Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    In a forum you can simply choose to not take this question without looking bad because it's not an actual conversation. You have all the questions in front of you without anyone actually speaking to you so why would you pick a question that you don't want to answer?
    Which you are quite apt at doing. You are not taking my question of "Why are you holding Bashiok to much higher standards then pr representatives from other fields?" You keep alluding to that it's his job to answer questions, which it's not. Furthermore, the original blue post in question was done after hours, if you check the time on it, and assume working hours are 9-5, or even 8-6
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we all agree that we don't care about any of this because it's stupid?

Its the way Bashiok is since he started posting on WoW boards.

Remember when he posted his real name during the real id QQ and people tracked him down in a matter of minutes? :|

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
    You have no idea what his job entails.
    bullshit. I know exactly what the job of a CM is, I'm looking at the job description right now.

It's very common for a team of people all sharing the same job title to be assigned very different roles. His primary role may be to lock/delete deserving threads, issue warnings and bans where appropriate, silently compile and forward feedback, or any other of about a thousand different things that a "Community Manager" working for Blizzard may need to do. If, in the process of doing whatever his job may actually demand of him, he sees an opportunity to crack a harmless joke at no one's expense why shouldn't he? In fact, maybe mixing it up with the common folk and engaging in pointless banter here and there are part of what he is expected to do.
    apparently you think a community manager is a forum moderator who's job is to lock threads. and you say I don't know what I'm talking about? oh the irony.
    Also, thanks for the feedback idea. I just let them know that Bashiok is my personal favorite CM and that I hope he's around for a long, long time.
    please grow up. why should I care what you do? you're entitled to send any feedback you feel is neccessary, regardless how undeserved it is....and that you do it out of spite. don't forget how many "attaboys" it takes to make up for a "damn it" or "one bad apple spoils the bunch" the legitimacy of complaints and compliments will be determined on a case by case basis, and every paying customer has the right to feedback on the service. and if the customer wasn't paying for service, like you claim, the CM job wouldn't exist, nor anyone responding to player submitted tickets. we don't pay $15 a month for only server access, but for the service as well. blizzard knows they lack in customer service department, and they do everything they can (short of highering the people with the right behavior or regulating the wrong behavior) to try and improve it, it actually is a major concern, regardless of what you want to think and say.

In order to determine if the question warranted a response he had to have already pulled up the thread and read the post. In doing so he probably decided it wasn't worth answering in detail but saw an opportunity for a humorous reference that took him all of about 3 seconds. Stop the presses! A Blizzard employee wasted valuable seconds of their time!
    what? just stop. I have no idea what you're trying to say, don't really care either. its just lame.

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    Which you are quite apt at doing. You are not taking my question of "Why are you holding Bashiok to much higher standards then pr representatives from other fields?" You keep alluding to that it's his job to answer questions, which it's not. Furthermore, the original blue post in question was done after hours, if you check the time on it, and assume working hours are 9-5, or even 8-6
    it is his job to answer questions. thats what a community manager does. a CM acts as a liason between blizzard and the players, disseminating information from blizzard to the players, and relaying player concerns and sentiment to blizzard.

rather than claiming you know what a community manager isn't, why don't you fill us in on what you think a CM is, and what they're supposed to do.

let me help make it easier for you. is a community manager posting in blue and getting paid to make jokes that judging by the responses in the threads, the majority of the customers don't think are funny, and would rather he not post? if you search for bashiok's posts under advanced search on the forums you may have a better understanding about the thread you're posting in, as you'll see more clearly what he contributes in his blue posts.

bashiok is a community manager. let me ask again, do you know what a community manager is and what is required of them?
    Last edited by ungar; 2010-11-23 at 10:25 PM.

Seriously....whats with this guy? Its not like once in a while he makes a funny/sarcastic comment. Its EVERY post he makes. Not only is virtually every post I've read by him completely unhelpful, many are borderline troll posts. How is he not fired yet?