Thread: Legendaries

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Legendaries

" Are there any plans to add a legendary dps dagger?
    Not really. We don't make legendaries often, so we try to make them useful for a lot more people. We decided on a staff yesterday by the way. "

So again another patch without legendary weapons for rogues ?

Legendary dagger is a bad idea because it would force rogues into either assassination or subtlety, and it would be one legendary for one class which they said they don't want. Sure a legendary sword/axe/mace/fist would force us into combat, but it would be viable for shamans and warriors and death knights as well, depending on the weapon class.

It would be like designing a legendary agility staff, except that even that would be more useful than a legendary dagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Rogues are so weapon dependant. A legendary rogues can use will force them to be whatever spec uses that weapon. So far it has pretty much been combat, since TF and the Warglaives are swords.

A legendary dagger, would really only be usable by rogues, and blizzard have said that they would not make a legendary for only one class.

So if a legendary that a rogue can use shows up, chances are it's gonna be a sword, axe or mace.

Vanilla had 2(3) legendaries
    BC had 2(3) Legendaries
    WOTLK had 2 legendaries

First cataclysm one is a staff for casters, still a chance for you rogues. Course you will be rolling against Enhance shamans, Frost DKs (DW) and Fury warriors (SMF).
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Thing is I agree with the legendary dagger and blizz against it. But we will have smth cuz every patch warriors had legedanry weapons, healers also ( paladin first time in wotlk if I recall corectly ). And the dks had their first legendary in their first patch .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djspw View Post
    Thing is I agree with the legendary dagger and blizz against it. But we will have smth cuz every patch warriors had legedanry weapons, healers also ( paladin first time in wotlk if I recall corectly ). And the dks had their first legendary in their first patch .
    Rogues had their legendary in BC and it was class restricted to them and warriors. Thunderfury is another one which rogues could use. And while Thori'dal wasn't designed for rogues, if you were around at the time you'll remember the fuss about it when a guild gave it to their rogue over all the hunters. Thats three legendaries you were able to use, two of which were incredibly good for you. You got nothing in wrath, but hey look at casters. They haven't had anything since vanilla (we're talking caster dps, not healers) and even then that one got removed. It's the casters time again and you rogues should just wait.
    Oh and as others said, no class other than rogues use daggers. And blizz won't design a legendary that will be used by one Class. (No i'm not saying rogues are the only class which can use daggers. I'm saying their the only melee class that uses melee daggers because the other classes do better with other (slower) weapons.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2010-10-24 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Bad spelling

More than likely it'll just be a sword. The thing about daggers is that they're small by design, and thus not visible enough to be displayed very well, added to that the fact that only subtlety and assassination rogues can use it, and you'll get a legendary that will probably never happen. If we do get a legendary this expansion, it'll be for combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Vanilla had 2(3) legendaries
    Sulfuras
    Thunderfury
    Atiesh
    Black Qiraji BT
    Talisman of Binding Shard

-thats 5 permanent vanilla legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Dwane View Post
    Sulfuras
    Thunderfury
    Atiesh
    Black Qiraji BT

True to some point, but I think this tread was focused on weapons.
    Talisman of binding shard was taken out of the game before BWL was released, so not many people obtained it (and it was more of a vanity item really imo)

Deleted
    It would be easy if they just gave you the Option to choose a Dagger/Sword/Mace/axe .... It would solve many Problems but yeah its Blizzard so dont expect anything

Quote Originally Posted by Dwane View Post
    Sulfuras
    Thunderfury
    Atiesh
    Black Qiraji BT

That's just idiotic, by your logic there are 11 legendaries in BC, and since everyone got a legendary Tempest Keep nobody should get one until at least after cataclysm.

No, one mount per server, and ONE Talisman of the Binding Shard EVER PERIOD (Yes, there is only one because one person got an EXTREMELY lucky drop about a week before they made it unobtainable) doesn't mean they're legendaries.

Oh I forgot Adonisus, Reaper of Souls, that counts too right since it's legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakysnado@Gmail.com View Post
    That's just idiotic, by your logic there are 11 legendaries in BC, and since everyone got a legendary Tempest Keep nobody should get one until at least after cataclysm.

No, one mount per server, and ONE Talisman of the Binding Shard EVER PERIOD (Yes, there is only one because one person got an EXTREMELY lucky drop about a week before they made it unobtainable) doesn't mean they're legendaries.

Oh I forgot Adonisus, Reaper of Souls, that counts too right since it's legendary.
    I said PERMANENT if u cant read, and legendary=orange.
    So how many ppl must have legendary before we can count it as legendary?
    1 mount per server isnt true aswell.
    Last edited by Dwane; 2010-10-24 at 11:41 AM.

We have the best looking legendaries by FAR in-game, we don't need another one, just scale illidan blades to 85 please.
    I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.

I was serious about this thread ! tbh wanted some nice answers cuz I know daggers will not be placed as legendaries in cata. But imo we kinda need a legendary weapon based on classed what they've got

Just make a legendary chain quest like they did with Shadowmourne, but , for rogues, make them pick between an axe/fist w/e or a dagger.
    Joy Joy
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

No really... cuz we are not a hero class ... But I can deal with a shadowmourne kinda legendary ( can be taken also by shamans, frost dks ) but I want it there if u know what I mean.

15+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, I doubt a Legendary Dagger could get the Awesome Looks most Legendaries had.
    That is, unless they add a "Zoom Weapon" option of course....
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    It would be easy if they just gave you the Option to choose a Dagger/Sword/Mace/axe .... It would solve many Problems but yeah its Blizzard so dont expect anything
    You had a choice with Atiesh, no picking between several versions od the legendary isn't completely unknown. There has only been one instance of this though, so it may not happen again.

The main issue here is no single class will get a legendary that only they can use, any legendary will be shared by multiple classes.

Any legendary a rogue can use will be shared by at 3 other classes/specs.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

well if its a dagger and your combat, respeccing aint that expensive since you wont have to re gem your gear.

I don't understand why they couldn't just have a legendary have an On-Use function to change it's weapon type and stats? Benediction/Anathema and Shadowstrike/Thunderstrike did this with stats and procs, and combining Jang'thraze and Sang'thraze from ZF made Sul'thraze (2 1h made a 2h). I know some classes can't use certain weapons, so have it be placed into your bags when it transforms (but prevent the transform if bag space is full).

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what youre asking for is a legendary weapon only 1 class can use which isnt going to happen.

If it was a 2.6 speed axe or mace then Enh Shaman (cant use swords), DW Frost and Rogues could use it so thats the more likely option, however I wouldnt hold your breath unfortunately.