Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    not even that :P

i don't think this is a bug as i believe it's to do with cata guilde achievement to increase flight speed when you are dead by 100%

yup 4.03 today downloading another 700+ mb of data o_0

Quote Originally Posted by MMONew View Post
    yes the login screen will be in PATCH 4.0.3 and here is the SOURCE:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ding-cataclysm

Well I just downloaded all the new patch content (bug fixes and what not) and the login screen is still the same. Unless there will be something else to download before servers come up....

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tizdale View Post
    I don't think Blizzard cares much about thanksgiving though. It's only celebrated in the US. And nowhere else on the planet.

I still bet on the 23rd.
    That's not true. Canada Celebrates a thanksgiving as well. But theirs is in October. But still...not the only place on the planet.

When in a Looking For Dungeon group, using an instance portal to that instance will now take players to the Looking For Dungeon entrance point instead of the normal destination of that portal. This will make it easier to return to the instance after dying in an LFD group.
    Anyone care to explain this? I'm reading it as...if I queue for Nexus and run into Nexus' physical portal...I end up in Nexus. Which sounds stupid.

e: Oh by " using an instance portal" does it mean the Green eye?

considering that most of them(especially the ones in the main home office, which we know is the only one that matters when deciding these things) work in the US and have US families, i'd bet they care about thanksgiving. I hope you don't have a holiday on the 30th that we don't know about over here ;P

Guess the new login screen and cinematic are among those hidden "preparations" that are going to get turned on with the shattering. Well, shukz, but kind of makes sense.. Watching deathwing free on top of destroyed stormwind before those events have actually happened would be awkward.. Even though i myself as all the other players am eternally bored but i admit it'd be a bad move to put new login screen now.

ps: would love confirmation that this "cinematic" is exactly the same as they shown at blizzcon.. since it's now in game data yuo can actually extract and watch it

4.0.3 patchnotes

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Blizzard is an American game designer, and yet 4.0.3 patch notes are not available on the US website, not even on the US PTR patch note list. Yet there ARE 4.0.3 patch notes posted on the European site... I mean, I'm used to getting information second hand (via translated reports) and/or later than the rest of the world when it comes to overseas companies, is it unreasonable to expect the most current information on a US game to be available on the US website?

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Anyone care to explain this? I'm reading it as...if I queue for Nexus and run into Nexus' physical portal...I end up in Nexus. Which sounds stupid.

I wonder if they mean, for example, when fighting these Pre-Cata 5-man bosses in ZF, Mara, BRD, and AQ20 that when you die and run back to the portal that you will be zapped to that boss room instead of the regular first room of the instance. Right now in order to achieve that behavior you have to run back, go in the portal, exit the portal, and click on "Teleport to Dungeon" on the minimap to go back to the boss room.

In other words, i think they want to make manually entering the instance portal the same as clicking on the "Teleport to Instance" minimap icon button.
    Last edited by bloodwine77; 2010-11-16 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizdale View Post
    I don't think Blizzard cares much about thanksgiving though. It's only celebrated in the US. And nowhere else on the planet.

I still bet on the 23rd.
    And Blizzard is a US based company with the vast majority of their personnel in the US. And they delayed ICC's release for precisely this reason. Look for 4.03a in two weeks. I'm not going to promise to run naked through Paris if I'm wrong (for one thing I can't afford the plane ticket); but I really doubt they'll release possibly the biggest patch in their history two days before a major (in the US) holiday.

BTW people guessing about shattering launch and thanksgiving.. It doesnt have to be tied with patch day you know.. That's why all the necessary data is being downloaded now. They can turn it on instantly, like elemental invasion event, without even restarting the server..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myrlian View Post
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Blizzard is an American game designer, and yet 4.0.3 patch notes are not available on the US website, not even on the US PTR patch note list. Yet there ARE 4.0.3 patch notes posted on the European site... I mean, I'm used to getting information second hand (via translated reports) and/or later than the rest of the world when it comes to overseas companies, is it unreasonable to expect the most current information on a US game to be available on the US website?

The EU will cry if they dont get stuff first or atleast at the same time, so you can't please anyone. take it or leave it, thats how it is
    Warrior For Life

Quote Originally Posted by Deos View Post
    BTW people guessing about shattering launch and thanksgiving.. It doesnt have to be tied with patch day you know.. That's why all the necessary data is being downloaded now. They can turn it on instantly, like elemental invasion event, without even restarting the server..
    I'm not sure, elemental invasion just seems like some advanced use of phasing. I'd guess completely deleting the old world and putting in the new one would at least require a restart!

I'm not sure, elemental invasion just seems like some advanced use of phasing. I'd guess completely deleting the old world and putting in the new one would at least require a restart!
    How awesome would it be to phase in the shattering without a restart? You're just running around a zone and the land starts to crack, Desolace starts to flood, part of Stormwind blows up, etc.

I know it'd never happen, but it'd make for one heck of a day if online players could see the gradual destruction and restructuring of the world in real-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deos View Post

Blizzard has already stated that 4.03a will bring the shattering, it will be a patch day, it will be a tuesday.

I just had this image of running through the Barrens or 1K Needles and suddenly the ground just disappears or you're under 50 ft of water as they "phase" the world changes in :-) I'm certain a restart of the servers will be required if only to prevent that

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    And Blizzard is a US based company with the vast majority of their personnel in the US. And they delayed ICC's release for precisely this reason. Look for 4.03a in two weeks. I'm not going to promise to run naked through Paris if I'm wrong (for one thing I can't afford the plane ticket); but I really doubt they'll release possibly the biggest patch in their history two days before a major (in the US) holiday.
    They delayed ICC gating for X-mas and you know its not only Americans that celebrate the event.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Didn't they already say it would be a week before Cataclysm, ie. the 30th?
    As far as I have seen there has been no definitive word. I've seen "a short time before Cataclysm" and "one or two weeks before Cataclysm", I haven't seen "one week before Cataclysm".

reading patch notes seems to be really hard as demonstrated by the comments.

Do you remember Maraudon? It has 3 "wings", fnd by corpse-running you usually end up in an unwanted place.
    Last edited by artyfarty; 2010-11-16 at 04:17 PM. Reason: quote

wow . they still didn't fix any of the big bugs like hangar in ioc or the gy bug