Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    [/COLOR]Having a tough time finding a good anime that isn't necessarily ecchi, but still has a strong female cast. Preferably a drama with both happy/sad parts. (a la Kanon/Clannad)

Any suggestions?
    You could try Lovely Complex or Toradora, they have pretty strong female casts. No Ecchi and overall 2 pretty good Anime. Also both is sort of happy and sad
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Stick with it, the story is overall better. The characters you miss out on you will forget about pretty quickly because Brotherhood is that much better. The story also makes a lot more sense than the original one. Stick with it for sure.
    I'm actually kind of excited to see how good it really is and how it compares with the original seeing all the acclaim it has received.

Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    You could try Lovely Complex or Toradora, they have pretty strong female casts. No Ecchi and overall 2 pretty good Anime. Also both is sort of happy and sad
    I actually just started watching Toradora today. I have to say, I can't stop laughing. I love how nearly every trope in it is either used excessively or completely reversed. I'll check out Lovely Complex though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NUStudentHub View Post
    Looking for a good new anime.. any suggestions?
    Madoka Magica

It would help to know what you've already watched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clannad and Haruhi Suzumiya.

The end.

Neither of the 2 above me. Watch One Piece first. Then what they said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Trying to watch One Piece in one sitting will drive you insane.

Watch it interlaced with the ones above.

Deleted
    I don't think so. One Piece is a waste of time, it's just another endless shonen. Completely overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I don't think so. One Piece is a waste of time, it's just another endless shonen. Completely overrated.
    I know its your opinion but i just want to say that its not overrated. It doesnt get to where its at by being completely overrated. Neither does it become the fastest selling manga by being overrated. There are those that like it and those that dont, the people who dont like it are entitled to thier own opinions but i dont like when they call it a waste or time and overrated just because they dont like it.

I know its your opinion but i just want to say that its not overrated. It doesnt get to where its at by being completely overrated. Neither does it become the fastest selling manga by being overrated. There are those that like it and those that dont, the people who dont like it are entitled to thier own opinions but i dont like when they call it a waste or time and overrated just because they dont like it.
    Overrated doesn't necessarily mean bad, it just means that it doesn't live up to expectations, which is understandable considering how much people exaggerate when it comes to One Piece and other big Shounen series. In all honesty I preferred the Manga, the anime was severely overhyped.

Deleted
    That sounds exactly like what happens when something is overrated. The quality of the anime does not correspond to its popularity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like One Piece, but I have only just started it recently. How a single fight can last for multiple episodes with no one even moving a muscle gets extremely tiresome, but it is a good anime, and has great characters, nonetheless.

Plan on cosplaying Zoro first chance I get though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to watch One Piece in one sitting will drive you insane.

Watch it interlaced with the ones above.
    That's called suicide.
    ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Recommendation thread. It has some built in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished アナザー (Another).

Well... honestly wasn't bad, I'd give it an 9/10, probably cause I like psychological horrors.
    One thing, Noizi Ito, love her artwork.

OP makes a hell of a lot more sense now.

Sooooo I'll shut up now before I say spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is there are many people who just plain do no like Shonen and that is fine, but people will still recommend One Piece to them and say it is the greatest thing ever. Personally, it is one of my favorite series, but I only recommend it to other people if they are fans of the genre. It also starts out really slowly and has a slightly odd animation style that takes a bit to get used to. It's a great shonen series, but you have to enjoy that kind of series to begin with. One Piece will not make someone who dislikes that kind of series change their mind.

That's kind of why I hate when people say "I like anime, recommend me a good series." without saying what kind of series they are looking for. It is almost like saying "I like movies, recommend me a good one." It's pretty damn vague.
    I personally like One Piece, but I have only just started it recently. How a single fight can last for multiple episodes with no one even moving a muscle gets extremely tiresome, but it is a good anime, and has great characters, nonetheless.

Plan on cosplaying Zoro first chance I get though.
    I never thought the fights were like that. I guess the way it will jump from one characters fight to another and back can make is seem like they are just standing there, but I never got that Dragonball Z feeling where there would be episodes of just two people staring at each other and "powering up" for multiple episodes. In fact, Fairy Tail felt odd to me at first because the fights were over so quick. It almost always is just the hero character getting beat for 5-10 min. and thenusing some super move and defeating the baddie in one hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    OP as in....?
    Opening song.

Woo i thought this thread had died a while ago...glad to see it's still alive.
    Is it just me or has the anime from the last 6 months actually had some good stuff in it?...this season particularly has 7 series that i am watching where the year before i was struggling to find 1 or 2 to keep me interested.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2012-05-02 at 05:32 PM.

Well, I have not watched One Piece, but I have been watching Toriko (and damn, Toriko makes you hungry than a mofo) and the One Piece crossovers were pretty epic, although I don't think that'd be enough to devote the time to watching such a long series.

The longest series I watched was Detective Conan, and I think I stopped at around 300 because of some bad sources... but in any case, I recommend watching Toriko if you like gourmet food and or manly action of men.

Also Deadman Wonderland. I watched that after Another about three or four weeks ago, and it made the bloodiness of Another seem like... nothing.

Also, Muzual, Rita ftw.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Isn't Toriko that series about some guy that hunts for meat or something like that? lol

To me it always seemed like something that was meant for 10 year olds and such

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    If you're ever thinking about catching up on that series; don't.
    I've read the manga up to ~800 chapters or so and the plot advances insanely slow.

The murder cases aren't that bad though and it's pretty interesting to try and solve them yourself. But it's super annoying to watch case after case after case.

Just my 2 cents.
    Why would anyone read 800 chapters of anything.