Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Hey everyone.. back after a few days of being gone. <3

Been watching so so so much One Piece (about 50 episodes the past week), with some K-On!! in between. Also getting my friend to watch Haruhi Suzumiya successfully. :3

My blacklog of anime just on my computer alone is getting fairly bad though.. currently at 39 GB of unwatched.
    Ignore that awful one piece nd watch K-On!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone.. back after a few days of being gone. <3

Been watching so so so much One Piece (about 50 episodes the past week), with some K-On!! in between. Also getting my friend to watch Haruhi Suzumiya successfully. :3

My blacklog of anime just on my computer alone is getting fairly bad though.. currently at 39 GB of unwatched.

39G that's it? really that's IT? i have TERABYTES of data in my backlog with over 100 PURCHASED DVD/BLU RAYS and then the SEVERAL HUNDRED manga as in EASILY over 300 voumes. Then of course the digital manga the hentai the VN and so on. So ummm yeah trust me compared to alot of us 39 gigs isn't so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    i second this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Ah. I have a tendency to accidentally spoil stuff, so I'll leave it at; I hope you enjoy it!

(Also, I'd like to recommend the manga - same story, but it gives you a different feel)
    I'm not too bad with learning about spoilers, but it's always better to remain spoiler free. I am thinking of picking up the manga though, I haven't even started buying mange being so new to anime itself, but I am looking at getting Toradora first.

I'm actually finding myself more drawn to One Piece even though I love K-On. I love continuous storylines, and once you get past the very long fights that happen every so often the story is actually really good, and the characters very likable once you get used to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    39G that's it? really that's IT? i have TERABYTES of data in my backlog with over 100 PURCHASED DVD/BLU RAYS and then the SEVERAL HUNDRED manga as in EASILY over 300 voumes. Then of course the digital manga the hentai the VN and so on. So ummm yeah trust me compared to alot of us 39 gigs isn't so much.
    It's a lot for me, just check out my AP account in my sig to see how much I have actually watched. :P Anyways, I can't fill up my harddrive much more because of all the games I don't want to download yet never play, and all the songs piled up, that take up a lot of it.

Edit: Also wow I want this so bad. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-05-27/autographed-k-on-guitar-auction-exceeds-us$69800

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenesss View Post
    How is it "outdated" animation lol? Its beautiful animation. I always liked this style.
    Pay no attention to Laylie. He has had some bad influences and become quite the anime snob.
    Episode 80.
    Ooooo You are getting into the really good stuff! Enjoy! Man, I remember the first time I watched One Piece. I got sooo hooked and I did not want to stop watching! For me, pretty much from Arlong Park (still one of my favorite story arcs in the series) continuing all the way through all the Drum Island and Alabasta stuff is all just so good.

See? Anime snob.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Pay no attention to Laylie. He has had some bad influences and become quite the anime snob.
    I prefer elitist.

I don't know if it's been brought up but, Sakamichi No Apolllon is fairly new, on episode 6, and I HIGHLY recommend it, here's the OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooo You are getting into the really good stuff! Enjoy! Man, I remember the first time I watched One Piece. I got sooo hooked and I did not want to stop watching! For me, pretty much from Arlong Park (still one of my favorite story arcs in the series) continuing all the way through all the Drum Island and Alabasta stuff is all just so good.
    That's where I really got into it also.. before the Arlong Park arc I was slugging through it seeing fights last episode after episode with nothing really happening (especially the beach and boat one), but after that it really started picking up the pace. Now I am watching one after the other. I am just really really hoping it doesn't turn into Pokemon where something like they have a really tough time beating an enemy on episode 300 when on episode 132 they killed a different more powerful enemy easily. I want to see progress in the characters and their story or I might get a bit bored.

Here's for hoping if Toonami is successful they pick up some other anime's, One Piece included hopefully, and extend it a bit longer.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-05-27 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's where I really got into it also.. before the Arlong Park arc I was slugging through it seeing fights last episode after episode with nothing really happening (especially the beach and boat one), but after that it really started picking up the pace. Now I am watching one after the other. I am just really really hoping it doesn't turn into Pokemon where something like they have a really tough time beating an enemy on episode 300 when on episode 132 they killed a different more powerful enemy easily. I want to see progress in the characters and their story or I might get a bit bored.
    As someone who has seen all 540ish episodes (so far) of One Piece at least 3 times over, you will not have any issues like that. Oda (the creator / writer) is pretty damn good at having meaningful progression and growth in his characters. One thing he has said a few times though is that there are no "power levels" when it comes to the Devil's Fruit abilities. Some abilities may be really strong against some fruit powers and really weak against others. It all makes logical sense though. I don't want to say too much. I will say that if you are enjoying it now, you will certainly enjoy it for a long time to come. Don't let anyone else tell you that you are wrong to enjoy what you enjoy. Just tune them out, have fun, and enjoy the ride!

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has seen all 540ish episodes (so far) of One Piece at least 3 times over, you will not have any issues like that. Oda (the creator / writer) is pretty damn good at having meaningful progression and growth in his characters. One thing he has said a few times though is that there are no "power levels" when it comes to the Devil's Fruit abilities. Some abilities may be really strong against some fruit powers and really weak against others. It all makes logical sense though. I don't want to say too much. I will say that if you are enjoying it now, you will certainly enjoy it for a long time to come. Don't let anyone else tell you that you are wrong to enjoy what you enjoy. Just tune them out, have fun, and enjoy the ride!
    I have noticed the writing is much much better then I expected from an "endless Shonen". The one gripe I had about it earlier on was it seemed every other person had Devil Fruit powers, but I've come to accept that Devil Fruits just aren't as rare as I thought they where. I still slightly cringe whenever I see a bunch of people in one room all with Devil Fruit powers.

Why is she so perfect... ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed the writing is much much better then I expected from an "endless Shonen". The one gripe I had about it earlier on was it seemed every other person had Devil Fruit powers, but I've come to accept that Devil Fruits just aren't as rare as I thought they where. I still slightly cringe whenever I see a bunch of people in one room all with Devil Fruit powers.
    True. Although the Grand Line is very different then the rest of the world. Devil Fruit are pretty rare everyplace outside of the Grand Line, it is just that the Grand Line has drawn every pirate and would be adventurer from all over and many of them have Devil Fruit abilities or seek them out. That said, the Devil Fruits are just One Piece's "thing" just like Naruto's ninja skills, Bleach's Soul Reapers, Fairy Tails' magic abilities, and so on. It's just the way these kinds of series work.

I think one thing that sets One Piece apart then many of the other "endless Shonen" series, for me at least, is that it is a lot less plot driven then the other ones. What keeps people tuning back in each week for series like Bleach or Naruto is the desire to see what will happen next. To get the next piece of the puzzle and figure out the next part of the mystery. One Piece is much more character driven. I keep coming back because I just enjoy all the characters. You could stick them into just about any situation and I will keep coming back. You could not do that with Naruto. Sure, there still are mysteries and puzzles in One Piece as well, but they are not the main focus of the series. Luffy and crew are the main focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    True. Although the Grand Line is very different then the rest of the world. Devil Fruit are pretty rare everyplace outside of the Grand Line, it is just that the Grand Line has drawn every pirate and would be adventurer from all over and many of them have Devil Fruit abilities or seek them out. That said, the Devil Fruits are just One Piece's "thing" just like Naruto's ninja skills, Bleach's Soul Reapers, Fairy Tails' magic abilities, and so on. It's just the way these kinds of series work.

I think one thing that sets One Piece apart then many of the other "endless Shonen" series, for me at least, is that it is a lot less plot driven then the other ones. What keeps people tuning back in each week for series like Bleach or Naruto is the desire to see what will happen next. To get the next piece of the puzzle and figure out the next part of the mystery. One Piece is much more character driven. I keep coming back because I just enjoy all the characters. You could stick them into just about any situation and I will keep coming back. You could not do that with Naruto. Sure, there still are mysteries and puzzles in One Piece as well, but they are not the main focus of the series. Luffy and crew are the main focus.
    One Piece is in a nice place in terms of plot. I wouldn't dream of skipping episodes and I have to watch them in order, but it isn't too extreme.

I know I just have to get used to the Devil Fruits being everywhere, but it's just strange they would show them as so unbelievably rare and worth so much at the beginning, then press on you people left and right with powers, sometimes in groups (just like the Alabasta arc I am on right now).

10+ Year Old Account
    I

It's a lot for me, just check out my AP account in my sig to see how much I have actually watched. :P Anyways, I can't fill up my harddrive much more because of all the games I don't want to download yet never play, and all the songs piled up, that take up a lot of it.

Edit: Also wow I want this so bad. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-05-27/autographed-k-on-guitar-auction-exceeds-us$69800
    Yeah you're gonna want some externals trust me. I for one have over 15 terabytes worth of storage via external drives. Not all full by any means wellllll not yet and TBH may be over half full but reorganizing. Putting hentai(well all i can find) one one drive anime on several with games(regualr ones) on another. AT least that's the plan. Eventually i plan to break down the anime by genre and sub genre as well.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 08:04 AM ----------

Here's for hoping if Toonami is successful they pick up some other anime's, One Piece included hopefully, and extend it a bit longer.
    I've heard that they want to but don't have the money right now. SO WATCH IT WATCH IT LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Why is she so perfect... ;_;
    Read the manga if you;re not it;s pretty damn awesome. Been reading both this series and Sankarea for some time actually LOL.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 08:09 AM ----------

One Piece is in a nice place in terms of plot. I wouldn't dream of skipping episodes and I have to watch them in order, but it isn't too extreme.

I know I just have to get used to the Devil Fruits being everywhere, but it's just strange they would show them as so unbelievably rare and worth so much at the beginning, then press on you people left and right with powers, sometimes in groups (just like the Alabasta arc I am on right now).
    Think of it as people grouping together man. I mean if you have like minded people don't they tend to group up even IRL? In this case it;s just those with powers. Also as was said above pretty sure in East Blue(i get the feeling East Blue is like the backwoods of that world) they ARE quite rare but with many other seas as well they're would of course be places closer to where they originate or others where they are just more common.

Also have they ever covered where devil fruit come from? Cause that would make a pretty badass arc if not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you're gonna want some externals trust me. I for one have over 15 terabytes worth of storage via external drives. Not all full by any means wellllll not yet and TBH may be over half full but reorganizing. Putting hentai(well all i can find) one one drive anime on several with games(regualr ones) on another. AT least that's the plan. Eventually i plan to break down the anime by genre and sub genre as well.
    Definitely looking into buying another hard drive, most likely external, can't fit anywhere close to what I want to on the one I have now.

I've heard that they want to but don't have the money right now. SO WATCH IT WATCH IT LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!
    I definitely am, at least the two new ones. They are most likely going to look at it overall how many people tuned in for any one of the episodes rather then individually to gauge how popular it is.

Think of it as people grouping together man. I mean if you have like minded people don't they tend to group up even IRL? In this case it;s just those with powers. Also as was said above pretty sure in East Blue(i get the feeling East Blue is like the backwoods of that world) they ARE quite rare but with many other seas as well they're would of course be places closer to where they originate or others where they are just more common.

Also have they ever covered where devil fruit come from? Cause that would make a pretty badass arc if not.
    That does make sense, still just a bit strange seeing so many of them. It is fun seeing all the different types though. The changing your weight at whim one is pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

It has yet to be outright stated where they come from. It has been said that Dr. Vegapunk knew more about the Devil's Fruit then anyone else and that only one of each fruit can exist at any given time. I am guessing that the origin and mechanics of the Devil's Fruit will play a big role in the story, perhaps pretty soon too based on a number of recent events in the manga like Blackbeard "stealing" Whitebeard's ability, Franky finding Vegapunk's research facility, the fact that the island they are currently on in the manga, Punk Hazard, was also a Vegapunk facility and the most recent big baddie was Vegapunk's research assistant.

It has yet to be outright stated where they come from. It has been said that Dr. Vegapunk knew more about the Devil's Fruit then anyone else and that only one of each fruit can exist at any given time. I am guessing that the origin and mechanics of the Devil's Fruit will play a big role in the story, perhaps pretty soon too based on a number of recent events in the manga like Blackbeard "stealing" Whitebeard's ability, Franky finding Vegapunk's research facility, the fact that the island they are currently on in the manga, Punk Hazard, was also a Vegapunk facility and the most recent big baddie was Vegapunk's research assistant.
    560+ episodes >.< Still don't know where Devil Fruit come from /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    560+ episodes >.< Still don't know where Devil Fruit come from /facepalm

obviously it will be explained at 1k episodes
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

I can't watch anime that long, I can't do it. My anxiety is rising thinking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as one piece goes i thought i saw somewhere they are from the bottom of the ocean dont quote me though also..
    Farity tail at least in the manga is awsome especially that new one where Erza roflstomped the competition
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.