Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84 View Post
    Aight then, let's see what you lot think then (and yes, I know it's overkill for pretty much anything out there right now :P) I did some of these specs from memory, I can't seem to find the exact brands and stuff anymore... But the most important thing for me was to build something that would last several years, but at the same time be quiet. Some GPUs make an excessive amount of noise, but I succeeded in the noise department. So here goes:

Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840 with 2 extra fans
    Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
    CPU: Intel i7-2600k (I compared this with the i5 for a while, but it doesn't look like the difference is very big so I went with the e-peen option)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
    RAM: 8 gigs (don't remember the brand, it's probably too cheap to fully utilise the mobo and stuff like that xD Not that I run applications that even need 8 gigs...)
    Harddisk: 180 gig OCZ Vertex 2 SSD + Hitachi HDS722020ALA330
    GPU: MSi GeForce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II OC x 2
    Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion (getting it to work was a complete nightmare btw)
    Speakers: Logitech Z906
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster S27A550H
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B123L
    PSU: 1k watt, a Club3D one I think.

And to top it off I have a cheap, standard keyboard and mouse.

I think that's about it. You may now unleash the superior eyes of the all-mighty über-nerd on my inferior system specs :P

PS: I'll see if I can dig up some pics and find some place to upload them.
    Quoting myself here with an attempt to post the pics. The third one refuses to rotate, even though it looks fine on my PC, and imgur apparently can't make heads or tails of it either. There's always one... Hope these are small enough now, I'm not wizard enough to do this any other way, so it's still too big I'll take the infraction :P They're all smaller than 640x480.

Last edited by mmoc44b549a6e8; 2011-11-15 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Made pictures smaller

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice... although you may want to downsize the thumbnails a little :P

Which I had a nice big case like that *

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84 View Post
    Quoting myself here with an attempt to post the pics. The first one refuses to rotate, even though it looks fine on my PC, and imgur apparently can't make heads or tails of it either. There's always one...
    Looking good! Although I would try and thumbnail the pictures and link to the full version: as I think they're too big for the forum rules! :O
    Considering that was your first build you did a nice job at cable management and general cleanness inside

edit: damn my brain delay: disregard my redundant picture size statement.

Picture size is probably the one time I promote backseat moderation.
    I hate having to infract people for that, but hey. I'm the poh-lees 'round deese beets.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Prefilled liquidcoolers saving space inside the case? Colour me doubtful.
    There is more space where I need it, where the radiator is mounted is not a place that you normally need to acces, while the space next to the PCU is often block by normal air cooler, in a way that if you want to add more ram or play around for w/e reason it is just more difficult anyway personal opinion, and I might replace teh jet engine corsair provide with the H80 for 2 140mm fan (those that fits into 120mm fan spot yay)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Great cable management! Carbide is overall such a great case for the price...and that has to be the first time I've seen the CPU cut-out extend further than the mobo :O you could've probably pushed the 24-pin power cable through that gap! Did the case come with that bottom fan or did you install it yourself? Hope it has a filter, sitting on the floor like that the case could suck up a lot of dust pretty quickly.
    Earthwatts 650w is a solid PSU but I don't think it'll power two 7000 series GPU's, you'll have to upgrade that.

Also looking at the general choice of monitors around here, I have to conclude that Syncmasters RULE \m/

You're only flaming yourself here nobody else is going to do it, really (not without getting infracted/banned anyway). Have you seen any flaming in this thread? I thought not. So post specs and pics NOW or I will FLAME YOU with my burning red signature/avatar! Hssssssss
    Y eah I plan to get a modular seasonic 850W PSU, the gap make me feel to tight, and the bottom fan was the 120mm exhaust fan that came with the case(2 fan came with the H80 so i just re-used it) yes there a dust filter.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    and I might replace teh jet engine corsair provide with the H80 for 2 140mm fan (those that fits into 120mm fan spot yay)
    Scythe Slip Stream 140 mm PWM? Have used them. A bit awkward to fit, but a good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Scythe Slip Stream 140 mm PWM? Have used them. A bit awkward to fit, but a good performance.
    for the lulz (corsair+noctua ahah) this FAN might turn out to be a really good choice

Or a xigmatek

The xigmatek look really promising.
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2011-11-15 at 09:19 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have one of these: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16835233054

It's pretty good and rather quiet, it's on the back of my case.

I have one of these two, just to shed light on some more Xigmatek fans....

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16835233075

It's damn near silent! :O And I just love how the fan looks, like not even turned on, just so clean and crystal clear.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

(<)18 dBA. Hm.

Also, they are still LED, so one would have to cut that line.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    1) Your Flat-Panel TV is well.... FLAT... it doesn't curve.... So seeing stuff at the edges becomes an issue if you plan to be less than 3m away....
    2) Your Flat-Panel TV will likely only have at best a 1920 x 1080 resolution compared to the 3456 x 1680 in the picture you quoted.
    3) Your Flat-Panel TV will have terrible response times for gaming.

Granted, most people would generally opt for slimmer/no bezel but that's not very often possible. I myself tend to overlap the bezels. It takes some getting used to ... but I find it preferable to a large black "gap"
    Good points. I would need to look at how big a difference points 2 and 3 make.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the LEDs, since the majority of them, and the window of my case face completely away from me, so I don't have them facing me typically. Plus, with it being on top, you have to get at like a 45 degree angle to see it all that well, so since I'm almost eye-level with the top of my case, it doesn't bother me at all, it looks like a black case, no lights. :P Here's a pic:

If you zoom in to the full size of the image, you can see me talking shit about Cata heroics with a guildie in Rift. hehe

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 09:59 PM ----------

The only quarrel I have with the 200mm fan is it only has screw holes for one side of the fan, not on both like the 140mm and most other fans. Other than that, it's an excellent fan.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Ugh, at least mine doesn't induce headaches...

What's the solar charger for?
    The solar charger is for my phone since the battery doesn't even hold for a day >.>

Deleted
    Case- Thermaltake armor+
    PSU- Tagan 1300w
    OS- Windows 7 64x Ultimate sp1
    Mobo- ASUS P6T deluxe
    CPU- Intel Core i7 990x extreme 4.5GHZ
    Heat Sink- Skyte mugen 2
    RAM- Corsair XMS3 12GB tripple channel
    GPU- XFX HD5970 4GB BE Limited edition
    HD 1- Intel SSD 80gb
    HD 2- WD 3tb
    HD 3- WD 3tb

Keyboard- Logitech G110
    Monitors - 2 Samsung UE46D5720 and 1 samsung UE46D5000
    Mouse- Razer Naga

Speakers- Some decent Logitec speakers
    HeadSet- Logitech G35

Pics:

here's a screenshot of the 4,5 GHZ i7 990x with cpu-z and realtemp GT for temperatures

[IMG=http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2733/fixedq.jpg][/IMG]

( removed some stuff on the last screenshot during private reasons in facebook :P )
    Last edited by mmoc935516b60d; 2011-11-16 at 01:59 AM. Reason: The rule about <800 pixels applies to several pictures in-line as well. :)

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Hi McFrotton is about to show you is little baby YAY 2 weeks old build. Enjoy! (deleted my first reply and made the picture appear at a good size now )
    Looks very nice. Did you have any trouble with getting all the cables of the Antec EW psu out of the way? I bought a non modular Corsair TX650 for $76 and right now there is a fully modular Seasonic 650w on newegg for $100. I am tempted to send the corsair back for the seasonic, anyone think its a waste of money?

The Carbide 400r looks sweet I should have bought it when it was on sale for $70 AR.

This setup will be landing in my house in about 2 to 4 days <3.

Intel Core i7 '2600K'(4x 3.40GHz) Sandy Bridge
    24x Graveur DVD DL, SATA, Multi Format
    NVIDIA GEFORCE® GTX 560 Ti 1024Mo Marque ASUS
    8Go RAM DDR3 Kingston Memory
    ASUS P8P67 Rev.3 (B3)
    1000GB HDD SATA-3 Western Digital
    550 Watt Alimentation BeQuiet System Power
    Cooler CPU Scythe KATANA 2.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Quote Originally Posted by hurley84 View Post
    Looks very nice. Did you have any trouble with getting all the cables of the Antec EW psu out of the way? I bought a non modular Corsair TX650 for $76 and right now there is a fully modular Seasonic 650w on newegg for $100. I am tempted to send the corsair back for the seasonic, anyone think its a waste of money?

The Carbide 400r looks sweet I should have bought it when it was on sale for $70 AR.
    The Seasonic is a better piece of unit for sure.
    However, it would not allow anyone to run things they would not on the TX650w.

HOWEVER. the Seasonic being modular is a pure JOY.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katellia View Post
    This setup will be landing in my house in about 2 to 4 days <3.

Intel Core i7 '2600K'(4x 3.40GHz) Sandy Bridge
    24x Graveur DVD DL, SATA, Multi Format
    NVIDIA GEFORCE® GTX 560 Ti 1024Mo Marque ASUS
    8Go RAM DDR3 Kingston Memory
    ASUS P8P67 Rev.3 (B3)
    1000GB HDD SATA-3 Western Digital
    550 Watt Alimentation BeQuiet System Power
    Cooler CPU Scythe KATANA 2.
    Great setup but I'd probably skip on the Katana 2 (unless you already own it) and get a Corsair A70, Hyper212+ or Scythe Mugen II.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Great setup but I'd probably skip on the Katana 2 (unless you already own it) and get a Corsair A70, Hyper212+ or Scythe Mugen II.
    That cooler is included and I can't change it myself as it was a deal on E-bay . Is the Katana 2 not good then or?

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be good enough to get a moderate OC out of the chip, it's hard to find an aftermarket cooler that won't do that job.
    Hope you're running apps that make proper use of hyperthreading.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Not intending to do overclocking if that's what you mean . Yea the CPU might be a bit much, but it was only 20 euros more expensive with the graphics card I wanted, so thought may as well be prepared for the future .