Mobo: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE B3 DDR3 S-1155
    CPU: i5 2500k 3.3GHz
    GPU: ATI Raedon 5770 Series i think.
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600M Kingston HyperX
    HDD: 1TB Samsung HDD
    PSU: 750W Energon
    Random Samsung DVD Drive

Ooold Case, don't even know the brand.

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster, a few years old. can't remember the exact name.

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Mouse: Razer Naga

Made a huge Upgrade a few weeks back, changing Mobo, PSU, Ram and CPU at first, found out the Mobo didn't support my old HDD or Disc Drive, so had to buy that as well. Only old thing is the GPU.
    Last edited by mmoc95de20d6cc; 2011-11-16 at 01:49 PM.

Mobo: ASRock Extreme4 Gen 3
    CPU: Intel 2600k 3.8GHz
    CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O 620
    GPU: EVGA 460 GTX 1G (x2)
    RAM: 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance
    SSD: Crucial M4 64GB
    HDD: unknown crap (250GB 7200 RPM)
    PSU: Corsair 750W

Monitor: 22 Inch LG Flatron

Keyboard: Logitech G15
    Mouse: Razer Naga (normal blue edition)

Upgraded about a month ago for BF3, and this thing is extremely fast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthuhlu View Post
    Upgraded about a month ago for BF3, and this thing is extremely fast
    Neat-o! Experienced any issues with your 460's in BF3 or all gone fairly smooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Katellia View Post
    Not intending to do overclocking if that's what you mean
    Why do people buy K-series CPU's (K = unlocked multiplier = for overclockers) when they never intend to overclock, I've never understood this. Are you OK with the fact that people are getting the same performance as your CPU while paying literally 30-40% less?
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-11-16 at 02:07 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Neat-o! Experienced any issues with your 460's in BF3 or all gone fairly smooth?

Why do people buy K-series CPU's (K = unlocked multiplier = for overclockers) when they never intend to overclock, I've never understood this. Are you OK with the fact that people are getting the same performance as your CPU while paying literally 30-40% less?
    With some stores there is actually no price difference.... and just because they have no intention of Overclocking, doesn't mean they won't eventually do it. To be honest... I'd rather pay the £5 extra and have the option than not and regret it in a year or two when I change my mind.

Plus you know... i7-2600k sounds wayy better than i5-2500 or i7-2600

Like I said, it was mainly due to the graphics card that I found it too much of a good deal to actually let it slip by. Also like Djinni mentions, who knows I might think of OC'ing it in the future and having the possibilty to do so.

edit: not going to OC before the warranty expires though. Don't wanna end up losing warranty due to overclocking...
    Last edited by Ayarea; 2011-11-16 at 03:07 PM.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

I'm pretty darn sure that CPU overclocking is covered by warranty, unless you do something hilariously stupid of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm pretty darn sure that CPU overclocking is covered by warranty, unless you do something hilariously stupid of course.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overclocking

No

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know only GPU overclocking is covered by warranty, that too only by Asus DCII cards which are voltage-locked so it's impossible to break one via overclocking. I think MSI Twin Frozr may support it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm pretty sure quite a few things about tinkering inside the BIOS will void it, provided they haven't changed anything since Lynnfield.

LLC for instance is an instant dealbreaker.

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 05:02 PM ----------

As far as I know only GPU overclocking is supported, that too only by Asus DCII cards which are voltage-locked so it's impossible to break one via overclocking.
    Depends on the manufacturer. ASUS allows this only if using the ASUS smartdoctor tool (which is awful btw).
    XFX and eVGA have (had at least) a policy of 'no questions asked' regarding overclocking.

Hmmm fair enough, I was always under the assumption that overclocking meant that you would lose warranty. I got 2 years warranty on the entire system at the shop at least. To be perfectly honest I've had such bad luck with components dying in the past (not due to overclocking - I've admittedly never done that), that I'm afraid I might "lure" out a nuclear melt down within the pc by doing so ._./.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Quote Originally Posted by PJSand View Post
    CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
    Motherboard - ASUS M4A88T-V EVO USB3
    PSU - Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500-Watt
    RAM - 8GB(2x4GB) Kingston 1333MHz DDR3
    HDD - WD Caviar Blue 320GB, 7200rpm
    Case - Thermaltake Armor A60 Mid-Tower
    OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    DVD/CD Drive - Lite-On IHAS124-04 DVD Writer
    Monitor - Acer S202HL 20" LED
    GPU - XFX Radeon HD 6770
    Keyboard - Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
    Mouse - Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000
    So I got a new video card (XFX Radeon HD 6770) and I was planning on cleaning up my cables when I installed it. I had a huge pack of small, black zip-ties in my toolbox, and I used a LOT of them. Results below. It was killing me to have everything all over the place. Still not perfect, but a ton better.

Before:

After:

Huh. I remember wrong then. :<

Quote Originally Posted by hurley84 View Post
    Looks very nice. Did you have any trouble with getting all the cables of the Antec EW psu out of the way? I bought a non modular Corsair TX650 for $76 and right now there is a fully modular Seasonic 650w on newegg for $100. I am tempted to send the corsair back for the seasonic, anyone think its a waste of money?

The Carbide 400r looks sweet I should have bought it when it was on sale for $70 AR.
    There is plenty of space to hide all extra cable but a modualr unit for about 25 $ more is a good deal imo. and corsair psu are seasonic rebranded so its 25 for the same thing BUT MODULAR take it. imo I will go for 850w corsair or seasonic modular psu (when I will upgrade to a 7xxx crossfire setup)

I got my replacement XFX 6950 yesterday so I gave 3 monitors a try. After work I'm going to buy a monitor like the middle for the left side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the wonders of Eyefinity, great setup there
    It seems you need to run in windowed mode get it to work properly across 3 screens?

10+ Year Old Account
    CPU - I5 2500k @ 4.6 Ghz
    CPUcooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 plus
    Motherboard - P8P67-M PRO
    PSU - Sharkoon SilentStorm CM SHA660-135A (modular)
    RAM - 8GB(2x GEIL 2 GB DDR3 1600, 1x GEIL 4GB DDR 1600)
    HDD - Seagate ST1000NM0011 (1000gig, 7200RPM, 64MB - WD5000AAKS (500 gig, 7200RPM, 16MB)
    Case - HAF 912 plus
    OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    DVD/CD Drive - ASUS DRW-24B3ST
    Monitor - LG E2241 22" LED
    GPU - MSI GTX 650 ti TWIN FROZR OC'ed to 975 / 1950
    Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Mechanical Keyboard
    Mouse - Logitech G9x
    And my beloved Apple Hi-Fi as soundsystem <3

Last edited by Lockmybllz; 2011-11-18 at 03:29 PM.

Ah the wonders of Eyefinity, great setup there
    It seems you need to run in windowed mode get it to work properly across 3 screens?
    Are you asking about WoW? I always run it in windows mode.
    For Skyrim I wasn't running in widows mode but it is a pain to get it setup to work right.

I had just quickly set that up last night and I didn't have much time to mess around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by denominator View Post
    Hey guys! Just finished building up an HTPC/casual gaming rig: I figured I would post it here since I plan to play more laid back games such as WoW, Diablo, Skyrim, and the like from this machine, while leaving my main computer for more aggressive fps/rts games etc. This little baby will be hooked up to a 42" in my room as well as act as a media server for the rest of the household: all in all, it will have its hands full!

May as well start with the specs:
    Intel i5-2500k
    Biostar TH67+
    G.Skill RipJaw 8Gb DDR3 1333
    Gigabyte Radeon HD6850
    Coolermaster Silent Pro 700w
    Thermaltake Lanbox Lite
    Corsair H60
    WD Caviar Green 1TB

Full size image

Full size image

For more images and a build video you can check out this link: Click me please!
    Additional pictures are at the end of the video and the rest is actual build.

Once another piece of acrylic comes in at the local hardware store I intend to a similarly foggy window on the opposite side with a mesh window added into the middle for GPU air intake. I also intend to make a mesh enclosure around the side with the radiator to allow it to fit the rest of the case better.

Hope you guys enjoy
    Colin - TacticalTuna/Denominator
    Thread was dying down a bit
    Just an update: I picked another tabletop to extend my desk this afternoon. I'll edit this post once I have time to get everything moved in and take some pictures.

NEED MOAR BUILD PICTARS, POST PEOPLE

Deleted
    Thread dying down? Well, getting PC on monday, I'll make sure to spam it with pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Thread dying down? Well, getting PC on monday, I'll make sure to spam it with pictures!
    Good! Awesome! Amazing!
    Look forward to it