10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.

Yes, another DK wartools, sue me.

http://www.war-tools.com/t71175.html

Mostly posting this cause A. New wartools page with a few changes to my last build, and B. the last thread I made for this I got chased out by 2-3 other guys who decided to update theirs regularly when I was only asking for some criticism on mine. :P

Anyway, leaving this for discussion for the next few hours while I get some sleep.

Feel free to rate or comment. Drop a concern or suggestion here, or in the comments on the tree.

So far for specs, intention is roughly:
    Unholy: 2/5/31 (3 points for Utility)
    Frost: 2/31/6 (2 points for Utility)
    Blood: 33/0/6 (2 points for Utility)

EDIT: New Wartools, http://www.war-tools.com/t71241.html has been launched.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2010-11-21 at 09:14 PM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Deleted
    Unholy spec looks quite good PvE wise, however "Icy Tomb" is way too powerful. Basicly if opponent doesn't have PvP trinket ready, you can CC him @ 50 % for 20 seconds and kill him during that time without him being able to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
    Unholy spec looks quite good PvE wise, however "Icy Tomb" is way too powerful. Basicly if opponent doesn't have PvP trinket ready, you can CC him @ 50 % for 20 seconds and kill him during that time without him being able to do anything.
    Standard CC time in PvP is normalized to 10 secs for all CCs so this talent ,in PvP, would only provide a means of a *weak stun* which might be in line in frost pvp.

Also, if you want the plague eruption to be corner stone for Unholy only then you should place it higher in the tree or remove the frost component other wise it will be powerful for frost builds too.
    Last edited by Ubhor; 2010-11-13 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfed Icy Tomb heavily, now absorbs 50% of your attack power and only works for Frost damage. (I have 6k attack power, 9k with procs, and 32k HP. Makes quite a difference when you run those numbers.)
    Nerfed Plague Eruption to only crit on Shadow damage. Still works for Unholy though. As for leaving in the Frost damage, that's kinda intended: Otherwise when you try to subspec into Unholy as Frost, your only other choice is Unholy Command. But they'll only invest 2 points into the talent so it doesn't matter much.
    Anything else?
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2010-11-13 at 06:07 PM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Split Plague Eruption, then, into two talents. The first giving Frost/Unholy the first effect, and then a second linked one point talent that only Unholy can make use of, and then link the Pestilence effect off of that.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-11-14 at 02:39 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Split Plague Eruption, then, into two talents. The first giving Frost/Unholy the first effect, and then a second linked one point talent that only Unholy can make use of, and then link the Pestilence effect off of that.
    Done and done.
    Tried to post this earlier but it kept telling me to reload the page. <.<
    Weird bugs I guess...

Deleted
    To be honest i am impressed i totally love the Blood Beast talent!

A lot of your talents are just out and out far too powerful. Blood Beasts healing everyone in 10 yards for 2% max every time it does damage? You do know why GoRT was nerfed right?

Fun ideas, but far too powerful.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    A lot of your talents are just out and out far too powerful. Blood Beasts healing everyone in 10 yards for 2% max every time it does damage? You do know why GoRT was nerfed right?

Fun ideas, but far too powerful.
    Nerfed Blood Beast then. Anything else I can do for you today? Would you like fries with that? -.-
    Wait a minute, the difference between Rune Tap and the Blood Beast is that Blood Beast is on a 3 minute CD. So... no further nerfing required.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2010-11-18 at 02:43 AM.

Judging by your response, I don't think you understand the utility GoRT added to raids where mana matters.

Unless each attack hit for 40-50% less than live, you've turned all three specs into unstoppable single target and aoe powerhouses.
    Last edited by Foibles; 2010-11-18 at 04:48 AM.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by your response, I don't think you understand the utility GoRT added to raids where mana matters.

Unless each attack hit for 40-50% less than live, you've turned all three specs into unstoppable single target and aoe powerhouses.
    ...Why are we comparing my replacement for Bloodworms to Rune Tap again?

The intentions were to remove the need to spec into underwhelming or boring talents (typically by combining or outright removing them).
    The new talents were to fill in gaps... and to possibly give away new, interesting toys, and kill two (or even three) birds with one stone by solving other problems with each tree (including Runic Empowerment, Virulence, Frost's GCD-capping, many complaints about Hungering Cold, Blightcaller, etc.).

One of these removed talents was Bladed Armor ...While it's not the intention to say that 50% of our damage died, it does justify a portion of the tweaking. Maybe ~10% of the tweaks. Prolly not the exact numbers (I'm not that hardcore a theorycrafter), but still not much, I know.
    Another was that Masteries were changed to have a less passive effect, so they don't have a 100% uptime- you have to actually build up to the major damage.

Now for 'unstoppable DPS powerhouses', I would assume you're referring to Annihilation and Frozen Flurry in the Frost tree, and Plague Eruption and the reformed Unholy Blight and Gargoyle in the Unholy tree?

Annihilation was partially incentive for Frost to use Blood Strike (because there wasn't enough already <.< but then again, all the support Festering Strike and Death Strike get in the other two...) and partially the fulfillment of an idea the devs themselves came up with (Howling Blast dealing ~triple damage on targets affected by Hungering Cold).
    Frozen Flurry was the attempt to make Frost Strike more interesting, reduce Frost's GCD swelling, and tame Runic Empowerment.
    Plague Eruption has the potential to be a powerful tool... especially with Unholy. But you have to remember, Unholy's the disease-based spec. It was very disappointing for the Unholy community when it was learned that diseases would not, in the end, be affected by haste (apparently they're a melee DoT... which explains why any sort of magic-negation will stop it when it doesn't stop Rend and similar abilities). Plus, it creates a stepping stone to...
    Unholy Blight and Gargoyle, changed to add more flavor. They're just very bland at the moment, really, and possess minimal connection to the other cornerstones of the Unholy tree. Take Gargoyle: Yes, it's a pet. Do any other talents affect it? No. Take Unholy Blight's new ability to perform pseudo-crits... what else does UB do in a PvE situation? It's a DoT, a rather underwhelming one at that, and one of the few DoTs basically left unable to crit. Does anything else in the tree effect it? Not really. Diseases are supposed to be one of the main focuses, but they're really only used by a talent and the mastery (which again, only works on two abilities in the original incarnation)- they don't provide any real synergy. You know what I mean? So I... may have returned an aspect of Wandering Plague to Unholy Blight- nerfed, of course, with the intention of only affecting Diseased targets (meaning that you need to already be AoEing for any AoE damage to go out)- and Gargoyle's damage scaling just a little with diseases, creating a full circle connection between shadow damage, DoTs, and pets.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2010-11-20 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But just to put your fears at ease, I separated the crit effect from Unholy Blight into another talent and nerfed Sudden Doom slightly to compensate.

Deleted
    Less chill on frost, you are dk not mage, you wear plate ERGO resist, mage wears cloth less resistense to mele dmg
    How you determiante the health of the bloodbeast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Less chill on frost, you are dk not mage, you wear plate ERGO resist, mage wears cloth less resistense to mele dmg
    How you determiante the health of the bloodbeast?
    Prolly the same way you determine the health of a Risen Ghoul...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw... would anyone happen to know of any character traits that start with a hard K sound that would be fitting of Koltira? Currently I'm improvising with "Cruelty of Koltira"... I'm sure the fans won't notice if they have the same first consonant sound...

Chaos, Cunning, Cruelty, Corruption (maybe), Continence, Courage, Chill

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaos, Cunning, Cruelty, Corruption (maybe), Continence, Courage, Chill
    Was kinda lookin' for something that started with K, but thanks for the suggestions...
    Chill doesn't really count as a hard K sound anyway...

---------- Post added 2010-11-21 at 11:02 AM ----------

Changed Frozen Flurry, since I received complaints that it was refunding full Obliterates (though I can't see why people would complain about that, but w/e).
    Although to be fair, it was too much like Blood Power.
    So now it refunds single Death runes. Thankfully Obliterate's more powerful than Howling Blast and this can't be taken the wrong way... <.< >.>

---------- Post added 2010-11-21 at 01:09 PM ----------

Actually, you know what? I think I'll just make a new wartools with recent updates.
    Consider it archiving the old ones.
    http://www.war-tools.com/t71241.html is the link.

---------- Post added 2010-11-21 at 01:47 PM ----------

Any ideas for Guile of Gorefiend? I'm experimenting with the idea of having it summon ghosts like in the actual Gorefiend fight.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2010-11-21 at 09:13 PM.