innocent" (read: boring, cold and unrealistic) imo, so the Tomoyo romance was a surprisingly nice alternative.

Alot of people dont realize it and it may or may not apply to you, the Tomoyo arc is basically an entire season in 1 episode, cutting all the excess viewing out and going straight for the story. Alot of people enjoy watching shows like that, its alot more like american television episodes where 1 episode doesnt relate to the prior.
    true, but that's not why i personally liked it the most. actually i would have loved there beeing 13+ episodes of that kind

sooo, i finally watched Spirited Away! err.. hooray!

aaand, uhm, yeah.. i didn't really like it -.-'
    the story was for the most part both weird and boring (which is a quite bad mix) imo and i probably would have turned it off after the first third or so, if i wouldn't have hoped for something better to come because of all the praise it got. the 2nd half was a little better and i atleast didn't have to force myself to keep watching anymore, but it still didn't really enthral or touch me. i did like the very ending quote though^^
    so all in all not the right anime/movie for me and i liked Princess Mononoke much better (although i didn't really like it that much either).

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't read through the entire thread, but here are some ones I like that weren't mentioned on the 1st few pages.

Yakitate Japan - Anime about making bread. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. I thought the same thing at first, but I loved it
    Basilisk - Anime about 2 ninja clans trying to wipe each other out to take over the shogunate.
    Midori no hibi - Funny anime/manga about a bully who's secret admirer becomes his right hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    sooo, i finally watched Spirited Away! err.. hooray!

aaand, uhm, yeah.. i didn't really like it -.-'
    the story was for the most part both weird and boring (which is a quite bad mix) imo and i probably would have turned it off after the first third or so, if i wouldn't have hoped for something better to come because of all the praise it got. the 2nd half was a little better and i atleast didn't have to force myself to keep watching anymore, but it still didn't really enthral or touch me. i did like the very ending quote though^^
    so all in all not the right anime/movie for me and i liked Princess Mononoke much better (although i didn't really like it that much either).
    Aw. Well, what tickles you tickles you and what doesn't doesn't. I guess it is pretty slow paced, but I still think its great.

Also relevant to Bill 156:
    http://www.japanator.com/elephant//u...sejpg-800x.jpg
    No sense whatsoever...
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snoogans View Post
    Basilisk
    i watched it but i really didn't like it -.-^^

Aw. Well, what tickles you tickles you and what doesn't doesn't. I guess it is pretty slow paced, but I still think its great.
    of course. i won't say it's a bad movie, just that it's not what i like.
    that's the point though: people don't seem to believe that i could actually not like what most people liked :x

Freezing was aperently out earlier today...the only group subing it dont look to good though...think i'll wait a day or 2 and see if anyone else picks it up.
    And Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu! is out....this i am looking forward to since the first season managed to give me a chuckle atleast once an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Freezing was aperently out earlier today...the only group subing it dont look to good though...think i'll wait a day or 2 and see if anyone else picks it up.
    Wait for a different version because the only sub out is 960x720 and a small portion of the left and right edges of the video are cut out with black bars on either side. While it's obviously still watchable, I prefer seeing the entire video.

And now to comment on the OP (shut it off right after the opening when I realized the above issue). Good song, and overall nice visuals. I find that the OP(visuals+music) can (not always) be an indicator of the quality of the studio and so far I'm pleased.

It seems the OP has a few portions where they take scenes from the current episode and place them in (which I've seen a few times in other anime) and they appeared to be violent/gory (death) scenes which were censored with a white bar, so this certainly won't be a "clean" anime and hopefully there will be uncensored versions airing in a reasonable time frame (not that I particularly take pleasure in seeing violent/gory scenes, but I don't like censorship, regardless of what it's censoring).
    Last edited by Zhabin; 2011-01-08 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhabin View Post
    Wait for a different version because the only sub out is 960x720 and a small portion of the left and right edges of the video are cut out with black bars on either side. While it's obviously still watchable, I prefer seeing the entire video.

And now to comment on the OP (shut it off right after the opening when I realized the above issue). Good song, and overall nice visuals. I find that the OP(visuals+music) can (not always) be an indicator of the quality of the studio and so far I'm pleased.

It seems the OP has a few portions where they take scenes from the current episode and place them in (which I've seen a few times in other anime) and they appeared to be violent/gory (death) scenes which were censored with a white bar, so this certainly won't be a "clean" anime and hopefully there will be uncensored versions airing in a reasonable time frame (not that I particularly take pleasure in seeing violent/gory scenes, but I don't like censorship, regardless of what it's censoring).
    Downloaded the raw and the sub version of Freezing...the Raw was in widescreen with the black bars on either side the sub was in 4:3 and both were uncensored...cant say it was any good though...seemed to me that the were going with a futuristic version of Queens Blade so i doubt i'll be watching more than a few episodes.
    As for Mitsudomoe...that was a disapointing first episode...going with the power rangers thing, i'm hoping it wont last more than a few eps though.
    Also Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! is out...and looking at it the charecters have been done in a style that i recognise from somewhere else(hentai serial in a mag) so i wouldnt realy expect this one to be..clean.., entertaining maybe.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2011-01-09 at 12:42 AM.

Onii-chan no Koto just hit. The art style is a bit off from the norm but that's fine IMO. Should be interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Downloaded the raw and the sub version of Freezing...the Raw was in widescreen with the black bars on either side the sub was in 4:3 and both were uncensored...cant say it was any good though...seemed to me that the were going with a futuristic version of Queens Blade so i doubt i'll be watching more than a few episodes.
    As for Mitsudomoe...that was a disapointing first episode...going with the power rangers thing, i'm hoping it wont last more than a few eps though.
    Also Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! is out...and looking at it the charecters have been done in a style that i recognise from somewhere else(hentai serial in a mag) so i wouldnt realy expect this one to be..clean.., entertaining maybe.
    Ya, I didn't bother posting about it because it appears to be (haven't watched it, going on its name and description) the kind of anime that if you're interested in that kind of stuff, you'll likely manage to find it on your own. I'm wondering how it'll turn out....I have it but I'm busy playing WoW atm, also kinda "stocking" up on anime for a "rainy" day so I've got a good bit waiting for me.