Deleted
    You can always thumbnail it by the way is that a 1680x1050 monitor (your system link)?

Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-06-02 at 07:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Upgraded my laptop with a Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, very happy with it
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    You can always thumbnail it
    i totally meant to do that. hah... not really. thanks
    your build is really sick ... wow. at my current work im building PCs with very nice cable management but for my own rig i just dont bother doing that... the case doesnt even have a window so whatever. although that glowing graphics card looks very good

7+ Year Old Account
    All of your guys builds are awesome!
    Love seeing what people put together!
    Keep it up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by immimemili View Post
    My new build - Which will hopefully be built in the next couple of weeks ^.^ (nothing special)

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor
    Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 270X 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card
    Case: BitFenix Shinobi
    Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

I'm new to building computers, so leave your opinions

Keyboard: Razer Anansi Expert MMO Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 Expert MMO Gaming Mouse
    Headset: Razer Blackshark Gaming Headset
    Monitor: Hopefully 2x whatever brand 24inch widescreen

^.^
    Now I was told in order to use that MB with that CPU I need to update the BIOS! Any suggestions on a board that is compatible (without updating the bios) and in the same price range?

Deleted
    H97 is your best bet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well the store im buying from can update the bios for an extra $20.. which is cheaper than the h97 being and extra $50

So should I get it updated, Or the H97

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Updating the BIOS any USB storage device and about 2 minutes worth of time (1.5 minutes of which is downloading a file and rebooting the computer).
    There's no good reason to pay somebody to perform an update once, because you'll still need to do it yourself in the future.
    Updating your BIOS can be tricky. I follow this rule when it comes to my BIOS: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Bricking your motherboard = no fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Updating the BIOS any USB storage device and about 2 minutes worth of time (1.5 minutes of which is downloading a file and rebooting the computer).
    There's no good reason to pay somebody to perform an update once, because you'll still need to do it yourself in the future.
    Well apparently you need an old cpu to boot the computer and update it

Deleted
    You're probably also getting a higher quality and better overall board with the H97 so unless the price is significant I'd opt for H97 either way. Some boards can have a USB BIOS flash option but I believe it's only higher end premium boards.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-06-03 at 12:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The H97 is about $50 or $60 more expensive
    Last edited by immimemili; 2014-06-03 at 01:08 AM.

Deleted
    I know the location in your profile says Australia but that might have been reasonable to mention when you're just saying "dollars"

Probably make a separate topic for some specific help about your build. There is a sticky in the build section forum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes of course, sorry

Noctua NHU14s not fitted in photos!

http://imgur.com/VcU4L6T

Black tower is I7 4770K!
    White tower is I5 4670K!
    Last edited by Str8Tripa; 2014-06-03 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very tidy setup (no audio stuff though?) but you might want to size that image down to 800x600 or use a thumbnail/link to avoid getting infracted :P read rules on front page
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Hellooooo!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for advice but I'm going to regardless! If I'm in the wrong place you can always direct me.

Been thinking of upgrading my videocard mainly to play Watch Dogs, Wildstar, Elder Scrolls Online and Star Citizen. And a lot of older games like Thief, Witcher 2 and other games.
    At first I thought I'd just wait it out till the end of the year for the new videocards to arrive but I heard they won't be out untill somewhere next year.

I've always been really satisfied with Nvidia and don't really want to change to something else. Would a GTX 760 suffice for now? I'll probably upgrade again next year.
    I just want things to look pretty again without lag and jagged edges!

What would you guys suggest?
    Been looking at the MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming and the 770 version. Not sure if the 770 is worth the extra money if I'll be replacing it next year anyway.

Any help is appreciated!

This is my current, nearly 3 year old build (I know I bought some really silly things!):
    Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K
    Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme (B3)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 XMP triple kit
    Videocard: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked 1536MB
    HDD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, Samsung Spinpoint F3 EcoGreen 2TB. (I actually also have 2 other SSD's now that I bought over the years but oh well)
    Soundcard: ASUS Xonar Essence STX
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Power supply: Corsair HX850W
    CPU-cooler: Noctua NH-D14

I guess I could also fit in a pic, and yes yes the bass unit is far far away from my computer now

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Very tidy setup (no audio stuff though?) but you might want to size that image down to 800x600 or use a thumbnail/link to avoid getting infracted :P read rules on front page
    Audio is handled by 2 corsair 2100 headsets but to be honest they are meh I just dislike wires that much! The mess under the desk needs routing under the desks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    by the way is that a 1680x1050 monitor (your system link)?

Who me? (yeah it is...) I haven't got around to upgrading it yet. Going to go for a matching tripple monitor setup when I do... but means buying a new graphics card too. (a 560Ti + a 610 don't really scream, please run 4 discrete displays!)

Every time I look at spending the kind of money that would be needed I think, yeah I could do it... but I've got a hundred other things to be spending that money on right now.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduro View Post
    I was just about ready to let loose all hell on you, then this line lol.
    If you got the money for an Alienware, why not, you might aswell + the computers look fine and you get proper support
    I disagree. Learn about computers, perhaps take some classes, and be your own troubleshooter. It will cost far less in the long run, and by building it yourself, you'll get a stronger computer considering you won't be paying labor or anything like that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I'd even have to agree with Alienware (Dell) having any type of proper support. It's pretty garbage and not worth the money you probably pay for that support. Buy their product and have to pay just to be able to call them a year down the line about problems (and there is almost always going to be a problem when it comes to Dell).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Can't say I'd even have to agree with Alienware (Dell) having any type of proper support. It's pretty garbage and not worth the money you probably pay for that support. Buy their product and have to pay just to be able to call them a year down the line about problems (and there is almost always going to be a problem when it comes to Dell).
    i had a dell once and had only one problem. i was told to run the self diagnosis tool that they provided and told him the code. i got sended a brandnew HDD with express (came the next day) and mailed the old, broken HDD back. both shipping costs covered by dell.... i liked their customer service, but other than that price/performance is very poor with dell and especially alienware