Thread: BG Commentary

Deleted

BG Commentary

So me and a friend thought out this idea that we should make commentaries on bg gameplay in Cata.

And I want to know what all of you think about this. Really I think it could work. I mean like all these Call Of Duty and Halo commentaries on Youtube. And start a whole new concept on Warcraftmovies.com and Youtube. Would be really great.

I would actually like that very much, i like the sc2 commentaries quite a lot.

How exactly would this work? ;0

15+ Year Old Account
    I cant see it happening. When I see them try to commentary on live tourny matches, it drives me nuts, but than again I enjoy the match itself.

That could be interesting, depending on the commentator, but how would that work? It would be nice if there was a "camera mode" in rated BGs...

Deleted
    You mean - live commentary? Or, recieve some bg videos from guilds/pvp groups and comment it later -> upload on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by moscapt View Post
    I would actually like that very much, i like the sc2 commentaries quite a lot.
    Definatly, I'm loving sc2 casts. It's a different game but if you can make it work you would definitely be entering the ever growing industry of e-sports. Good luck!

i actually like watching sc2 commentaries more than play the game ^^

I dont think it would be that hard to add commentary/observer spots!
    (like 50 slots in a BG where only 20 people are playing, where every1 is in Free Camera mode)
    But, it should be monitored very closely it can very well be abused to help 1 team reach high BG rating. Watching every enemys movement is an advantage for sure.

What I think could be cool was a way to record a whole BG and then play it over and over again with a FreeCamera. Basicly a Visual combatlog, if u get what i mean.

Deleted
    Forget about the free spectator mode or replays in wow, this is something i dreamt about since mid tbc area ; won't happen soon.

They have something similar for official comps, but on regular servers it will just overload their bandwith without bringing any new money.

Watching wow arena or bgs in a player's window is boring as hell, unless you want to learn some tricks about the class featured.

Those videos are pretty rare (except for official comps), because the player need to record them in realtime ; to keep your fps you must have a real strong computer, especially if the fight is long.

No replays got a huge impact on esport community + the fact that (in wow) unless you knows really well classes involved in a fight, you don't really understand or see where the magic / skill is.

no more wow @ MLG? yes sad.
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/309...ore_WoW_at_MLG

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by keule View Post
    i actually like watching sc2 commentaries more than play the game ^^
    yes i love that too, i'm a huge fan,
    it's really entertaining and you learn a lot from people who are 10x better than you.

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thoelle View Post
    I dont think it would be that hard to add commentary/observer spots!
    As a coder you knows that features not planned from the start on a software brings a lot of bugs, and is hard to add later (confirmed on the ptr)

On Heroes of Newerth, there is a similar feature which is awesome. Every game played on their server is recorded and you can replay them by entering the reference of the game.

it's really awesome to see top brackets fights, and you have a lot of those fight reencoded for youtube w/ commentaries.

On starcraft2, you can do this kind of replay (+ spectator mode), you just need someone who was on the game to send you the file which was recorded automatically on their computer (was like that in the beta, may have changed a bit).
    Last edited by mmoc3142c27852; 2010-11-15 at 10:45 AM.

I think that a lot of people would watch/listen to the commentation of the battleground fights. However, obtaining the video footage live would be something you would have to work on getting. I think I would listen to these while at work if there was a good enough commentator doing them.

I would totally love rated BG commentary, the only problem is you can't get footage of games sent to you like in Halo or Starcraft. If blizzard made in game filming and sharing an option, along with many camera options to film from (sky cams, camera next to a certain player) they like do in tournament arena games, holy shit i would start making commentaries with my friends ASAP.

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.