Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thrall's fate beyond Cataclysm.

After the Cataclysm story has ended and Deathwing has been defeated, and Azeroth is safe for awhile... What will happen to Thrall?

Will he take back his place as Warchief of the Horde? (Boring)

Will he stay with the Earthen Ring? (Boring)

Or will he die in a blaze of glory fighting Deathwing resulting in one of the most epic Warcraft-lore deaths to date.. ( =/ )

Deleted
    He will drink demon blood and doom the horde, garrosh will bravely safe the horde from going back to the old ways

Quote Originally Posted by jcg View Post
    He will drink demon blood and doom the horde, garrosh will bravely safe the horde from going back to the old ways

what he said.

Ok, I'll bite. Why on earth would a return to being Warchief be boring, when you know exactly nothing about what they would specifically do lore-wise and how that would translate in-game. Same goes for staying with the Earthen Ring.

For what it's worth, my gut feeling is that he'll be reinstated, but not without a lot of drama, room for player interactions in a questchain perhaps.

he wont be coming back to the horde as warchief and will be a farseer one of my theories to this would be..

if you go to part3 of the elemental invasion he goes to nagrand to talk with the other shamans and they told him that he couldnt be warcheif and shaman forever and that he'll have to make a decision and looking in the beta files
    thrall was wearing shaman stuff instead of his doomarmor set, and that he might of already made his decision apparently in cataclysm to be a shaman just because he's not wearing his doom armor set, but he's still makeing a decision currently in pre-cata.

But going back to warchief, he'll be supplied with Vol'Jin's ganje once again!

Thrall will probably die killing Deathwing, my guess anyway
    Cake!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlzpstGearscore View Post
    he wont be coming back to the horde as warchief and will be a farseer one of my theories to this would be..

if you go to part3 of the elemental invasion he goes to nagrand to talk with the other shamans and they told him that he couldnt be warcheif and shaman forever and that he'll have to make a decision and looking in the beta files
    /agree

Quote Originally Posted by PlzpstGearscore View Post

thrall was wearing shaman stuff instead of his doomarmor set, and that he might of already made his decision apparently in cataclysm to be a shaman just because he's not wearing his doom armor set, but he's still makeing a decision currently in pre-cata.
    OR, alternatively, read the explanation of his choice in "The Shattering". It describes that event at the Throne of the Elements, and more.

How was The Shattering by the way? I've been meaning to pick it up... Just finished Stormrage.. I like Christie Golden's work better, Arthas was good..

He'll have had babies with his butch girlfriend by that point, and will be too busy changing diapers to do much of anything.

Metzen pretty much said at Blizzcon this year that Thrall would be the new Earth Aspect.

/shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamwell View Post
    How was The Shattering by the way? I've been meaning to pick it up... Just finished Stormrage.. I like Christie Golden's work better, Arthas was good..
    "Stormrage" is only decent for use as toilet paper.

"The Shattering" is in a league of its own. But really, it is pretty decent. It shows the major political and social issues following the defeat of the Lich King, up till Deathwing bursting into Azeroth.

Also, Thrall gets a girlfriend.

Tbh massive world pvp again, no more sanctuaries, gone back to the old days of raiding the cities with 400+ people since thrall/wyrnn will have like 100 trillion health!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    Metzen pretty much said at Blizzcon this year that Thrall would be the new Earth Aspect.

/shrug
    Indeed he did, I forgot. Seems to be the answer, it'd be very interesting to see how this pans out.

He'll end up like most Warcraft heroes by going insane and becoming a raid boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is the epic weapon in Uldum turns Thrall into an aspect, granting him a dragon form (maybe that's over doing it?). But, signs point to him taking Deathwings place.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

It was hinted at Blizzcon that Thrall will become the next Earthen Aspect, seeing as Deathwing will be defeated, and there needs to be an aspect, just as Kalecgos will be the new Magic aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewymac View Post
    It was hinted at Blizzcon that Thrall will become the next Earthen Aspect, seeing as Deathwing will be defeated, and there needs to be an aspect, just as Kalecgos will be the new Magic aspect.
    This, finally someone who can put 2 and 2 together

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    My guess is the epic weapon in Uldum turns Thrall into an aspect, granting him a dragon form (maybe that's over doing it?). But, signs point to him taking Deathwings place.
    I heard rumors that he will train the untainted black dragon egg that is from a badlands quest in CATA. That seems like the most plausible answer.