Thread: Epic lock nerf?

Epic lock nerf?

* Bane of Agony damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Bane of Doom damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Corruption damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Death Coil damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Drain Life damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Drain Soul damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Immolate damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Incinerate damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Rain of Fire damage has been increased to be more comparable to other area-of-effect abilities.
    * Searing Pain damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Seed of Corruption damage has been reduced to be more comparable to other area-of-effect abilities.
    * Shadowbolt damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Soul Fire damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.

To be honnest i dont think its lock that needs nerfing i think its mage, please somebody give me some insight to the beautiful wisdom that blizz has?

Thanks <3

Deleted
    Geez.. how many of these thread... It's only for players 1-79. Wont effect 80+ so dont get too excited.

Two words: Scaling.

Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post
    Geez.. how many of these thread... It's only for players 1-79. Wont effect 80+ so dont get too excited.
    Actually, this one is not just 1-79.

Warlocks were doing too much damage on Beta.

Now they're not.

It affects all spells not just 1-79. There had already been various showing the balancing, you can also go to wowhead and see the tooltips that show the dmg changes to all levels not just 1-79.

Copypasting from my reply on another thread:
    ____________________________________________________________________________

1: We knew it was coming. A long time ago.

2: We knew why it was coming. (Because the state of things from 4.0.1 to now was balanced for level 80 and level 80 only, leaving things crazily out-of-whack at any other level)

3: We know that at 85 it's fairly well balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the nerf isn't as big a deal as some make it out to be, your post is inaccurate and you should be flogged. It's a 12% nerf all around, and it affects 1-85.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Class Balancing != Nerf. Warlocks were doing too much dmg compared to some others. Locks are NOT the only class to get nerfed, nor will they be the last.

How many times does one have to say the same god damn thing to get it through the thick skulled Neanderthals that play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    Copypasting from my reply on another thread:
    ____________________________________________________________________________

1: We knew it was coming. A long time ago.

2: We knew why it was coming. (Because the state of things from 4.0.1 to now was balanced for level 80 and level 80 only, leaving things crazily out-of-whack at any other level)

3: We know that at 85 it's fairly well balanced.
    thats the first ive seen/heard of it but ohwell thanks for answers guysss

QQ moar, go look at warrior changes, they got almost a 17% nerf across the board, 17 > 12.

If they needed them or not i don't really know and tbh i don't really care. Do i like doing less damage? Nope. Do i trust the developers have the best intentions and try their best to make their game as fun and balanced as possible? Yup. So stop complaining untill you've worked 1000+ hours at Blizzard and know wtf you're talking about.

Wrong.

Those changes were done to balance them at 80-85. That's why are specified in the note in addition to the general 1-79 change.
    If those would be 1-79 changes, there would not have been a need for them to be put in the notes.

Deleted
    BASE damage is NOT the same as total damage.

It works out as about a 4 - 5% nerf I think, but regardless, the actual "nerf" (the proper term is "Balancing") is much lower than 12%

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    While the nerf isn't as big a deal as some make it out to be, your post is inaccurate and you should be flogged. It's a 12% nerf all around, and it affects 1-85.
    this its not a big nerf at all since its a nerf to base damage, the spells will all scale with spell power the same way they did before, sure locks will loose a bit of damage but its not a lot at all, 80% of people (god don't you just love how you can pretty much make up statistics :P) will see the 12% damage nerf in the notes come to the forums, bitch about it before playing then not actually notice the difference in damage while actually playing.

This nerf has been long coming, considering it happened in a beta build very soon after 4.0.1 went live. And if you don't believe Warlocks were doing too much damage, you're severely deluded. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of the Warlock damage levels, considering my Destro Lock is my PvP main, but being able to 3 shot pretty much even wrathful geared healers before they even had a chance to realize what was going on was a bit OP. Not that I didn't take advantage of it while I could. The only thing I don't agree with on the change was it being applied to level 85, as well, considering the much larger health pools, the whole '3 shotting people' scenario wouldn't be happening in the first place, but with the lower health pools for level 80, it was definitely needed. I will say however, that Warlocks are still in a very good place at level 85 even after this 12% nerf, having played the Beta myself, and so there's nothing to worry about.

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 04:37 PM ----------

And what the others said. It was a nerf to base damage, so it works out to be a bit less than 12%, and really not all that detrimental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you not read what they are doing to Arcane mages...

* Arcane Blast now increases damage of the next Arcane Blast by 10% per stack, down from 20%, reduces cast time by 0.1 seconds per stack, and increases the mana cost by 150%, down from 175%. In addition, the base cast time of Arcane Blast has been lowered to 2.35 seconds.

If you have Read about Arcane mastery or have not i'll remind you, we get a damage bonus based on having more Mp.

So now AB's stack doing less damage, Cast faster, with a minimal amount of Cost reduction.

YAY us, we can cast more AB's faster that do less damage... wait... no wait... thats counter intuitive to our Mastery.

It would be like all the healers Mastery being changed so their heals heals for more on targets over 80% health.

What about warriors lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors did look to the get the short straw.