Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The truth about Garrosh killing Cairne

"Cairne Bloodhoof, High Chieftan of the Tauren, under the impression that Garrosh has deliberately undermined an attempt to peacefully obtain resources from Ashenvale, challenges Garrosh to a duel in Orgrimmar. Cairne is defeated, and it is later revealed that Magatha Grimtotem deliberately poisoned Garrosh's blade, and that the poison incapacitated Cairne allowing Garrosh to slay him." -WoWWiki

http://www.wowwiki.com/Garrosh_Hellscream

Its Garrosh's axe that delivers the final blow. The poison only paralyzed Cairne. This half breed ogre is just plain stupid.

"ogre-headed buffoon" -Sylvanas <- Thumbs up

Garrosh's letter to Magatha after he realized what she did was priceless.
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

Deleted
    well but, if there wasnt the posion cairne would have blocked the blow and killed garrosh, which i would have given a f*ck about.

Cairne ftw.
    Standing right infront of him right now :/

Edit: Yeah also think about the letter he sent magatha. He seems to be at least a little clever

What is the deal with this letter? Link please!

Garrosh would of won anyway without the poison. Just to show what a bad leader he is. He declares war on Alliance and yet its Alliance armies that are on the doorstep of the Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Thetakedown View Post
    Garrosh would of won anyway without the poison. Just to show what a bad leader he is. He declares war on Alliance and yet its Alliance armies that are on the doorstep of the Horde
    Read the book, Garrosh was losing badly before he managed to nick Cairne with poisoned Gorehowl.

"unto elder crone magatha of the grimtotem,
    Acting warchief of the horde Garrosh Hellscream,
    sends his most sincere wishes for a slow and painful death."

"it has come to my attention that you have deprived me of a rightful kill.
    Cairne Bloodhoof was a hero of the horde, and an honorable member of a usually honorable race. it is with disgust and anger that i discover you have caused me to bring about his death through accidental treachery. such tactics may work well for your renegade honorless tribe and alliance scum , but i despise them . it was my wish to fight Cairne fairly and win or lose by my own skill or lack of it. Now i shall never know, and the cry of traitor will dog my steps until such time as i can sport your head on a pike and point to you as the real traitor .

So... no . i will not be sending any truehearted orcs to fight alongside your treacherous, belly-crawling tribe. Your victory or your defeat is in the hands of your earth mother now . either way, I look forward to hearing of your demise.
    you are on your own Magatha, as friendless and disliked as you have ever been. perhaps more, Enjoy your loneliness."

Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post

Cairne Bloodhoof was a hero of the horde, and an honorable member of a usually honorable race. it is with disgust and anger that i discover you have caused me to bring about his death through accidental treachery. such tactics may work well for your renegade honorless tribe and alliance scum , but i despise them . it was my wish to fight Cairne fairly and win or lose by my own skill or lack of it. Now i shall never know, and the cry of traitor will dog my steps until such time as i can sport your head on a pike and point to you as the real traitor .

So... no . i will not be sending any truehearted orcs to fight alongside your treacherous, belly-crawling tribe. Your victory or your defeat is in the hands of your earth mother now . either way, I look forward to hearing of your demise.
    you are on your own Magatha, as friendless and disliked as you have ever been. perhaps more, Enjoy your loneliness."
    Her reading this and reaction were the best parts of that book.

"Cairne Bloodhoof, High Chieftan of the Tauren, under the impression that Garrosh has deliberately undermined an attempt to peacefully obtain resources from Ashenvale, challenges Garrosh to a duel in Orgrimmar. Cairne is defeated, and it is later revealed that Magatha Grimtotem deliberately poisoned Garrosh's blade, and that the poison incapacitated Cairne allowing Garrosh to slay him." -WoWWiki
    Cairne challenges Garrosh for leadership of the Horde.

Garrosh says it must be a battle to the death.

Cairne agrees.

Let me add some emphasis to that.

CAIRNE AGREES TO A DUEL TO THE DEATH.

Cairne was going to die. It is a sad truth.

However, Garrosh thinks it an insult to his own honor when he finds out the match was rigged by Magatha.

10+ Year Old Account
    The letter did make me respect Garrosh alil more.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Cairne agrees.

However, Garrosh thinks it an insult to his own honor when he finds out the match was rigged by Magatha.
    Cairne was winning though. Literally the only thing that spared Garrosh from death was the poison on Gorehowl.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Read the book, Garrosh was losing badly before he managed to nick Cairne with poisoned Gorehowl.
    If that's true, just adds to his fail. Most likely the way it will end is with Saurfang or Varian fighting him in a 1v1 and killing him. Most likely it will be Varian, since Saurfang cant kill a warchief and still retain his honor. Then Varian will have mercy on the Horde and not kill every Horde member and throw their corpses into the pit of hell where they came, then crap into the whole (though i would love that). He will be like "Saurfang, you are an orc with true Honor. As King of the Alliance I declare you the new Warchief of the Horde, let there be peace between us." WoW ends.

this is like very old news, i don't know what your point is? but here the fact "Garrosh is your Leader now" Deal with it, I only see two thing you can do about it.

1) roll alliance
    2) quit wow

Next time Search before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the bell did she manage to poison Garish''s weapon anyway, I can imagine he hugs that thing in his sleep.

Not too bad for my first post on my HTC. Only 3 mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    How the bell did she manage to poison Garish''s weapon anyway, I can imagine he hugs that thing in his sleep.

Under the rules of the Mok'gorah or whatever it's called, each weapon may be blessed by a shaman. Magatha offered to bless garrosh's and poisoned it instead. The only reason it was found out was because the Kor'kron moved in and recovered the weapons and Cairne's body before Magatha could hide the evidence

To be honest even if Gorehowl was not poisoned, it did shatter Cairne's runespear when he attempted to parry Garrosh.

He was, at that point weaponless (well, he did have a tiny pointed stick now...) and and the advantage did fall greatly in Garrosh's favor at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest even if Gorehowl was not poisoned, it did shatter Cairne's runespear when he attempted to parry Garrosh.

He was, at that point weaponless (well, he did have a tiny pointed stick now...) and and the advantage did fall greatly in Garrosh's favor at that point.
    Don't underestimate Cairne's dropkick :P

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Cairne agrees.

Because of what he did to Garrosh he had no choice but to accept - He backhanded him in front of the whole population of Grommash Hold and accusing him of the murders of the druids and the sentinels (something that went against Garrosh's honor).

Because of THAT Garrosh insists on the old rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post

The weapon of each fighter in the mak'gora gets blessed by a shaman and coated in sacred oil (just as the fighters body). That's how she managed to get the poison on.

Remainders of the poison that turned black after the fight was over for hours was only discovered because Magatha failed to secure Gorehowl due to the Kor'kron snatching it up right after the fight (Aperantly Garrosh didn't take it with him).

Deleted
    Then Varian will have mercy on the Horde and not kill every Horde member and throw their corpses into the pit of hell where they came, then crap into the whole (though i would love that).
    You mean when we, the Horde, will clean our boots on the corpses of your insignificant humans and make you work on the field as slaves while you watch the ravaged corpse of your beloved Varian being eaten by crows?

M'yes, I quite think that shall be the outcome!

ok good, people made it sound like garrosh was thanking maga. Now i like Garrosh a little more-kill that treacherous dog!