10+ Year Old Account

So people say Rogue's are fine at 85

So... tell me do you think this is high?

Sub - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Km9...watch_response

Assa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPDS06qCDGU

Com - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdLo...eature=related

Do you think this is high??, this may be a bit old + he may not be the best rogue, but meh i even do more at lvl 80 :/

I can't watch the videos, but if I remember correctly most people I saw on 10 man raids were doing something like 14000 dps in the base 346 premades, and as far as I'm concerned that's fine seeing as at level 80 you had a 30% buff and ridiculously inflated stats to the point that certain classes could drop abilities from their rotations.

I'll edit this once I watch the videos, because I'm probably blabbering about something that was nothing to do with the vidyas.

Edit : He was doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Xleetskeetx; 2010-11-16 at 03:09 PM.
    I accidentally my signature

That rogue is terrible.

Deleted
    So youre assuming some random dude with propably some questgreens or max couple dungeon blues represent the level of dps rogues offer at 85? He's not even bloody expertise capped as a starter and hes rotationroutines are imo a bit clunky too, so Id just pass these vids and continue on...

Deleted
    What #3 and #4 said...

You base your assumptions on 1 mediocre rogue... Not much to say...

rogues will hopefully be able to specc balance

you should turn this into a poll

From what i hear, level 80 dps values are fairly close to starting out heroic blues/epics dps values.

I love the people talking about how he's not expertise capped and not this or that. As if it's easy to do these things in early blues and heroic gear...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really confused by these arguments... Rogues are not horrible at 80. Maybe in some elite guilds where everyone knows how to max everything, Rogues may be coming up short. My guild finished up ICC last night, and I finished up top dps on LK with 10k dps, followed by another Rogue doing 9.5k. DPS isn't everything also, main problem I see with most Rogues is they don't know how to keep their aggro under control and stay alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    The fact he didn't take the rupture talent because it's "Too hard to keep up" seems iffy to me... That will be the sign of a good Subtlety Rogue against an average / bad subtlety rogue. His reasoning sounds fine, but poor damage is still more damage. Rupture hits, on average, for higher than Eviscerate... I honestly could see his DPS go up by at least 1k, at least. My current DPS is higher on live as Sub on a target dummy, but that could be due to stat inflation... Honestly, I can see good rogues pulling at least 7k DPS on the target dummy as Sub.

The thing with these videos is: He is playing every class in the Beta. Some, he will be naturally better at. Some he will be quite poor with. I don't believe he is the best rogue in the world, by far. All he's doing is giving you a basic run down of the class mechanics.

Essentially, don't take his words or DPS for gospel. Knowing the mechanics doesn't meant you're utilizing them to the best of your ability. Give it time, and i'm sure you will see considerably higher Target Dummy DPS (Which is lol anyway).

Finally, again, it's target dummy DPS. Rogues have ALWAYS performed poor on target dummy's compared to other classes. Why? Buff reliance. We seem to gain more DPS per melee buff than many other classes, which is why we also scale well with gear.

TL;DR - Don't take his DPS for what it WILL be like. Target dummy is lol.

Methias

Deleted
    Videos don't mean anything , parses do , and lvl 85 rogues are still pretty fuck*d up.

that rogue was doing everything wrong, in sub u dont use instant poison and he caused to many CDs to clash
    You be trollin', no we be goblin

He hasn't specced into Serrated Blades because "Rupture damage is bad", this guy is clueless. On Paragon's Nefarion kill, 2nd and 3rd place were rogues iirc. It's not as bad as people claim.
    He doesn't have the expertise cap.
    He doesn't have the hit cap.
    He doesn't have the right glyphs.
    He doesn't do the right rotation.
    He doesn't use the right poisons (He has double instant, for gods sake).

I think it's safe to assume that it's him that'd bad, not Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    I am really confused by these arguments... Rogues are not horrible at 80. Maybe in some elite guilds where everyone knows how to max everything, Rogues may be coming up short. My guild finished up ICC last night, and I finished up top dps on LK with 10k dps, followed by another Rogue doing 9.5k. DPS isn't everything also, main problem I see with most Rogues is they don't know how to keep their aggro under control and stay alive.
    If you were and your rogue buddy were leading with 10k/9.5k dps, something is very wrong with your party.

Yeah, don't follow anything that guy said.
    Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    If you were and your rogue buddy were leading with 10k/9.5k dps, something is very wrong with your party.
    pretty much, last time I was in ICC I was doing 14.7k dps. And I stopped raiding icc months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    Yeah because using Tricks of the trade on the tank, and even vanishing is pretty hard to drop aggro. It's crazy.
    Last edited by Protips; 2010-11-16 at 05:19 PM.

Yep, bad rogue with bad choices in pretty much everything.

85 Rogue DPS is fine. Not particularly 'wowing' but it's in a good spot for now.