Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    All humans aren't the same. For my knowledge, there were little to no "Gilnean Paladins," hence why priests are ok, but not paladins. As for the druid/shaman thing, The Worgen learned how to be druids from their closest faction ally, The Night Elves, a race that is not shamanistic. As much as I would say it is feasable for Worgen to eventually learn how to become Shamans, one can make an arguement that as the horde and alliance share ideas with their racial allies, just about any race could "learn" to be just about any class.

To me, it seems like OP is reaching and stretching because his/her favorite class is Shaman, but he/she really wants to play a worgen.

Deleted
    Everything your saying is false and does not matter, Blizzard have proved lore deciding what classes can be what race does not matter either.
    Are you guys forgetting Cataclysms launch of brand new class/race combination's that probably make the lore nerds cry? Exactly.
    May aswel allow all classes to be any race they want, then the majority are happy; except the lore nerds ofcourse, but then again they are never happy.
    There is no real reason why Shamans cant be Worgens, except for the simple fact that Blizzard dont want them to be; nothing else, especially all these crazy stories, do not matter.
    Last edited by mmocd608bbaa59; 2010-11-18 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen's don't fit into the class lorewise whereas Dwarfs and Draenei do, I'm happy with these 2 classes for Cata, anymore will just be un-needed.

Most of the reasoning that shaman can't be worgen feels like a five year old's argument NA UH JUST ACAUSE
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Real life shaman are communicators with the spirit world. They delve into herbal medicines, for healing and for "spiritual communication", but that's pretty much the extent of their attunement to nature. It wouldn't even make sense to pull Worgen shaman lore from this.

Shaman in the Warcraft universe are similar, but since the Azerothian spirits are spirits of the elements, that's where their power is derived. Druidism in the Warcraft universe, as stated before, derives from a deep connection with nature. While true that nature is a select part of the combined elements (thus where shaman derive their healing powers), shaman are more of a "jack of all trades" sort. Able to delve into natural power, but not master it.

As stated before, the feral instinct native to worgen allows them to be in touch with nature. Humans cannot be shaman in the Warcraft universe because they are a selfish race. They are not and cannot be concerned with the balance of the elements unless it is detrimental to their own survival. It just doesn't make sense.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

FFS,the only class worgen is missing and they could have(don't say blizz says they can't,lorewise,they can) is paladin.
    Why?-
    The first paladins came in the second war when gilneas was still in the alliance....
    they learned it back then,end of story.and NO,the curse does NOT effect the connection with The Holy Light.

NO SHAMANS-SHAMANS=ELEMENTS,no other races currently in game can be shamans.
    Everything that is,is alive

-This Signature was made by Geekissexy,The Signature Master.

Quote Originally Posted by DStruct View Post
    Everything your saying is false and does not matter, Blizzard have proved lore deciding what classes can be what race does not matter either.
    Are you guys forgetting Cataclysms launch of brand new class/race combination's that probably make the lore nerds cry? Exactly.
    May aswel allow all classes to be any race they want, then the majority are happy; except the lore nerds ofcourse, but then again they are never happy.
    There is no real reason why Shamans cant be Worgens, except for the simple fact that Blizzard dont want them to be; nothing else, especially all these crazy stories, do not matter.
    I think you are right.Arguing about what races cant be is quite useless because if blizz decided that this race can be XYZ they pull some explanation out of their ass.Think back to pre Wotlk as everybody was thinking DK could only be from a certain race and not all of them but blizz decided that it would be better gameplay wise to let every race become a Dk.And i think this will happen again in the future.Now we are arguing about what race can be what class and what not and in the next expansion blizz will announce something we thought wasnt possible.

If blizz thinks its ok to let race X become class Y they find some way to implement it.
    "In our world those who dont care about the rules are called trash but those who dont care about their friends are even worse than trash."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait..there's a race called Space goa--Oh you mean Draenei..I long how everyone calls Taurens cows instead of bulls, such joy.
    OT:Shamans are more elemental then nature. Although A worgen form (Working like cat form, but worgen with a glyph) would be nice for druids IMO, but worgen players will QQ they're not unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    Humans weren't able to be Druids, Worgen are - yet Worgen were human.
    Blood Elves weren't able to be Paladins. Now they are - since the Draenei arrival.
    Draenei that were "cursed" and devolved into Broken can't be followers of the Light anymore, so your statement is quite fallible.

Worgen -are- beings more in tune with Nature than they are with the Light.
    The bloodthirst and ferociousness within their kind has as much to do with Shamanism as it does with Druidism.

I see it quite simple - Worgen should be able to be Paladin & Priest or Shaman & Druid.
    Former humans able to be Priest -but not Paladin- makes no sense.
    Former humans able to be Druid -but not Shaman- makes no sense.

If Blizzard implemented racials directly into unique race/class combos, such that Worgen could only be Shadowpriests (and couldn't use holy spells), then it might make alot of sense :P
    I suspect, especially based on the lore relating to how Tauren Paladins came to be, that if one abstracted out sufficiently: Paladins, Priests, Druids, and Shamans all get their power from the same source. Hence the Tauren decision to worship both the right *and* left eye of the Earth Mother. Implying that at some very primitive level the Holy Light of Paladins and Priests (right eye), the Nature power of Druids (left eye), and the Elemental power of Shamans and the Earth Mother (body) all have the same source. It's also clear that any of the powers can be used for either "good" or "evil". Even the Holy Light, which is abused by groups like the Scarlet Crusade and the Blood Knights before Kael screws them. This also explains why a former Draenei Paladin, once cut off from the Light, was able to relatively easily establish a rapport with the Elements and introduce Shamanism to the Draenei.

That said, it's a truism of mysticism and mystical traditions in our world that the beliefs and disposition of a mystic are as important, if not more important, to the magic than what they actually believe. Thus what is really necessary for a race to "get" a class is either an existing tradition for that class in that race, or for a member of the race to, either through an ecstatic experience (Draenei Shamans, Tauren Paladins) or learned lore (Worgen or Tauren Druids, Gnome Priests), become that class. All that is necessary for a race to "lose" a class is for the members of that race to lose faith in or be cut off from the tradition that created the bond.

So during the Civil War, the Worgen lost touch with the part of the Holy Light that creates Paladins (who require a level of virtue and self control even beyond that of Priests). They did not completely lose touch with the Light, and the more forgiving priestly orders survived. The Night Elves taught them Druidism as a way to control their feral impulses. They simply never encounters Shamanism in a way that impacted them sufficiently to cause some of them to become Shamans.

Since Blizzard makes the lore, they get to decide what encounters between the different traditions of the different races result in cross fertilization (Like the Worgen learning to be Druids from the Night Elves) and which don't (Orcs apparently aren't interested enough in this aspect of the other Horde Races culture to become Priests)

Quote Originally Posted by rolfing shaman View Post
    come on really? i get it they can be druids but imagine a werewolf trying to throw lightning out of his hands
    Now, imagine a giant cow doing that... That's just ridiculous... Oh wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    That worgen shaman in Ashenvale surprised me, but I have to say worgen shaman isn't neccesarily something where I would say it's impossible.
    But don't make the mistake, that a druid race should be able to be shamans or vice versa. Then we should also have orc and goblin druids.
    One thing you have to understand is, that the reason certain races can't choose every class, is that it is most unlikely to meet a specific class/race combo in Azeroth. It is not impossible, that a night elf becomes a warlock. There is nothing preventing a night elf from learning about the arts of summoning demons. However it is unlikely that you would find one in Darnassian society. The reason why we don't have orc druids and night elf shamans is not because it's impossible for members of those races to become a druid or a shaman. It's just not part of their culture. Also: gameplay balancing!

doesnt make the giant sense, but Dwarf does. cause of their close bonds with earth and their lore related to it lately (read The Shattering).
    Priests are fine, but Paladins for Worgen is a little TO much.

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    Now, imagine a giant cow doing that... That's just ridiculous... Oh wait!
    their lore fit with it. since The Shattering book, you get to know that Anduin gift Baine "Fearbreaker" a big mace of the light.

honestly they should just open up every race/class combination so people can play what they want to play. it's heading in that direction anyway.
    And everything you touch will turn to ash, slipping right through your fingers.

There are NPCs that are worgen shamans so its not imposible its just a matter of time to introduce them as playable

10+ Year Old Account
    No more race/class combos. Just cuz horde has 1 or 2 more doesn't mean alliance NEEDS them. I mean think about it, does it really matter?
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    doesnt make the giant sense, but Dwarf does. cause of their close bonds with earth and their lore related to it lately (read The Shattering).
    Priests are fine, but Paladins for Worgen is a little TO much.

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 08:07 PM ----------

their lore fit with it. since The Shattering book, you get to know that Anduin gift Baine "Fearbreaker" a big mace of the light.
    Dwarves don't need any recent lore, dwarves shamans are (at least) as old as human paladins. Also if you still wonder why gilnean worgen can be druids read their god damn lore! That also reveals that they currently don't have a very close bond to the elements (not that goblins have, but they also have another way of living)

Please keep up with the current lore, because you're generally NOT the red shirt guy. You don't know lore better than blizz.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Massacre View Post
    honestly they should just open up every race/class combination so people can play what they want to play. it's heading in that direction anyway.
    that attitude is really annoying (would like to use other words but its a forum which i have respect for and will not completely condemn u for your opinions). its like saying in wrath, well they should just give me the gear since it keeps progressing easier and easier. or we should just all have 310 mounts at the start instead of 280 since they r making them easier to get. or let all classes start at 55 since its heading in that direction, and lvling is getting easier and easier. or give me tabards for the rep grind for vanilla factions, since we r heading that way

lore and challenges have a purpose in game and people who want them removed simply becuz its "heading in that direction" seem to have no respect for the lore, difficulty, uniqueness, effort, skill and time that both blizzard and the wow community has put into the game.

on topic:
    they should not be shamans. they are humans changed arugal's shadow magic. there is not one shamanistic attribute.

"The worgen in fact derive from an ancient druidic sect known as the Druids of the Scythe who worshiped the wolf Ancient Goldrinn. The chosen shapeshift form of these druids was the worgen form, but these druids lost themselves to the form's savage nature and descended into feral behaviour.[3]"
    -taken from wowwiki

no where does it mention shamanism

Tbh I wouldn't mind Worgen being (able to become) shamans and if Blizzard wanted it so, they could make up some lore behind it in like half an hour, but it's not like we desperately need it. Draenei and Dwarves are quite nice (and enough...for now). :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ner zhul View Post
    that attitude is really annoying (would like to use other words but its a forum which i have respect for and will not completely condemn u for your opinions). its like saying in wrath, well they should just give me the gear since it keeps progressing easier and easier. or we should just all have 310 mounts at the start instead of 280 since they r making them easier to get. or let all classes start at 55 since its heading in that direction, and lvling is getting easier and easier. or give me tabards for the rep grind for vanilla factions, since we r heading that way
    that's not the same thing at all. opening up accessibility to more races is not a bad thing, nor does it make the game easier. if you have a complaint with lore, blizzard has already taken steps to reverse conflicts. for example, they already put in the most lore clashing combination into the game (night elf mages).

really not sure how your race/class combination equates to difficulty.
    And everything you touch will turn to ash, slipping right through your fingers.