Thread: DirectX 11

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldbugga View Post
    Keep in mind there is a display bug that affects water when you adjust the size of the display (ie using skinner etc). The only DX11 cards that will benefit from the cgf change are the AMD 5xxx and above or some of the Nvidia cards which are series gtx 4xx and above. Some of the earlier AMD cards do support simpler tessellation so they might get some benefit there (don't know for sure but it will not be full DX11 stuff). If the DX11 parameter inserted in the cfg file the system will automatically revert to DX9 if no DX11 card is present. It DOES make a diff with DX11 cards both in image quality and frame rates.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 02:39 PM ----------

rapret...did you edit the cfg file as "administrator".....it wont save changes otherwise?
    Can you clarify the "better" image quality?

WARNING: Doing this on a computer that does not have a GPU that is an actual DX11 card can, and will, cause your water to disappear completely.
    ATM, Dx11 does you no harm as long as you dont set multisample higher than 1x regardless of your videocard. Mine is a 460 but still encounter that weird bug.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2010-11-19 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    After the update 4.03 the FPS seems to be higher then i have ever seen before. After altering the config-file i have now got 75fps with 87fps* tops. I got a Nvidia 450GTS. I was wondering if Blizzard changed something in the settings for using GPU more then CPU.

*edit Normally i got about 40-55fps

Quote Originally Posted by rav1410 View Post
    dunno i keep getting frames drop when i use the directx 11 , anyone ?

my gpu is ati 4870 1 gb
    4870 is dx10 card not dx11 that may explain the issue.

ati 5xxx/6xxx series and nvidia 4xx/5xx are dx11 .