10+ Year Old Account
    tetris - From what I've been told, nVidia are going +100 series for changes/alterations/refinements to cards (400-500 series) and +200 for changes in architecture (like 200-400 was).
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Should only cost you around $500, go for it
    The HAF X costs ~1300 NOK. The 800D costs ~2000 NOK. Cosmos SII is around ~3000 NOK. TJ11 costs 4800 NOK...

Honestly, this is one of the few cases where I think it may very well be worth the price. It's a lot like the TJ11, but is more inexpensive and has a slightly different set of features where I think it needs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Honestly, this is one of the few cases where I think it may very well be worth the price.
    I definitely agree; with the Cosmos II being able to handle a dual-CPU motherboard, 10 PCI-E slots, a 360 and 240mm radiator, and 13 hard drive bays, all straight out of the box, $350 is very reasonable especially when you factor in the price of other XL-sized computer cases that can be used for workstations as well as gaming/enthusiast builds.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

I think that video managed to make me dislike the case. Mostly because I dislike that reviewer.

It looks decent, but that particular reviewer managed to get me more "Meh" rather than "Wow". I will see with real reviews before I make a comment.
    (With that said, it obviously has all the functions with support for many drives, good watercooling support, better than average air cooling (if you remove the top drive bay), support for many GPUs, multi CPU-rigs. But I don't feel the flair. It likely is very very well made in an engineering PoV, but I don't see its personality. Though, I'm 94% sure I'd love it if I'd build something in it, and be completely infatuated, but I don't have the enthusiasm beforehand. Perhaps too much hype? Looks to be the first non-Coolermastery case, which is obviously a good thing. I don't doubt it being fantastic. Just lacking in flair. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

Oh you, you're so tetris.

Honestly though, I don't handle listening to him usually either. I tend to just skip around like crazy. However, he did manage to make me like the 650D, and also make me curious about watercooling it. That got buzzkilled a bit when I discovered that someone had already tried what I was thinking and run into a hindrance: The 200mm fan mounts do not match any other ones.

Either I have to see if there are dorky solutions to this (the one I mentioned fixed it with industrial tape...) or if there will be clean solutions.

Deleted
    I totally agree with tetris; he seems to be way too easily impressed and as such not critical and cynical enough to be a good reviewer. I also dislike that there seems to be no planning or structure beforehand; it feels like he just talks and brings up stuff as he goes along. The mentioned review could probably be shortened down to around 10-15 minutes with a proper reviewing structure. I do like his accent though.

In either case, I am very impressed with the Cosmos II.

I certainly agree with that, Marest. He has an idea of direction of where to go, but that's the extent of his plan. In my opinion, it could have been shortened down to mere minutes in fact.

Also, holy crap! The case weighs 22 kilo according to dustinhome.no's description. That's crazy heavy.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-01-03 at 06:05 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to make you eat your words, Marest! :P Just check out this review of the NZXT H2 case and then after he got all sorts of flack and NZXT hated on him, he put it next to the tetrisGOAT case, the Fractal Design Define R3 and pointed out every single flaw where it tried to be the same case, but fell on its face.

I actually really liked these 2 videos, especially the second, because he more or less rips it apart and it really shows he has a clue what he is doing and he's not just here to be impressed. There are plenty of his reviews where he says it like it is and points out how flawed a product is.

And holy shit I WANT A COSMOS S2.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 07:10 PM ----------

And yes, I do kind of like his kinda off the wall way of doing things. Maybe it's because I'm a good bit like that as well, I just like to be able to sit back for a while, and sip on coffee. Feels like "Time with TTL." <3
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    it really shows he has a clue what he is doing and he's not just here to be impressed. There are plenty of his reviews where he says it like it is and points out how flawed a product is.
    I really like Overclock3D's reviews and it's very hard to find someone who does a more detailed and in-depth job on a Youtube hardware review than Tom does. When it comes to computer cases, if you watch the best of 2011 video, he points out that he is very critical when it comes to reviewing computer cases which is why a good amount of his Youtube reviews are on them.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Kristie, like I can understand people who don't like long reviews or when the reviewer just kind of goes at it in a casual way, honestly though, to me, it feels more personal. And more like, you're sitting there actually with him and having almost a conversation with him as he goes through it and goes like "ooh, look what I found!" I can appreciate reviewers who plan these things out, but honestly they aren't as enjoyable to watch. Guess it all depends on what your cup of tea is.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Well Deltrus, he might very well be knowledgeable and "have a clue", that doesn't change the facts that his review videos are very poorly structured. I can honestly not watch them without feeling overwhelmed by either off-topic remarks or just a dragged out discussion regarding a single feature that doesn't lead anywhere.

Further, I didn't mean that he is easily impressed, but that he seems to be easily impressed. The features he finds nice or impressive, he hypes out of the blue. Sure, it might very well be justified, but a reviewer should always try to stay as objective as possible. This leads to me finding the overall attitude in some of his comments completely lackluster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, Marest! Definitely not saying I think everyone should like his videos, everyone will never agree on anything, the nice thing is we can have a decent discussion about it.
    "A flower.

It's a bit like bottomless cake carriers that grandma always comes over with. Want cake? Another slice? One more? Surely there's room for one more. Oh, look at that, you ate the cake. Here, have some of the next one.

:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I think that video managed to make me dislike the case. Mostly because I dislike that reviewer.

It looks decent, but that particular reviewer managed to get me more "Meh" rather than "Wow". I will see with real reviews before I make a comment.
    (With that said, it obviously has all the functions with support for many drives, good watercooling support, better than average air cooling (if you remove the top drive bay), support for many GPUs, multi CPU-rigs. But I don't feel the flair. It likely is very very well made in an engineering PoV, but I don't see its personality. Though, I'm 94% sure I'd love it if I'd build something in it, and be completely infatuated, but I don't have the enthusiasm beforehand. Perhaps too much hype? Looks to be the first non-Coolermastery case, which is obviously a good thing. I don't doubt it being fantastic. Just lacking in flair. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

from my viewpoint this is the return of the "coolermastery" case and methodology, if you've ever worked with the first generation cosmos cases then you would understand why i dont like the HAF series
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-01-03 at 08:33 PM.

Heh. I'd totally love to order one, but they're not even expected to arrive before end of January to the shop I'm looking at.

Lawl @ LinusTechTips.

Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-01-03 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL. I love the cat part at about 2:30~. XD hahahahaha That's all I needed to see, plus seeing the box. HOLY MOTHER that thing is MASSIVE.
    "A flower.

I like how he almost looked like a very small man compared to the case (since you picture the box being so much smaller).

10+ Year Old Account
    im having a Futurama Fry "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" moment with that case, but i cant find anyone who has it listed for sale yet, which is odd, i would think that newegg at least would have pre ordered a bunch to start selling them immediately

10+ Year Old Account
    If I manage to get cash for a new computer sometime in the near future or w.e I think I might just go to town. Honestly though, I feel like the only way to do this justice would be SB-E+GTX6xx/7xx SLI system. $350 for a case? That means you need the best available in other areas too. Idk, might just be me. Cyanotical, I expect something great from you within a month or two.
    "A flower.

I see them listed on the Norwegian websites, but none have them in stock before end of January.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 10:37 PM ----------

And personally, I'm wanting to buy the following now:
    Cosmos SII.
    HD 7970.
    Watercooling stuff.

Then go to town with my main rig. Hope they eventually make a windowed sidepanel version. I'd totally buy the window separately if I had to.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-01-03 at 09:38 PM.