Deleted

Regarding digital download

I have upgraded my account to cata with this method,BUT,i was stupid and I deleted mail that I got from blizzard regarding that upgrade,because I am not sure do we get some kind of serial key inside that mail or nothing? Or is serial key useless when you purchase digital download because your account is already upgraded to cataclysm so you dont need to enter any kind of serial numbers aka just log and play once 00:00 hits or you have to pop serial key even having purchased digital download?

Thank you in advance whoever can answer me this.

Once you've made the purchase for the digital download, you simply need to log out completely and then log in the game for it to begin the process. After you've logged in once, with your account having been upgraded, the next time you start WoW it will look for downloads.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    Your account's already upgraded to cataclysm, no worries.
    I'm confused though, because when does the actual download start? so far ive only downloaded like 600 mb....

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pulchritudinous View Post
    Your account's already upgraded to cataclysm, no worries.
    I'm confused though, because when does the actual download start? so far ive only downloaded like 600 mb....
    It is downloading very slowly because that's how Blizzard has it structured. It's so that your download has a minimal-to-no impact on your current play. Think about it, if you're streaming GB after GB of data, streaming data in-game simultaneously is going to be miserable. Unless you have some sort of super-freak awesome connection, that is--but Blizzard can't and shouldn't assume that.

You should be able to get a faster download if you open the launcher and let it sit there while you are not playing.

Deleted
    i upgraded to cata with the digital version as well.
    and the email from blizzard, i got, contains a serial number.
    but i dont know, if you have to enter it, at cata start.

EDIT:
    i think you dont have to enter it, because your digital cata version is already assigned to your batte net account.
    Last edited by mmoccf89a246d2; 2010-11-22 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    It is downloading very slowly because that's how Blizzard has it structured. It's so that your download has a minimal-to-no impact on your current play. Think about it, if you're streaming GB after GB of data, streaming data in-game simultaneously is going to be miserable. Unless you have some sort of super-freak awesome connection, that is--but Blizzard can't and shouldn't assume that.
    Also, Blizzard has been seeding bits of the Cataclysm expansion data into prior patches; the old world changes are already out, and being activated in 4.0.3a, and some of that data was sent out even before 4.0.3. Even some of the Cataclysm-only content is being pushed out with 4.0.3a, it's just locked off and inaccessible; some shaman have apparently been having fun on the PTR by Far Sighting into the new Cataclysm zones.

Deleted
    tbf cata download doesnt have much data anyway. Majority of catacylsm data was downlaoded by everyone as the shattering part with the new world was free.

My download for cata was only 600 meg aswel and it doesnt downlaod anymore because you've downlaoded everything.

oooh..i gotta try that far sight trick

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't need the serial number to play. On a linked digital download it is just for CS purposes in the event of account security issues so that you can prove it is your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    oooh..i gotta try that far sight trick
    same

Deleted
    Thank you so much for answers,very appreciated<33

People who dont do the digital download can get the extra info too. It is something like 750MB, and you can change 2 of the files in the WTF folder to reflect cata and it downloads the extra info (it does not violate ToS because you can't play yet, still have to wait until 12am PST). The rest is coming with 4.0.3a and I'm sure a handful of patches the week of december 7th.

Unlike Wraith, that needed a lot of new info, we have been downloading pieces of Cata since 4.0. It isnt going to require as much going forward. (I've seen what I assume are GM's flying in the old world on my server. It all works, we just can't use it).