Deathwing's Eruption

Ok so i'm trying to figure out where Deathwing actually erupts into the world, The original plan and cinematic show that he does between Stormwing and Ironforge somewhere in snowy mountains, but we get into Deepholm via the maelstrom? Is it where they originally entailed, and if so can we fly over it and awe in the giant gape that is his destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkinbynature View Post
    Ok so i'm trying to figure out where Deathwing actually erupts into the world, The original plan and cinematic show that he does between Stormwing and Ironforge somewhere in snowy mountains, but we get into Deepholm via the maelstrom? Is it where they originally entailed, and if so can we fly over it and awe in the giant gape that is his destruction?
    The maelstrom

Wow my stats on my Sig below look funny, i should sign off in my lvl 60 set more often lol.
    Last edited by Chewymac; 2010-11-22 at 05:34 PM.

Google is a magical thing.

At first it was planned that he erupts from the unused zone above Stormwind into the world, that was later changed to the Maelstrom, so that part of the cinematic was probably already finished after they changed it.

He erupts from the swirling butthole of azeroth, aka The Maelstrom like chewymac said.

The cinematic doesn't necessarily show him bursting out of those mountains, it just shows him flying over them. I drew up this map of his flightpath based on the cinematic a while ago (the K standing for Kezan):

....and I can't show it because I don't have enough posts >_<

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally it was the unused area between Stormwind and Ironforge.

However, since then they have changed it, and he emerges from Deepholm via the Maelstrom. It's my understanding that this wasn't shown in the cinematic because his emergence was already created by the time they changed it, and they decided to not scrap a crapload of work and just use what they had.

There's no "hole" per se where he was originally supposed to burst from, but there IS a giant ravine under Dun Morogh, Loch Modan and Badlands breaking the world in two that looks pretty radical.

10+ Year Old Account
    He flew out of the Maelstrom, yes.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Deleted
    He erupts from somewhere :P

I actually have no idea where because the cinematic seems to be in a funny order. Deathwing erupts from mountains, then arrives at Auberdine from the north, then goes north from Loch Modan, and then he arrives at Stormwind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post

I actually have no idea where because the cinematic seems to be in a funny order. Deathwing erupts from mountains, then arrives at Auberdine from the north, then goes north from Loch Modan, and then he arrives at Stormwind.
    It's not intended to be chronological or "in order" - they said so at the cinematic panel at Blizzcon. They opted for recognizable landmarks and locations rather than a path of destruction.

Are we sure its the Maelstrom? I was under the impression that that information came from a nightmare, not reality.

That said, it doesn't really matter, because the Elemental Planes are not physically linked to Azeroth. He could come through where ever he damn well pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post

Well, I took the mountains to be mountains in Winterspring. He then flew out over the sea and down across Auberdine, then southwest to Loch Modan. He did a quick sweep over the dam and then turned towards SW.

since deepholm is in elemental plane and not under azeroth, deathwing erupts from a portal that linked azeroth to the elemental plane.

he destroyed the earth pillar and that somehow made a portal from deepholme to the middle of the maelstrom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachdonin View Post
    Are we sure its the Maelstrom? I was under the impression that that information came from a nightmare, not reality.

That said, it doesn't really matter, because the Elemental Planes are not physically linked to Azeroth. He could come through where ever he damn well pleases.
    Quests before entering Deepholm and while inside Deepholm confirm it.

The world pillar "held" up Azeroth at the point of the Maelstrom, and Deathwing emerged there, damaging the pillar threatening to merge the Elemental plane with Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please dont actually hang around near where you estimate he comes from in the trailer, Blizzard has already stated its an artistic interpretation. Also I *really* doubt he will actually even show up in the game until after the patch shatters the world. There is no way they could phase the current terrain in any of old Azeroth to make it look like he came out of anything other than solid ground.

To answer your second question, no Maelstrom is a no fly zone and you only get to go there once.

Deepholm, under the Maelstrom. I think.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity