Poll: What was the better solution?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    Also Thoridal was usable by two classes, Hunters and Rogues.
    We're aware of this. But usable does not equal viable.

Nobody is saying that Thoridal was not BiS for Rogues and Warriors.
    Simple reasoning can explain why they are far less viable and that the item was not made for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarwhale001 View Post
    They could have added a proc off an ability that feral tanks do not have.
    Or some other mechanic that would not benefit tanks, leading Feral DPS/Hunters to obtain the staff and not Feral tanks.
    I don't see the problem here.[COLOR="red"]
    I do, hardly fair to release a Legendary for one spec and not the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    more qq from people who probably have no shot at a legendary anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Conditional View Post
    Imo, Blizzard need to implement a Legendary weapon viable for Ferals in Cataclysm, especially with the use of Hyjal and Night Elfs.
    I agree with this.
    Frankly I think Cata should consist of a Caster DPS Legendary and a Feral + ?? + (??) Legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azamelto View Post
    *Ahem*
    Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Two-Hand Mace
    223 - 372 Damage Speed 3.70
    (80.4 damage per second)
    (358 feral attack power)
    +12 Strength
    +12 Stamina
    +30 Fire Resistance
    Durability 145 / 145
    Requires Level 60
    Item Level 80
    Chance on hit: Hurls a fiery ball that causes 273 to 333 Fire damage and an additional 75 damage over 10 sec.
    Equip: Deals 5 Fire damage to anyone who strikes you with a melee attack.

That is viable for Ench...in what capacity?
    During the time, Ferals could not use the CoH and the Feral Attack Power was never introduced, making it a lot better for Ench over Feral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bb3HT1ubtk

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    more qq from people who probably have no shot at a legendary anyways
    There's no QQing going on in this thread.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conditional View Post
    I do, hardly fair to release a Legendary for one spec and not the other.
    Whether it is fair to introduce a legendary for Feral tanks as well is not for me to decide.
    I was merely addressing his issue with my idea.

Dunno if it´s been said already, but Blizzard has said they want to make a caster legendary for cataclysm. That means chances are it´ll be a staff right? And if so, who´s to say there won´t be a feral-friendly version of that staff? There was one for Atiesh right?

Quote Originally Posted by grevlinghore View Post
    Dunno if it´s been said already, but Blizzard has said they want to make a caster legendary for cataclysm. That means chances are it´ll be a staff right? And if so, who´s to say there won´t be a feral-friendly version of that staff? There was one for Atiesh right?
    I don't believe there was.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    They don't have one now. Enhance shammies used to use 2-handed weapons for their DPS. They could have used the hand of sulfarus.
    Apologies, but I thought Shammies rathered Agility? I dont play one, so I truly dont know

But yes, they could use Sulfy but I didnt think it would be viable (and honestly, who would give the eye drop to a shaman in Vanilla over someone whou would benefit from the strength)

Apologies, but I thought Shammies rathered Agility? I dont play one, so I truly dont know

But yes, they could use Sulfy but I didnt think it would be viable (and honestly, who would give the eye drop to a shaman in Vanilla over someone whou would benefit from the strength)
    I'm fairly sure (do not take my word completely on this) that shamans benefited a lot more from strength in Vanilla/BC than they do now.
    Take their t6 set bonuses / socket bonuses for example.

I'm pretty sure they changed the set bonus? I thought it gave increased strength from your totems.
    Regardless, the socket bonuses are still there, and im fairly sure I saw BC shamans gemming Str in their T6.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah no, there was no feral-friendly version, it was for 4 different classes (different on equip effects and different colour cloth stip)

Shamans used to use strength a lot more, and they didn't dual-wield like they do now. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bb3HT1ubtk (Taken from Conditional's post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury - Hunter (primary), Warrior (secondary), Rogue (secondary)
    Legendary Polearm - Druid (primary), Hunter (secondary)

Last time I checked, three is greater than two.

Do not compare todays shaman with the Classic WoW Shaman. Back then stats were all over. Like the Health per 5 regen, spirit on Warrior gear (T0) and so on. The funny thing was that with the famous "stars align" mega-proc a Shaman could oneshot anyone in PvP only armed with a Mining Pick.
    Me sorry. Not do bad again, honest. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure Atiesh had Feral AP on it, but i could count on one hand the amount of Feral Druids that got it in the world. Any feral worth his salt back them (I was one of them) had http://www.wowhead.com/item=22988 in their main hand and http://www.wowhead.com/item=13385 in their off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury - Hunter (primary), Warrior (secondary), Rogue (secondary)

I'm going to have to strongly disagree here.
    You seem to think that just because the other two classes could wield it, means they would get it if a Hunter was present, perhaps this is your way of appearing to have a greater argument.
    19/20 of the guilds capable of obtaining this legendary at the time, would not have handled it like this.

Also, it would be:
    Legendary Staff/Polearm - Druid (primary), Hunter (primary)

I'd be ok with a feral staff, even tho I have no druid.
    Every class deserves a weapon now and then.

But it takes me to other point: if a legendary goes for 1 or 2 classes only it would make that class "overpowered". I mean, that class with that class would have obvious advantages. If the weapon is for more classes, it would be more fair. Atiesh was a good example since it was good for a lot of classes. The blades from BT were more of a rogue-warrior thing. Thoridal was a hunter weapon. In endgame content, an awesome weapon for a single class sound a bit unffair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post

Warglavies?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakysnado@Gmail.com View Post
    Shamans used to use strength a lot more, and they didn't dual-wield like they do now. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bb3HT1ubtk (Taken from Conditional's post)
    I never used a Shaman in Vanilla, so such things I did not realise. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelopvf View Post
    I'd be ok with a feral staff, even tho I have no druid.
    Every class deserves a weapon now and then.

But it takes me to other point: if a legendary goes for 1 or 2 classes only it would make that class "overpowered". I mean, that class with that class would have obvious advantages. If the weapon is for more classes, it would be more fair. Atiesh was a good example since it was good for a lot of classes. The blades from BT were more of a rogue-warrior thing. Thoridal was a hunter weapon. In endgame content, an awesome weapon for a single class sound a bit unffair.
    Although I agree with a legendary only STRONGLY (people don't see to understand the difference) beneficial to ONE class would be a bit unfair, this is exactly what Thoridal was.
    My idea brings it up to two viable classes, which clearly Blizzard has no problem with either, since they've used this method before.