[Stood in the Fire] Achievement in 4.0.3a?

Hello everyone, sorry if this was already answered but I could not find an answer. Does anyone happen to know if Deathwing will be making his round through the world this patch? Will it be in Cataclysm?

Yes.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    Yes.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    Source?
    Deathwing is now released from Deepholm, which means he will be carpet bombing the barrens and such until someone kills him in the final tier of raiding. I really don't feel like finding a source right now, but I'm positive it is true.

Edit: fine i won't be lazy http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...wing-is-coming

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

He was on the PTR, so I would assume yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also to lazy to find a source but Trispec is correct to my knowledge.

it was stated in one of boubouille's news posts a couple weeks ago, an interview as i recall. they said this would be when deathwings up and that the achieve is largely luck, because by the time you get to the zone he is in he's likely to be gone already

edit:
    /point at trispec for posting while i was typing
    Last edited by pyriel; 2010-11-23 at 03:51 PM.

He randomly goes around azeroth setting things on fire. This achievement really comes down to luck, you cant really wait in one zone for him. On the PTR I was questing in 1k needles and a bunch of people starting saying they just saw him in the barrens =\

Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    He randomly goes around azeroth setting things on fire. This achievement really comes down to luck, you cant really wait in one zone for him. On the PTR I was questing in 1k needles and a bunch of people starting saying they just saw him in the barrens =\
    Yup, I was there in the Barrens when it happened. Everyone was freaking out.

Deleted
    "Without warning, the corrupted Dragon Aspect, Deathwing, erupted from the stone heart of Deepholm, the domain of earth within the Elemental Plane. Jagged fissures were torn across the earth, and monstrous waves pummeled coastal regions. From Thousand Needles to the Blasted Lands, the surface of Azeroth was reforged through violent upheavals. Now, the Horde and the Alliance must defend their homes against Deathwing and his minions, burdened by the unsettling fact that the world as they know it has changed... forever."

Its in the patch notes on the main page of mmo... Deathwing comes with this patch, its the Shattering.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Yup, I was there in the Barrens when it happened. Everyone was freaking out.
    Hah! I was in 1k needles enjoying my very own riverboat in my Bloodsail Buccaneer outfit.

How long does he stay in the zones? Does he just fly over them once and breaths fire? Or will he be in a zone for like 15 minutes and if you go near him, he will kill you?
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Knegoff View Post
    How long does he stay in the zones? Does he just fly over them once and breaths fire? Or will he be in a zone for like 15 minutes and if you go near him, he will kill you?
    I watched a video not too long ago and it showed Deathwing yelling and slowly flying over an area. The fire he breathes stays there for a fair amount of time so I don't think you have to be standing right where he breathes fire at the same moment.

For some reason my sentence confused me, but I hope it helped anyway. >_<

Yes. I got killed by him once in the Blasted Lands and saw him flying by me once in the Southern Barrens on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    Common knowledge.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Knegoff View Post
    Not very long. If you're in the zone, you should be able to get in the way and get the achievement. If you're in another zone and get the call that Deathwing has appeared in guild chat, you probably won't make it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    Not very long. If you're in the zone, you should be able to get in the way and get the achievement. If you're in another zone and get the call that Deathwing has appeared in guild chat, you probably won't make it in time.
    Deathwing strafes thru the zone randomly and kills anyone in his path. You cannot die from the fire trail he leaves behind. You MUST be in the initial blast from his face. You can see him. The source is, I was there in the beta. I also was MISSED by him in arathi highlands 2 hours ago when he came thru. He hasn't been back since and i've been sitting here waiting for him. It only lasts as long as it takes for him to fly from one side of the zone to the other and that's it. Then he's gone. Takes about 15 - 20 seconds. No time to call in friends.

Drenden Server