Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keh View Post
    Correct.

I was the only one in the PTR who had one and I got LOTS of questions where I got him.

Sorry to be annoying but I looked up that quest "A Different Approach" and it says its in Thousand Needles. Where in WP?

edit: nvm found it
    Last edited by Delilah; 2010-11-23 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Not a bad looking bird

What are the new skills for birds anyway? (i haven't really followed hunters since i quit mine 2 years ago, really want too make a human hunter when shattering hits up europe).
    They keep the old disarm ability. And gain one flavour ability called trick, that make the bird do a loop in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Now when you say "only in Western Plaguelands," you actually mean "also in Icecrown," right?

Unless you, for some reason, can't tame those. But I find that unlikely.
    You actually cant tame those in Icecrown

Wait is the disarm not on a 1m cd in cata? Why is he saying every 5 seconds lol.. that is incorrectly overpowered if so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordreinhart View Post
    Wait is the disarm not on a 1m cd in cata? Why is he saying every 5 seconds lol.. that is incorrectly overpowered if so.
    Yeah, I agree. It makes no sense, so I just ignored this part of the post. You cannot continually disarm a melee, without a weapon there is NOTHING almost any melee spec can do. So, even if that is the case and it procs more often than the tooltip (10s every 1min), it will be a bug and will be hotfixed EXTREMELY quickly.

is the bird of prey disarm that says "weapon" worse than the crab disarm that seems more extensive?

Very nice pet for any Undead hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    I was happy to see they added this model in, I've wanted one since I saw them in Stormpeaks and Icecrown. My hunter is a Belf and it would probably go much better with an undead hunter, but I'm totally okay with ignoring that offset. I want a bone dragon, a bone raptor, a bone bird and a bonebaby raptor. >o< Sensing a trend here, hmmm...

I was actually really pleased, as a hunter main, to see how many new colors and various pets they've added into the mix this time around. Going back and slipping them into Northrend and Outland as well. Most especially Chromaggus, though. Every time I go into Blackwing Lair, I'm in vent going "I WANT IIIIIIIIT!" My guild will be relieved. And I get what I want.
    Axetoface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordreinhart View Post

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Yeah, I agree. It makes no sense, so I just ignored this part of the post. You cannot continually disarm a melee, without a weapon there is NOTHING almost any melee spec can do. So, even if that is the case and it procs more often than the tooltip (10s every 1min), it will be a bug and will be hotfixed EXTREMELY quickly.

Guys.. I already admitted I was wrong about the cool down time on Disarm, but it's still a very, very nice ability to happen every minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    is the bird of prey disarm that says "weapon" worse than the crab disarm that seems more extensive?
    As far as I know, crabs dont disarm. They just "Pin" for 4s every 40s. However, you're right in that it is a lot more "extensive" due to the CD and the fact you dont have to worry about them still being in your face/melee range preventing you from doing any reasonable damage.

Crabs are pretty useful pet if you're SV too.

As far as I know, crabs dont disarm. They just "Pin" for 4s every 40s. However, you're right in that it is a lot more "extensive" due to the CD and the fact you dont have to worry about them still being in your face/melee range preventing you from doing any reasonable damage.

Crabs are pretty useful pet if you're SV too.
    Well, when soloing/leveling you basically never have to worry about them being in melee range. The fact is that in early levels crab will be better choice than bird of prey because of shorter cooldown (with spider still being superior choice). However, later on, when fighting lvl 84-85 mobs, that 10 sec disarm may prove more useful.

May I know why would crabs be pretty useful for SV (and not other specs, or more for other specs)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    Well, when soloing/leveling you basically never have to worry about them being in melee range. The fact is that in early levels crab will be better choice than bird of prey because of shorter cooldown (with spider still being superior choice). However, later on, when fighting lvl 84-85 mobs, that 10 sec disarm may prove more useful.

May I know why would crabs be pretty useful for SV (and not other specs, or more for other specs)?
    1) I was talking just about PvP
    2) Traps. Also, on top of Improved Wing Clip immobalize + Entrapment + Counterattack, you get another ranged controllable "immobalize". It's just fitting in SV playstyle.

1) I was talking just about PvP
    2) Traps. Also, on top of Improved Wing Clip immobalize + Entrapment + Counterattack, you get another ranged controllable "immobalize". It's just fitting in SV playstyle.
    Fair enough