Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    My assumption of what happened: he did not actually rape her, just roughed her up and then lost consciousness. She saw the opportunity to blackmail him, arranged the scene to leave no doubt as to what happened - removing his pants and whatever she had left on herself in the process - and then is going to play the "u raepd meh" card to own advantage, plummeting him into self-hatred in the process.
    Sounds like something she would do... still unprobable though :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Date a Live 11 - Loved this episode. Even if it had no action, I thought it was absolutely hilarious. Plus that piano version of the OP again (probably one of my favourite pieces this season)

Just finished Psycho-Pass.

Overall, it was pretty good. I don't think it was as great as it could be though. I thought the first episode was absolutely amazing, but that quality (imo) didn't stay throughout. The villain really wasn't that interesting. His reasoning for fighting was hard to sympathize with. I mean, obviously he was doing the right thing (his goal, not his methods... obviously), but the whole "solitude" babble just seemed dumb, and I don't think I liked him at all. The twist where the villain isn't affected by the dominator was excellent, as was the Sibyl system twist. The father-son plotline was cool as well. It's just that the first episode was phenomenal, and I think if it focused more on the actual judging and the morality behind it, it would have been better. Not the "do we need the system or not?" message that we got.

Nonetheless, I hope there is a second season.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-06-15 at 02:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Railgun - More glorious fighting! You have no idea how pleased I am that the OP was just JC Staff being JC Staff and wasn't incorporated into the show. Everything so far has pretty much copied the manga 1:1 except for the first episode, half of episode 7, and a few sparse and meaningless scenes. Seeing Touma at the very end was awesome and it'll be nice to see him back into the Railgun story since this is the official point pretty much where Railgun and Index merge. The end of chapter 30 intersects with volume 3 of the Index Light Novel. Railgun itself is now up to chapter 30 in the manga.

(manga spoilers) Touma time next episode! I haven't read past chapter 31 in my re-reading of the series so I'm not entirely sure if this is where the Sisters arc ends. I might have to search for the scene in Index that'll happen next episode and see if it's a 1:1 copy paste at certain parts.

Every episode I watch it's making me want to read the LNs more and more to see what'll happen with Misaka and the rest of Railgun's and Index's cast.

Deleted
    Date A Live: *fanfare* We have a Winner! http://i.imgur.com/aysaFFn.jpg
    Nice Beach episode. Kotori is getting more and more adorable. Also, that guy on the ship, whatshisfaceagain, is hilarious XD Next week shit is gonna hit the fan. I hope for S2 =(

Shinsekai Yori finished.

Overall I'd definitely say it was better than average; I'd estimate around an 8/10 after having just finished it. Being the biologist that I am, I appreciate that they did some research and modeled things well. The second I saw Squealer for the first time I recognized him as being based off a naked mole rat, with the presence/appearance of the queen clinching it. Also they bothered to do little things like draw ragworms correctly. The only thing I didn't get is why Kimoumaru (sp?) looked more like a canine than the rest of his race.

As for the plot, I'd pre-guessed a few things like the "Fiend" being Maria/Momoru's kid and the queerats being the remnants of the hunter-gatherers but that didn't really detract from the enjoyment. The strength of the show wasn't in big twists, which is something I really appreciate. I'm a bit "twisted out" of late, as trying to do a total reinterpretation at the end of a series seems to be far too popular and if anything has become a substitute for solid character and plot development and resolution. I was happy the series delivered on that end. It was also a refreshing change of pace for the protagonists to age and not wrap everything up at age 14. The number of teenage leads in series gets pretty tiresome, and I liked how Saki's oldest 30+ voice was the narrator looking back on things.

What follows below is technical but relevant if anybody's interested.

There are two areas of the brain which handle moral judgments. One is the insula, an area located laterally under the outer cortex, and the other is the temporal-parietal junction, which is a bit forward and above where your ears are. The insula is more closely tied to emotional systems while the TP junction is more of an accountant. This distribution of function to two separate subsystems can sometimes result in conflicting outputs, leading to moral quandaries.

An example will help demonstrate. Imagine that there is a train that is out of control and will kill five people if it continues on the track it is on. You have the power to change tracks and cause it to only hit one person on an alternate route. Looked at in one way, this is the perfectly right calculus - you're sacrificing one person to save five (TP junction). In another, you're taking an action that will kill somebody (insula). You can tease these apart with even more scenarios. What if the default were to hit one and you could divert to kill five? Now, suddenly you aren't "doing anything" and your insula is happy and now agrees with your TP junction and you feel confident that the correct course of action is to not change the track (even though the situation is equivalent to the first). Your insula also delivers a more extreme response based on physical proximity: if pushing that one person onto the track saves five it strikes people as far more "wrong" than simply flipping a switch.

I know that was a fairly extensive lead up, but it essentially explains why we find these sorts of situations morally problematic. The presence of one Fiend is catastrophic, as was demonstrated at the end of the series. So while the Education Committee comes across as total monsters at first their moral calculus does work out when it comes to sacrificing a few to save many. Also as I mentioned above, personal involvement is big and the series capitalizes on this with the death reflex. People can do things that will kill others, it just requires a step or two in between.

With all this I'm not pretending like I have an answer. Our current societal solution is the concept that people have inalienable "rights." It's has overall worked well as it's developed these last few centuries, and is the basis by which most watchers will judge the actions of the future society in the series. The series doesn't go this far, as the Education Committee makes several significant errors, but if they were a bit more sophisticated with their methods you could see such a society arguing that "rights" only make sense when you're either ignorant or fearful of abuse. Would it still be morally reprehensible if they could identify proto-Fiends and eliminate them before they actually did anything Minority Report style?

Anyway, it grows late and I hope that somebody finds the above discussion enlightening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Maybe she had a rape tragic backstory? I mean, the way she reacted was... so broken. A bit sad.
    I don't think of it as regular "rape" she is mostly upset that the one doing that was the "cursed" haruko and not the real one. She knows that shoko is the one on his mind, and that the only way she can ever be this close to him is by him being driven mad by his nano-curse thing. She likes him, but she didn't want it to be like this.

She is probably in love with him, or wanted to get close to him. Really sad lovestory.

L-Elf is going to fall in love with shoko isn't he?
    I got that feeling about her past LONG ago.
    And also i saw the official english version on Crunchyroll.....Valverave WAS saying sex......Sooo yeah NO question what happened now....Also DAT MUSIC.

Deleted

oh yes tokidan is working on irotoridori no sekai again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Sounds like something she would do... still unprobable though :P
    Unlikely, yes - but a distinct possibility considering her actions up to now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    And also i saw the official english version on Crunchyroll.....Valverave WAS saying sex......Sooo yeah NO question what happened now....Also DAT MUSIC.
    Valvrave was just repeating H, which is internet slang for "ecchi", which can be used to describe anything "lewd"; from an accidental feel to rape in the woods. ;)
    Maybe she had a rape tragic backstory? I mean, the way she reacted was... so broken. A bit sad.
    I don't think of it as regular "rape" she is mostly upset that the one doing that was the "cursed" haruko and not the real one. She knows that shoko is the one on his mind, and that the only way she can ever be this close to him is by him being driven mad by his nano-curse thing. She likes him, but she didn't want it to be like this.

She is probably in love with him, or wanted to get close to him. Really sad lovestory.
    This is very possible as well, considering how she looked at (probably) his picture in a locket two hundred years later.

On the other hand, with how manipulative she was up till now, I would not be surprised if either nothing actually happened and she just arranged the scene to use it to her liking or she let him proceed to use the done deed however she wants (The latter also works well with your backstory idea, with her being "used to it"). Don't forget she knows how to snap him out of his fits - it could be that she simply could not do it from that position, but it could also be that she decided not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Railgun - More glorious fighting! You have no idea how pleased I am that the OP was just JC Staff being JC Staff and wasn't incorporated into the show. Everything so far has pretty much copied the manga 1:1 except for the first episode, half of episode 7, and a few sparse and meaningless scenes. Seeing Touma at the very end was awesome and it'll be nice to see him back into the Railgun story since this is the official point pretty much where Railgun and Index merge. The end of chapter 30 intersects with volume 3 of the Index Light Novel. Railgun itself is now up to chapter 30 in the manga.
    Told ya they would not screw up the story like that. ;P And yeah, the moment Touma and Misaka meet is the exact place where those two stories merge. Touma and Misaka meet a clone; Misaka tells Touma they're twins and learns that the experiments are still going on; Touma gets friendly with the Sister only to stumble upon her mangled body after her turn in the experiments; Touma finds the files regarding the experiment hidden in Misaka's room after Kuroko let him in to wait for her; Touma finds Misaka who decided to commit suicide to try and stop the experiment since redoing calculations would be impossible with Academy City's supercomputer having been shot down by Index back in the start of Index story; Touma beats the Accelerator up; arc done! Should be enough material for 2 or 3 episodes.

Every episode I watch it's making me want to read the LNs more and more to see what'll happen with Misaka and the rest of Railgun's and Index's cast.
    Can't say anything for Railgun LNs as I'm not following them, but Index books are awesome - and what's important, they're finished so the story is not left open. There is a sequel going on, but the first Index story is done.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-06-15 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    Unlikely, yes - but a distinct possibility considering her actions up to now.

On the other hand, with how manipulative she was up till now, I would not be surprised if either nothing actually happened and she just arranged the scene to use it to her liking or she let him proceed to use the done deed however she wants (The latter also works well with your backstory idea, with her being "used to it"). Don't forget she knows how to snap him out of his fits - it could be that she simply could not do it from that position, but it could also be that she decided not to.
    Well yes, I agree that she comes across as a quite manipulative woman.
    An other possibility could've been that she didn't actually mind it, because she actually likes him?
    We'll see from the way she reacts if it was a scheme or not. (i.e. avoiding Haruto or blackmailing him, threatening him).

Valvrave is just so fun to watch 10/10 episode
    [video=youtube;LRXcx5IaQcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LRXcx5IaQcg#![/

ideo]

It looks amazing, can't wait.
    Stop please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely, yes - but a distinct possibility considering her actions up to now.Valvrave was just repeating H, which is internet slang for "ecchi", which can be used to describe anything "lewd"; from an accidental feel to rape in the woods. This is very possible as well, considering how she looked at (probably) his picture in a locket two hundred years later.

Told ya they would not screw up the story like that. ;P And yeah, the moment Touma and Misaka meet is the exact place where those two stories merge. Touma and Misaka meet a clone; Misaka tells Touma they're twins and learns that the experiments are still going on; Touma gets friendly with the Sister only to stumble upon her mangled body after her turn in the experiments; Touma finds the files regarding the experiment hidden in Misaka's room after Kuroko let him in to wait for her; Touma finds Misaka who decided to commit suicide to try and stop the experiment since redoing calculations would be impossible with Academy City's supercomputer having been shot down by Index back in the start of Index story; Touma beats the Accelerator up; arc done! Should be enough material for 2 or 3 episodes.

Can't say anything for Railgun LNs as I'm not following them, but Index books are awesome - and what's important, they're finished so the story is not left open. There is a sequel going on, but the first Index story is done.
    I KNOW what H means i am saying that the OFFICIAL ENGLISH TRANSLATION(you know the one that generally asks the creators) had changed the H itself to sex....In short it is officially her saying sex not lewd.

I get that it may add some stuff if it is what you're thinking but ALOT of evidence indicates it's not. From the music to the way the scene was done(the switching to his love interest and her talking of confessions) to other things....

And yeah i think she may be used to that sort of thing but i can also see her using this situation to get him as well....But understand that i wound up watching the officially subbed version which basically means it's changes are canon.

Deleted
    I KNOW what H means i am saying that the OFFICIAL ENGLISH TRANSLATION(you know the one that generally asks the creators) had changed the H itself to sex....In short it is officially her saying sex not lewd.

I get that it may add some stuff if it is what you're thinking but ALOT of evidence indicates it's not. From the music to the way the scene was done(the switching to his love interest and her talking of confessions) to other things....

And yeah i think she may be used to that sort of thing but i can also see her using this situation to get him as well....But understand that i wound up watching the officially subbed version which basically means it's changes are canon.
    "Official" English translation will not be out till the show gets licensed abroad and some company picks the DVD distribution up. Crunchyroll translations are hardly the final product.

If the scene is intended to fool the audience into thinking the "obvious" happened while in fact it did not, it would obviously be arranged that way - the music, atmosphere and scenography included. What actually happened and how will it affect future developments will stay unclear until more information is provided. All I did was give a possible explanation other than the clear-cut one, no need to get defensive about it.

Also, there are no changes or anything of the sort. Crunchyroll's translation are similar to Commie's in a way, replacing anything not native to the western audience with an equivalent of sorts. "HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" is ambiguous to some degree and very unclear to the majority so it got replaced with what seemed to be the most fitting to the localization crew - "Sex".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Anyway, it grows late and I hope that somebody finds the above discussion enlightening.
    Oh definitely, loved reading it. I'm happy more people are enjoying the show, it's such a great one.

You mean manga? Only a few Side Story LN's in the Index LN series that are part of Railgun.

Deleted
    You mean manga? Only a few Side Story LN's in the Index LN series that are part of Railgun.
    Not sure why I thought Railgun got a spinoff LN series as well as the manga. Brainfart, I say.

I stand by my claim that Index novels are top notch, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Official" English translation will not be out till the show gets licensed abroad and some company picks the DVD distribution up. Crunchyroll translations are hardly the final product.

If the scene is intended to fool the audience into thinking the "obvious" happened while in fact it did not, it would obviously be arranged that way - the music, atmosphere and scenography included. What actually happened and how will it affect future developments will stay unclear until more information is provided. All I did was give a possible explanation other than the clear-cut one, no need to get defensive about it.

Also, there are no changes or anything of the sort. Crunchyroll's translation are similar to Commie's in a way, replacing anything not native to the western audience with an equivalent of sorts. "HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" is ambiguous to some degree and very unclear to the majority so it got replaced with what seemed to be the most fitting to the localization crew - "Sex".
    From what i understand crunchyroll changed how they work several years ago..These days there subs often become the legitimate ones. You need to understand that while it might be fun it really is not likely to be the case.

And ALOT of times i;ve seen various groups replace h with ecchi, sex, lewd, lascivious, dirty and so on..No i think sex was chosen for a reason.

Titans gets better every episode.

The music in the last one around 19 minutes was just amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    OreImo - Why did the bike have to be censored.

Yahari Ore - I can't stop loving MC-kun.

That play was great also.

Deleted
    From what i understand crunchyroll changed how they work several years ago..These days there subs often become the legitimate ones. You need to understand that while it might be fun it really is not likely to be the case.

And ALOT of times i;ve seen various groups replace h with ecchi, sex, lewd, lascivious, dirty and so on..No i think sex was chosen for a reason.
    Even if Crunchyroll subs do get used in the western DVD release - which can only happen when they themselves distribute the show or sell the translation, by the way - it does not make that any more meaningful. A translator does not sit in the same room as the author asking for explanations to every line with them. In fact, that kind of consultation pretty much never happens outside of the most exotic and weird expressions the localization team just can not decipher on their own... And "H" most certainly is not amongst those.

There is no deep meaning to "H!HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" being subbed as "sex", really. It was chosen because they believed it fit the situation best.

Also, you need to understand: all I am doing is stating possibility other than the most obvious explanation and providing argumentation as to why is not unthinkable. Yeah, rather unlikely - but there's more than enough ground for such assumption. There is also a mountain of strong and viable arguments against it, but Crunchyroll's choice of words in translation(They are rather notorious for less than impressive quality, too) is not amongst those.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-06-15 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    There is no deep meaning to "H!HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" being subbed as "sex", really. It was chosen because they believed it fit the situation best.
    Are we really going to continue discussing if "HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" means "sex" or not?
    Seems like a rather silly discussion ^^

OreImo - Why did the bike have to be censored.

Yahari Ore - I can't stop loving MC-kun.

That play was great also.
    Bikes confirmed too lewd.