@ adds over new forum posts

I'm all for the adds on the site, really doesnt bother me, but on the old sites it would put an add right over something on the front page im tryig to read, and now the add covers the whole blue tracker and recent forum posts box, is there any way to get that moved? or removed?

Use this thread to report them.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Never had that problem with any adds, but as Elysia said, get an adblock I think Mozilla has a built-in one.

Deleted
    You realize that by using AdBlock you're effectively taking the income B gets from providing you with free content?

Don't be selfish, at least put exceptions on the sites you support and adblock others.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    You realize that by using AdBlock you're effectively taking the income B gets from providing you with free content?

Don't be selfish, at least put exceptions on the sites you support and adblock others.
    So Boub wouldn't get money from me not being able to see an add what I'd never click anyway? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    So Boub wouldn't get money from me not being able to see an add what I'd never click anyway? O.o
    exactly
    he gets $ when its displayed to you and adblock has killed many websites alrdy
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboi97 View Post
    lol players say hon sucks
    hon players say lol sucks
    they are both right
    dota is KING!

Quote Originally Posted by nhomizz View Post
    exactly
    he gets $ when its displayed to you and adblock has killed many websites alrdy
    Since when do advertisers actually pay for impressions versus clickthroughs?

I'm pretty sure a lot of ads require you to click on them to be profitable.

Besides, in a world where Flash can be as wide-gaping exploitable as crap like Outlook, no way in hell am I going to play anything not managed by a trusted site. How many times have WoW sites been burned now by advertisers sneaking malicious ads through everyone's filters? Wowhead has even had to shut their entire site's ad system down for periods while they tracked bad ones down.

FF+NS+ABPlus = Win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    Besides, in a world where Flash can be as wide-gaping exploitable as crap like Outlook, no way in hell am I going to play anything not managed by a trusted site.
    Learn to run your browser in a sandbox, takes care of flash and other issues nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    How many times have WoW sites been burned now by advertisers sneaking malicious ads through everyone's filters? Wowhead has even had to shut their entire site's ad system down for periods while they tracked bad ones down.
    If people were less stupid and didn't click "YEAH SURE!!!" to every "Hey, want to earn moar money lol, install this .exe!" they would get "hacked" a lot less. Not to mention I wonder how many of the people being burned are using illegal copies of Windows that are not patched properly or just running outdated software.

Learn to run your browser in a sandbox, takes care of flash and other issues nicely.
    I should have to acquire, install, configure, learn, run, and maintain something like AppArmor, not to mention giving up all OS/Browser integration features (because they would be security holes), just to show ADVERTISEMENTS?

If people were less stupid and didn't click "YEAH SURE!!!" to every "Hey, want to earn moar money lol, install this .exe!" they would get "hacked" a lot less. Not to mention I wonder how many of the people being burned are using illegal copies of Windows that are not patched properly or just running outdated software.
    Because even Windows XP, which is now two generations behind, gets a slew of security-vulnerability fix updates WEEKLY because only illegal and old copies of Windows ever have security vulnerabilities, right?

....right?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    I'm pretty sure a lot of ads require you to click on them to be profitable.
    nowadays p.much all sites are paid on a per view
    basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboi97 View Post
    lol players say hon sucks
    hon players say lol sucks
    they are both right
    dota is KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    FF+NS+ABPlus = Win
    This pretty much:

Abbreviations: Firefox + NoScript + AdBlock Plus.

Makes your browser highly protected against malicious websites and hides any and all useless flash/script/etc garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by nhomizz View Post
    nowadays p.much all sites are paid on a per view
    basis.
    Wait wait, I don't know much about ads n stuff, but if it's PPV, wouldn't he be able to get loads of money by just spamming refresh? or is it just one person/day etc? ;o And even then I guess it would go by IP or something so you can change that(?) ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    FF+NS+ABPlus = Win
    Oh, and this^ :3