Gnomish/Goblin engineering

I've been searching for information on this and have yet to find anything conclussive.
    Does anyone know if there will be any significant differences between the two specs of engineering in Cataclysm?

They have removed the specializations, haven't they?

ATM there are no differences between the spec, besides what we got in wrath.. so atm gnomish > goblin (we get some nailgun thingy instead of bombs) so thermal sappers are kiinda worthless.. oh well can only hope for some patch stuff for us : )

A nailgun you say? :O

I've been looking for some news or a preview of the engineering profession.

I want to know what my new toys are!

Thanks for the quick feedback. Perhaps i should reroll gnomish then, nailgun sounds awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Sounds interesting. But i do think the bombs will stay my favorit, as i use them alot in BG's to detect rogues that i hear the "Swooooosh" sound with. Just throw a bomb, and watch them spring/CoS/vanish :P

10+ Year Old Account
    i got goblin engineering, is there a way to change to gnomish without having to level it again to 450?

I don't think the nail gun is gnomish spec, I thought it was also required as a tool for some recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Zaquel View Post
    Hmm. Sounds interesting. But i do think the bombs will stay my favorit, as i use them alot in BG's to detect rogues that i hear the "Swooooosh" sound with. Just throw a bomb, and watch them spring/CoS/vanish :P
    The nail gun actually works exactly like the bombs, with a little targeting circle. Unfortunately, it also incurs a full GCD, instead of just the swing timer, but still. 0.5 second cast, so just like the bomb there.