The AX1200 is a fully modular 80+ gold powersupply from Corsair (read: OEM'd from Seasonic I believe).
    I'll be more than happy to say that's not a shitty PSU.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The AX1200 is a fully modular 80+ gold powersupply from Corsair (read: OEM'd from Seasonic I believe).
    Agree with this, I got confused in all the mumbo jumbo, but if he had an AX1200 that couldn't power his 2 480s then that's.... odd.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Agree with this, I got confused in all the mumbo jumbo, but if he had an AX1200 that couldn't power his 2 480s then that's.... odd.
    Err. They can. The 850 apparently failed to pass Furmark though. Which is understandable, as the 480s are extremely wattage-hungry. With minor peripherals and other equipment the powersupply would run in the range of 90% of its maximum capacity. o.o

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Why can't we be friends..... why can't weeee be friends....

And 3 6950s would push into the $800 range. ;p 2 480s nowadays is in the $600s somewhere.
    can't say it doesn't hurt when u buy card for 600 euros month of release and they go for 300 euros few months later

10+ Year Old Account
    Err. They can. The 850 apparently failed to pass Furmark though. Which is understandable, as the 480s are extremely wattage-hungry.
    Okay, like I said I got lost in all the arguments. So wait, why are people still fighting at this point? His computer is powered up properly right? What's the big issue now? lolol

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neeko View Post
    can't say it doesn't hurt when u buy card for 600 euros month of release and they go for 300 euros few months later
    Honestly I don't know why everyone is throwing around the stigma of being a cheapo... especially regarding computer parts in this day and age. I say if you can save money on something or get the same performance, or the performance that you need at a decent price, then why not? I managed to haggle my Twin Frozr II 560 Ti from the guy at microcenter for a steal of a price of $210. Now THAT is a saving... anyone can call me a cheapo here, but I'll bet that they're jealous deep down.

Let's all get along now, don't want this thread getting locked because some people got in an argument about power supplies... of all things. x_X
    "A flower.

It's not a shitty PSU, but Seasonic doesn't make the 1200 from the AX-series.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    --SNIP--
    They don't? Interesting. :O Wish I still had that list that someone posted...

They don't? Interesting. :O Wish I still had that list that someone posted...
    It's Flextronics ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    It's Flextronics ^^
    ...who? /neverheardof

Oh snap. /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    So for the 1000th post, I figured I post my current gaming setup for everyone.

This is kind of my first ever build. It started off in a Cooler Master Storm Sniper Black, but I moved it to the RV-02 when I found a good deal on it.

The case is now on its last leg, as I've already started moving stuff to my Xigmatek Elysium for my watercooling setup.

My last radiator fans came in the mail today, so I'll post pics this weekend when everything is moved over.

Here are my peripherals:
    30" Dell Ultrasharp 3007WFP-HC
    24" Samsung LED
    Sennheiser PC350
    Logitech G15
    Razer Naga

Here is my tower. The amazing RV-02 case with a Lamptron FAN-ATIC fan controller in the front.

And here are the guts:

Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    ASUS PX58D Premium
    Noctua NH-D14
    Corsair HX-1000
    Sapphire HD5970 w/ Arctic Accelero Xtreme cooler
    3x2GB 1600MHz Corsair Dominator
    Intel X25-M 80GB SSD
    WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WD 1.5TB Caviar Green
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice looking computer. I like the big window and the LED fans.

Post some new pics once you got everything in the Elysium.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-08-10 at 08:08 PM.

I need to remind myself to take some pictures tomorrow. I've just finished watercooling my Phantom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted a pic a while back showing a nice crack in the side of my reservoir, so to fix this i updated my water loop:

I split the loop into two separate loops, one for the video cards, and one for the cpu and motherboard, and added a third radiator, the split loop allowed me to use lower cfm fans, so i went with some NZXT case fans for looks

10+ Year Old Account
    How good is the airflow in that case? I am thinking about getting one later this year but im a little concerned about airflow since all i see are 3 fans on top, 1 in back, and one on the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    How good is the airflow in that case? I am thinking about getting one later this year but im a little concerned about airflow since all i see are 3 fans on top, 1 in back, and one on the bottom.
    idk, most people with the 800D use water-cooling, synthaxx had some issues with his on air, but he had 3 580's in it

Nice sleeving! Are those Nexus-fans? Could be Fractal Design as well. Too generic-looking!

10+ Year Old Account
    my plan is to have the rear and bottom fans as intakes and the 3 on top as exhaust. Also on top will be an H100 in push pull. My only gpu is a Classified 570 so hopefully there are no airflow problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again Cyanotical impresses like no other.

Skelly I do love how your kit looks too! Really looking forward to seeing it in an Elysium! So what, you're going to have a collection of empty cases? :P
    "A flower.