Deleted

Samsung 40" wall-mounted. Keyboard etc razer stuff. Monitor backlighting for more blue led-ness.

I'd go into computer specs but I honestly have no clue about that stuff.

Edit: sorry about my bad cellphone cam.

[mod warning: Pictures need to be under 800pixel in width]
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-09-24 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkensennin View Post
    Samsung 40" wall-mounted. Keyboard etc razer stuff. Monitor backlighting for more blue led-ness.

I'd go into computer specs but I honestly have no clue about that stuff.

Edit: sorry about my bad cellphone cam.
    I'm incredibly jealous >_> That makes my 22" look like a gnome

10+ Year Old Account
    What is that Razer mat? It's like a mousepad...but covers almost half the desk o_O
    Some kind of gaming mat?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    What is that Razer mat? It's like a mousepad...but covers almost half the desk o_O
    Some kind of gaming mat?
    Goliathus extended control edition. Basically it keeps you keyboard still while you mash away I only use mine for typing though, gaming happens with the keypad.

@Mod: Sorry, missed that somehow, won't happen again. ^^"

@conq: only problem I'm having is when I bought it I forgot to check for over 100hz one, when alot of textures are going on, I get flickers.
    I'm guessing that's because 60hz isn't enough to keep up or somthing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong/tell me how to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkensennin View Post
    Goliathus extended control edition. Basically it keeps you keyboard still while you mash away I only use mine for typing though, gaming happens with the keypad.

@Mod: Sorry, missed that somehow, won't happen again. ^^"

@conq: only problem I'm having is when I bought it I forgot to check for over 100hz one, when alot of textures are going on, I get flickers.
    I'm guessing that's because 60hz isn't enough to keep up or somthing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong/tell me how to fix.
    What's the resolution on a screen that big?

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    What's the resolution on a screen that big?
    1920*1080.

Yea.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    1920*1080.

Yea.
    Not sure why, but that makes me sad. I was surely expecting a *x1600 resolution

it's a TV, why it would be more than 1080p ?

TVs are rarely 16:10. TVs also "usually" cap out at 1080p.
    But, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0028&Tpk=u3011 if you want to feast in a goodlooking 2560*1600 monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    TVs are rarely 16:10. TVs also "usually" cap out at 1080p.
    But, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0028&Tpk=u3011 if you want to feast in a goodlooking 2560*1600 monitor.
    If only I could, that costs more than my PC does. Currently using an acer X233H

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If only I could, that costs more than my PC does. Currently using an acer X233H
    See the trick is to never have children then you will have more than enough money for expensive electronics

Deleted
    Planning on plugging in my ps3/x360 into it some day, and those to my knowing don't go higher than 1920*1080, and if the ratio is anything but 16:9 the picture is stretched.

And honestly, I didn't know a higher resolution existed, nor could I have afforded it. Anyhoo, I was mad when a week later I saw the exact same tv half the price..
    Curse you electronics manufacturers and your constantly appearing new models.

Best part is in WoW I can shrink down my ui/zoom out all the way and still see what's going on, in a way giving me alot of free space in the screen, even though it is in a way the same size as a smaller screen, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    See the trick is to never have children then you will have more than enough money for expensive electronics
    Nah, I want kids eventually, maybe like 5 years when my life is stable. I'm in my last year of college atm

and those to my knowing don't go higher than 1920*1080, and if the ratio is anything but 16:9 the picture is stretched.
    both ps3 and x360 support 16:10 and 4:3 without problems. It can be tuned in video settings of the console

I game on my new HP Dv6-6140us laptop. It will play every game currently out at acceptable levels and only cost $599. You can look up the specs but I'll post some here.

AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon HD6620G graphics built in
    6 GB dual channel DDR3-1333 RAM, 512 MB dedicated to the graphics chip
    640 GB HDD
    BluRay player
    15.6 inch screen @ 1366 X 768 resolution
    Beats audio and 4 built in speakers

I am playing WoW at an average framerate of 75, (It ranges from 30 by the SW AH on a busy day to 150 in other areas.) DiRT3 with a mixture of high and medium settings with 4X AA and low tessellation in DX11 at 40 fps, LOTRO on high DX11 settings, and COD2. It blew through Crysis and according to Can You Run It, will play anything out there and exceeds recommended requirements on 90% of things.

[mod edit: User was infracted for this post - You are welcome to play with whatever you like, but how people spend their money for their hobbies is their decision.]
    Last edited by Dch48; 2011-09-24 at 10:39 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    both ps3 and x360 support 16:10 and 4:3 without problems. It can be tuned in video settings of the console
    I died a little inside, wish I knew that earlier. And 4:3 isn't an option. But now I know, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    LOL at the massive wastes of money I see here. I game on my new HP Dv6-6140us laptop. It will play every game currently out at acceptable levels and only cost $599. You can look up the specs but I'll post some here.

AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon HD6620G graphics built in
    6 GB dual channel DDR3-1333 RAM, 512 MB dedicated to the graphics chip
    640 GB HDD
    BluRay player
    15.6 inch screen @ 1366 X 768 resolution
    Beats audio and 4 built in speakers

I am playing WoW at an average framerate of 75, (It ranges from 30 by the SW AH on a busy day to 150 in other areas.) DiRT3 with a mixture of high and medium settings with 4X AA and low tessellation in DX11 at 40 fps, LOTRO on high DX11 settings, and COD2. It blew through Crysis and according to Can You Run It, will play anything out there and exceeds recommended requirements on 90% of things.
    That's no reason to accuse people of wasting money and making them sound like fools, it's their money, they can do what they want with it.
    As long as you're happy with your little laptop with integrated graphics that can "blow through Crysis", that's all that really matters
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    LOL at the massive wastes of money I see here.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but it adds nothing constructive to the forum or this post to come in here (a Computer forum) and bash enthusiasts for how they choose to spend their money as it is entirely up to them.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-09-24 at 10:00 PM.

I never intended to "bash" anybody. I spend on things other people would consider foolish too. I'm sorry if anybody took it that way but it wasn't intended. I'm impressed by some of the rigs described here but it's just not my thing.

I took out the only part that anybody could take as "bashing".
    Last edited by Dch48; 2011-09-24 at 10:37 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Get some new speakers for that set up! They do not seem to blend in with the rest of it.
    Those are some pretty amazing speaker i must say i agree they are not the most bad ass looking sets .. but the sound ... its all about the sound those are very rare those day and were made when KRK was still a real studio speaker business ,,,, peace