Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I'd throw in Paper Masters and Gantz if they aren't already mentioned.

Paper Masters is about these three "sisters" that have extensive control over, well, paper. One sister primarily turns paper in to animals (wolves, lions, covers a plane with a huge bird and lands it) the other sister turns it into Weapons mostly, bows, swords, etc, and the third, and youngest, just straightens out the paper and is like a fucking ninja. Its awesome-sauce.
    Oh god...i realised from the summery what you were talking about but the name completely threw me off, that one is call Read or Die, how did it end up being called something like "Paper Master"?

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Just gonna bump this specific title up.
    Its an amazing Anime with lots of Action and a bit of humor.
    Even the story line is (imo) very unique.
    Definitely worth watching (season 2 recently started as well).
    Hm i havent finished the anime, but i do agree that its quite good, i do read its 2 mangas (theyre entwisted) so i know how the story folds out as far as its been translated, curious now thou, the anime had a unique ending you say?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Hm i havent finished the anime, but i do agree that its quite good, i do read its 2 mangas (theyre entwisted) so i know how the story folds out as far as its been translated, curious now thou, the anime had a unique ending you say?
    Unique Story line :P
    I mean, there are others where the church fight, but never in this kind of way
    Dawwwwwww

Unique Story line :P
    I mean, there are others where the church fight, but never in this kind of way
    Ah, well theres a few oddballs in the church in alot of animes, but agreed theyre quite unique

Actually thanks for reminding me of the church; Chrono Crusade has a quite good story aswell
    Last edited by Deamoneyes; 2010-11-22 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If im correct the "first" one with the story is a game, then the manga and anime...and i think all diverges
    according to wikipedia, it went light novel -> manga -> anime.
    Yea, in a way your correct but it would require them to create alot of more screen time for each and everyone which they probaly didnt have the content for, i guess it was intended as a short and bit touchy story and not a prolonged one....althou i would watch it and like it as much if it was 26 episodes i think it fits quite well with 13
    of course they would have needed to write additional story and details for the new episodes, not just double the screentime of everything that's already in^^
    Yep, they couldve used it more, i liked My Soul, My Beat and Alchemy a lot aswell!
    i don't like My Soul, My Beat. it's just boring imo.
    but the GDM songs were cool and Kanade's Theme too (although the part in the middle doesn't really fit imo).
    \o/
    that are great news. i hope they manage to fix some of the flaws of the 1st season =)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrsa View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Cowboy Bebop yet? I feel terrible that I forgot to list that its one of my favorite animes.
    and Yoko Kano did a fantastic job with the music for the whole series.
    great humor, but i didn't really like it.. the whole style (characters, animation, music) just annoyed me.
    so it's not one of my personal favorites, but it sure is a great comedy anime for most people.

I'd throw in Paper Masters and Gantz if they aren't already mentioned.
    have you got a link or an original title? i can't find anything than a tribute video on youtube.
    Gantz...
    has been mentioned by Demoneyes
    I'd say Air Gear, but that seems to fall into yours 15 and under category of what you don't read/ watch.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I'll add Shiki.
    i'd need to finish Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni before watching another horro anime^^
    i haven't even watched the 1st season completely, but will probably add it to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios View Post
    To aru mahotsu no index
    Just gonna bump this specific title up.
    Can only agree on that.
    in case someone is trying to find it, it's actually called "Toaru Majutsu no Index"^^

Oh god...i realised from the summery what you were talking about but the name completely threw me off, that one is call Read or Die, how did it end up being called something like "Paper Master"?
    *cough*
    that explains it xD
    doesn't look too bad

i've watched it and it wasn't bad, but overall pretty one-dimensional and simple story, characters and humor, imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    "in case someone is trying to find it, it's actually called "Toaru Majutsu no Index"^^"

When I saw the name "Index" in an Anime thread, I already new enough.
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw the name "Index" in an Anime thread, I already new enough.
    it was meant for people who don't know the anime already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    according to wikipedia, it went light novel -> manga -> anime.
    Hm okay, found some images that wasnt from the anime or manga, so was assuming it was from a game, learn something new everyday here.

i don't like My Soul, My Beat. it's just boring imo.
    but the GDM songs were cool and Kanade's Theme too (although the part in the middle doesn't really fit imo).
    Look up the lyrics and youll see, its a great song for the series, and the intro and overall feeling just makes you remember it with a faint sigh and a small smile on your lips.

\o/
    that are great news. i hope they manage to fix some of the flaws of the 1st season =)
    Sadly it sounds like its not Otonashi and the others, but a pair of new souls getting lost in there, still, ill look forward to seeing if they can pull it off.

have you got a link or an original title? i can't find anything than a tribute video on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH0zsABQiaQ http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/read-or-die

*cough*
    that explains it xD
    doesn't look too bad
    Ye, first time ive ever heard it being called "Paper Masters", was that possible the american name on it? i think there was a few names that got a major change (for the worse) when they were published in the US and EU

i've watched it and it wasn't bad, but overall pretty one-dimensional and simple story, characters and humor, imo.
    Ah yes, its flawed, but if i go by that then i would soon run out of entertainment for the rest of my life :P

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 08:23 PM ----------

I'd say Air Gear, but that seems to fall into yours 15 and under category of what you don't read/ watch.
    Actually Air Gear does have some hillarious parts aswell as some awesome, but thats the manga, the anime went softcore and now in season 2 theyre going off from a point in the manga which seriously makes me scratch my head Oo

If you liked the anime, you should try reading it aswell
    And yea it prolly gets that placement from Sy

10+ Year Old Account
    Look up the lyrics and youll see, its a great song for the series, and the intro and overall feeling just makes you remember it with a faint sigh and a small smile on your lips.
    i skipped the opening most of the times, since i just don't like the melody and this specific piano play.. can't really say why.
    Sadly it sounds like its not Otonashi and the others, but a pair of new souls getting lost in there, still, ill look forward to seeing if they can pull it off.
    yeah :/
    Ah yes, its flawed, but if i go by that then i would soon run out of entertainment for the rest of my life :P
    probably true^^
    indeed :x
    but fortunately my placement shouldn't really affect other people and opinions^^

The lack of discussion of Ghibli is making me loose faith in all of you =[

I had a dream last night that I came onto this forum (I think I have been spending way too much time here lately) after watching Spirited Away (I watched it, listened to music from it for a couple of hours, then fell asleep and proceeded to dream about it, before coming here in my dream) and there were 100s of pages of people saying how good Ghibli was.

I am disappointed =[

If it helps, you're not the only one. I had the same dream a couple of nights ago.
    How high did you score on the insanity test again? ;]

19% :x
    Why? Do I look insane?! D:
    That's not too bad then. We should be ok...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    The lack of discussion of Ghibli is making me loose faith in all of you =[
    i just watched Princess Mononoke yesterday.
    i liked it overall and there are many small but great details. the ending was disappointing though, i had hoped for something else.. i like happy ends but it was just too happy and peaceful for me.
    the animation is very nice, although you can see that it's an old anime at some points.
    i will probably add it to my list when i update it next time because i have only 3 movies atm, but it wasn't that OMFGAMAZINGWOW good imo^^
    I had a dream last night that I came onto this forum (I think I have been spending way too much time here lately) after watching Spirited Away (I watched it, listened to music from it for a couple of hours, then fell asleep and proceeded to dream about it, before coming here in my dream) and there were 100s of pages of people saying how good Ghibli was.

I am disappointed =[
    xD
    *pats Raven*
    If it helps, you're not the only one. I had the same dream a couple of nights ago.
    hmm, i know i had a dream regarding mmoc a while ago too, but i can't really remember it..
    <-- 25.0%
    about what i expected.

Happy endings are great =[
    Ghibli always has happy endings, though I think that's the point, like Spirited away has a happy ending, not because she gets done what she wants, but because you realise she has matured as a person etc...

God I hated Lord of the Flies. Good story, not so good writing.

<-- 25.0%
    about what i expected.
    Wait, what? that low...? *looks at my score* alright im outta here, just sane ppl!

(actually sleep, but less fun to say)

Bad writing as in ....?
    Like Knaak where he describes the same thing all the time ?
    Just a little boring, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by selaney View Post
    Omg I finally found someone that likes The Wallflower!!! I never thought it would happen lol I've been suggesting it to my friends forever it seems...
    Aye, art style might seem a bit weird, but comedy factor is gold.

Edit: would it be a problem if some mangas were thrown around here? Seeing as it is anime list after all, but I'm overall better versed in the comics :X
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    Happy endings are great =[
    happy endings are great.
    unrealistically perfect endings are not. at least not for me.

Wait, what? that low...? *looks at my score* alright im outta here, just sane ppl!
    it's okay, i think i just took the test to serious^^
    i enjoy beeing with insane people.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    would it be a problem if some mangas were thrown around here? Seeing as it is anime list after all, but I'm overall better versed in the comics :X
    no problem, as long as the main topic and discussion stays on animes.
    just make sure you really label them as mangas, since many mangas and "their" animes are very different from each other and it easily gets confusing.

The plot follows the book "Lord of the flies" but in manga form. I havn't read the book but I really consider doing it now since the manga shows how humans act when there's no rules left and everything depends on working together (and not going crazy)
    Have you heard of Infinite Ryvius? pretty much a spin on lord of the flies

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm retarded like that haha... I haven't seen/ read it in years dude, my bad. I'll fix it.

Actually Air Gear does have some hillarious parts aswell as some awesome, but thats the manga, the anime went softcore and now in season 2 theyre going off from a point in the manga which seriously makes me scratch my head Oo

If you liked the anime, you should try reading it aswell
    I've never actually watched the Air Gear anime, just reading the manga at the moment, and the most current English scan I know of is like 290 something.

ALSO! I gotta throw in Outlaw Star if it hasn't been mentioned, its one anime that i've actively searched for and can't find anymore than the first four episodes, even with English subs.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2010-11-23 at 05:18 AM.