Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tranquilizing shot macros

ey guys anyone know a Tranquilizing shot macros that only shot when the target has an enrage? I will like to use it in LK H and pre spam the hability but whitout a macros this is not possible because you can shot the TS anyways if the target has not an enrage

It's not possible for macros to check for presence of buffs or debuffs.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm my DXE has a timer for the enrage...
    I use a simple mouseover macro for that.
    Maybe you could use power auras to check if there is a enrage to be dispelled...
    This changes were made btw to deny this dispel spam ;-) dispell smart is the new mainsentence.
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

What you could do is, see when the mob gets bigger and big sign on your screen comes up and says "ENRAGE". Then just fire a Tranq shot.

Just throwing it out there, might work.
    Owning horrid India customer service since 1989. DELL - PAYPAL - EA

Quote Originally Posted by CrenVerdis View Post
    hmm my DXE has a timer for the enrage...
    I use a simple mouseover macro for that.
    Maybe you could use power auras to check if there is a enrage to be dispelled...
    This changes were made btw to deny this dispel spam ;-) dispell smart is the new mainsentence.
    What if you TS hits ghoul or other random target :> ?

#showtooltip Tranquilizing Shot
    /cast !auto shot
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm,nodead] Tranquilizing Shot; Tranquilizing Shot
    END

That's what I use but I also focus the Shambling Horror.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shushe View Post
    hmm quite big and easy to point at if you ask me... they do their roar and go red. so it's quite easy to see even without a mod shouting in your face. ;-) ghouls and "random targets" were never my problem tbh. i must admit i bound everything to a key and all i do is point turn and occasionally run with my mouse and im quite used to mouseover macros since they removed the target=totem macro option ^^
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

Quote Originally Posted by Shushe View Post
    Afaik Tranq wont go off unless there is mob that can be tranqued. I have used a moseover for this all the time, it's a bit clunky as I run with my mouse and then have to move my pointer over the enraged Shambling, but it works.

Going to have to just be observant. While I firmly believe that the cost of 35 focus is way too high, that doesn't change the fact that the dispell mechanic in Cataclysm has been changed so you can use a dispell even when there is nothing to dispell, thus punishing you for using it incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    Tell the druids to soothe.
    Indeed, just get someone else to do it. We've got to concentrate enough just to keep up on dps.
    Owning horrid India customer service since 1989. DELL - PAYPAL - EA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    /cast !auto shot
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm,nodead] Tranquilizing Shot; Tranquilizing Shot
    END

That's what I use but I also focus the Shambling Horror.
    That's exactly what mine looks like!

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    Tell the druids to soothe.
    I wish we could do that but during the first few attempts of the patch we tried to have the druids soothe and the OT died pretty quickly so we went back to hunters =/
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    I use 2 macros. The 1st one does the tranqing (i.e cause the shambling is my focus) - there are 2 hunters so we each focus a different add

/cast [target=focus] Tranquilizing Shot
    /targetlasttarget

This is a mouseover macro to set focus
    /focus [@mouseover,harm] [harm]

I also use a power aura that turns my screen red whenever my focus has the "enrage" buff"

It may have been a little clunky, but...

DBM provided me with the enrage CD timers and i just kept mob health bars up and when the Shambling Horrors would go enrage I was always ready to tranq the mob and then get right back onto LK. Generally with only 2 up at once it was easy to remember which Horror would go enrage next.

As for getting someone else to do it...I believe it was easier for the Hunters to do it than anyone else, and I never worried about being tp DPS for P1, even from 12th or 13th place on the meter going into the 1st transition I was top 3 by the time we were halfway through P2.

We may be a pure DPS class, but get ready to do a LOT of utility work in Cata.

Little late to the party but...

The mouseover macro is great because if you accidentally hit something else it doesn't matter; Tranq shot won't fire on targets that aren't Enraged (or that don't have magic buffs, which the Ghouls/Shambling Horrors don't have). Also, DBM will yell at you when a Horror enrages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Little late to the party but...

The mouseover macro is great because if you accidentally hit something else it doesn't matter; Tranq shot won't fire on targets that aren't Enraged (or that don't have magic buffs, which the Ghouls/Shambling Horrors don't have). Also, DBM will yell at you when a Horror enrages.
    You might want to read the offensive dispell changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip tranquilizing shot
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists][target=focus, harm, exists][target=target, harm] tranquilizing shot

I try to leave the damage out because sometimes threat gets close on what I'm tranq-shotting and I'd rather not hope the shambling doesn't shockwave the ranged pile just because my feign was on cooldown. In addition, I aim for the nameplates when possible just to be sure and a quick target swap isn't horrid if you're adept at using shift-tab.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Tranquilizing Shot

This to me is all that is needed, casting tranq shot on a target that is not enraged i find very hard to do, even during bane, especially when it comes to shambling's who are twice the size of ghouls. I aim for the head/shoulders and just BOOM HEADSHOT! un-enraged.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use this macro:

/cast [target=Shambling Horror] Tranquilizing Shot

This macro works the best of all them IMO. It doesn't require you to change targets or focus the Horror. It will always cast it on the Horror and nothing else. The only problem however is when there are multiple Horrors up, but yeah.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    I use this macro:

/cast [target=Shambling Horror] Tranquilizing Shot

This macro works the best of all them IMO. It doesn't require you to change targets or focus the Horror. It will always cast it on the Horror and nothing else. The only problem however is when there are multiple Horrors up, but yeah.
    Post 4.0.1 This will tranq the shambling even if it isn't enranged.... What if there are 2 shamblings up? Do you use a power aura to tell you when the shambling is enraged?