Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Do NOT, go with the steel series mouse. I got one as a gift last Christmas and, by February, of this year the 'metal' finish on the right click had worn off and the button has started to rust. No joke.
    Now, almost a year into owning the mouse, half of it is covered in packing tape to keep from making my hand itch due to the weird metal to plastic texture all over it.
    This year, I will be asking for another mouse, or buying one with Christmas money.

Other then the what I had listed, it's really responsive, high DPi for quick response and the software is really macro friendly and easy to use.
    Over all, Naga all the way.

Deleted
    Been using razer ever since the first diamondback, even got the boomslang limited edition. razer knows how to make good mouses, tho they break often..

Deleted
    Buy the Naga, you won't regret it, such an amazing mouse. Pick up a good mousepad too, the Razer Goliathus is pretty hot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's not turn this into a flame war, please.

Guy is asking for advice and opinions, and those can be given without getting personal. As someone who is also looking at picking up a new mouse and keyboard, I am interested in this topic a great deal as well.

I too have a larger than average hand, but long fingers help offset that somewhat. I like the looks and functionality of the Naga from what I have read, but am seriously concerned that it is going to be too small to fit comfortably. I had never heard of that RAT7 by cyborg, but I have to admit that it looks interesting, especially as I see they have a keyboard as well. I was considering Steel Series, but I have heard so much crap about their quality it concern me. I am staying away from wireless mice and keyboards for the moment.

Please keep it civil and keep the information flowing on this. Inquiring minds want to know!

I like my combination of Steelseries Merc Stealth keyboard (the extra gaming-only keypad area is the best you'll find for gaming on any keyboard imo, though it takes more getting used to than you would think) and my Microsoft Sidewinder. It only has two extra buttons on the side (the back and forward buttons) but they extrude from the side of the mouse (and both are on the left side so no awkward pinky buttons) in a really nice way so as to make them extremely easy to distinguish and hit.

It also has a switch right on it to change the DPI on the fly (though I just keep it on the most sensitive setting for everything). It's simple but effective. I think I'd have a hard time using all those buttons on a mouse and not fat fingering things.

Deleted
    I have the Steelseries mouse myself (the wow one) and i am having some problems with it, so i would go for the naga. Getting myself one for christmas =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartadin View Post
    I like my combination of Steelseries Merc Stealth keyboard (the extra gaming-only keypad area is the best you'll find for gaming on any keyboard imo, though it takes more getting used to than you would think) and my Microsoft Sidewinder. It only has two extra buttons on the side (the back and forward buttons) but they extrude from the side of the mouse (and both are on the left side so no awkward pinky buttons) in a really nice way so as to make them extremely easy to distinguish and hit.

It also has a switch right on it to change the DPI on the fly (though I just keep it on the most sensitive setting for everything). It's simple but effective. I think I'd have a hard time using all those buttons on a mouse and not fat fingering things.
    If keyboard from SteelSeries then 6G v2 or 7G, just coz they amazing to play on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vane View Post
    How about a regular mouse with 2 buttons and a scrollwheel. If you need more advanced hardware than that to not suck, then well, you suck.
    fail troll is fail...
    OT: Used lots of expensive (and cheap) mouses but my wife got me a razer several months ago and haven't had to replace it yet. Your mouse WILL wear out and pretty damn quick if you pick up a cheap one. I have been through roughly 11 mouses since wrath launch, my razer lasting 4 or 5 times longer and still kicking.

Get a Razer Naga, takes a while to get used to the 12 additional buttons on the side, but these come in really handy.
    I posted in the legendary "I found Yogg-Saron" thread and all I got was this lousy signature.

Teh Naga FTW!!!

Ive been using a naga for over a year. It's still in perfect condition aside from some small bends in the wire. It's button layout is comfortable, convenient, and honestly the best I could think of. I have 20+ buttons bound to my naga and all can be used with ease. It's design makes it fit comfortably in my palm, and everything I need to hit is always in reach. The response is great, and hitting buttons accidently is a non existent problem. Playing with it on my warrior was a bit of a problem before the heroic strike change, but now that it's not a "HEY SPAM ME" button, there's no issues what so ever. I have used this mouse for "Rogue, warrior, paladin, death knight, warlock, and druid." and it's work amazing on each. This is a good mouse. This mouse is what all true warriors strive for. I can bind 1-= and !-+ among other buttons, all at once.. And hit them with one hand.. which leaves zxfcgt and ZXFCGT. BUT I could also use it with my belkin gaming pad (too lazy to get used to a configuration right now) and essentially map my entire keyboard, and entire keyboard + shift/alt all at once, in a easy, comfortable fashion.

So while high tech mouse hates have fun with their keyboard turning or 1-5 bindings, reaching a finger back because alt is your life line. I'll be playing on my naga.

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely the Razer! I bought a Mamba because I play more than just World of Warcraft, and I absolutely love it! Very comfortable, ergonomically smooth, expertly packaged (when I saw the "plexiglass" it was awesome), and it's just great. I also bought one of their headset, which is both comfortable, and sounds great! I'm planning on buying one of their keyboards eventually, and I can't wait!

PS. I dunno if springing for the collector's edition will be worth it, but if you want it, go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?

Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    All this thread does is make me hate the world.

What's with all the left-handed hate? There's nothing fancy for left handed people

Using a Razer Lachesis myself, I'm really happy with it, but I'd like to give the Naga a shot anyways - but yea, I can't.
    I am left handed yet I got used to controlling my mouse with my right hand, but then again the only things I don't do with my right hand is using a pen or scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Axlash54 View Post
    Definitely the Razer! I bought a Mamba because I play more than just World of Warcraft, and I absolutely love it! Very comfortable, ergonomically smooth, expertly packaged (when I saw the "plexiglass" it was awesome), and it's just great. I also bought one of their headset, which is both comfortable, and sounds great! I'm planning on buying one of their keyboards eventually, and I can't wait!

PS. I dunno if springing for the collector's edition will be worth it, but if you want it, go for it!
    I have a razer lycosa and a razer mouse pad as well. Both are really nice, and if you also play SC2 you can just flip the pad over when switching between it and wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilth View Post
    Steelseries makes junk, junk everything. Razor products are somewhat fragile and they send out to many DOA (dead on arrival) units.
    Logitech makes the most dependable mice and keyboards PERIOD.
    Do yourself a favor check out the G700

I'm a huge logitech fan, I had a G9 and I have many spare logitech mice for general computer use, I own logitech keyboards and web cameras and speakers and I love all of them, but for gaming I have to side with razer. I simple do not see a logitech product that has the button configuration of the naga and I can't play wow without it anymore.

Edit: Just to note, you could map WASDQE and IJKLUO both to movement directions with a razer naga, and have an additonal zxcfghy;onm,./ and their shift equivalents as feasible buttons.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2010-11-20 at 07:08 PM.

Steelseries makes junk, junk everything. Razor products are somewhat fragile and they send out to many DOA (dead on arrival) units.
    Logitech makes the most dependable mice and keyboards PERIOD.
    Do yourself a favor check out the G700

I love Razer products.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    I don't really care if you use the Naga, but first you come off elitist by saying I'm "jealous" that I don't have one and then make an assumption that I don't bind my spells efficiently and ignored my mouse wheel... how am I supposed to take you seriously?

I use the mouse wheel with modifiers for abilities (not macros that do the work for me); and, I've remapped my keybinds multiple times in order to get better. I think that there is definitely room to improve the hardware we are limited by, but becoming dependent on one's thumb for more than a couple keys is a step in the wrong direction. A lot of people talk about the Naga and say things like, "I don't know how I ever played without it," or "There is no way I could go back to how I played before," and I have to conclude that they were probably not that good to begin with because the best players in the World get by fine without it.

My Mage uses about 40 keybinds give or take a few depending on the spec and the application. I use the Mage as an example because that is a class with stereotypically fewer abilities.

I'm trying to avoid arguments on the forums because they lead to thread locks and bans, so you can have the last word. I'm not checking back on this thread.
    Normally people who don't have things try to make those things seem like they aren't any good.

Have you even thought about that arena thing? They are fine with it because they are forced to play that way. If they used addons and other stuff they would be at a disadvantage when the rules say they can't use them. So trying to say "Oh hey they don't use it because they don't need it" is dumb, they don't use it because it would make it so they're uncomfortable with the basics.

And saying that they're bad because they found the Naga to be godly at what it does just shows that you're making excuses. I suggest you stop trying to convince yourself that there is no gains in using a Naga mouse over your current mouse. You're like the dps laughing at healers using Clique or Healbot without understanding what it does.

Yes and the naga mouse can hold over 40, what point are you trying to make here?

Try to avoid, or afraid to see that you may be wrong in something that you convinced yourself you were right in?

2 of my girlfriends steelseries mice have fallen apart, get a naga

Naga is great, steelseries products like to break, and logitec hardware doesnt have enough features to justify the cost for me. The reason I got my naga is so I can bind macros/spells to an easier to reach place and make use of a finger that wasnt doing much before (my thumb). Now I dont have to bind anything to the right of the letters R and F on my keyboard which is a massive boost for warlocks now that we have some new spells. I have 12 spells bound to my mouse already.

PS I love that my mounts (flying/ground) are bound to 10 and 11 on the mouse because they are out of the way and easy to access when I need them

I strongly support the naga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    All this thread does is make me hate the world.

What's with all the left-handed hate? There's nothing fancy for left handed people

Using a Razer Lachesis myself, I'm really happy with it, but I'd like to give the Naga a shot anyways - but yea, I can't.
    lefties are... MONSTERS! :O

i prefer standard mouses. i currently just use a logitech MX518. best mouse in the world