Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Worgen mount form should be insta cast...

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but if Worgen are able to instacast flight form or any other animal.. then why not allow worgen to do the same with a mount? If anyone has beta, you'll see when they are casting mount it looks like they are stretching, getting ready for a long jog... lame. Id love to see this be an insta cast.

I also am for insta casting all mounts across all races (even in air while falling). Would only be fair.

thoughts?

Sure, why not?

I mean, other than the PAINFULLY OBVIOUS balance issues.

sure.. if all my mounts are instant cast

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaque View Post
    Would only be fair.
    Isnt it fair just to keep it as it is?

No. Dont like this, it would be a pain in pvp

Deleted
    It would be a bit unbalanced and overpowered. "Oh, I'm out of combat! RUN AWAY, LITTLE GIRL, RUN AWAY"

EDIT: Darkflight is your instant speed buff.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Isnt it fair just to keep it as it is?
    Something about racing on all fours towards an enemy and just going to attack seems pretty awesome. Right now, you can see the change and it looks a tad lame.

Again, it should be fair though for all races to be able to just whip out their mounts instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    It would be a bit unbalanced and overpowered. "Oh, I'm out of combat! RUN AWAY, LITTLE GIRL, RUN AWAY"
    I dont mean it as a mean to get away. If you're in combat, then it wouldnt work. Im referring to when you're not in combat and being instant. Obviously if anyone could mount and run away, that would be a huge imbalance.

10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt even realise that when someone drops on all fours, they need to waste 1.5 sec casting /doggystyle

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

I could rage at this thread because it's essentially WTF MY ANIME WEREWOLVES AINT STRONG ENOUGH but I'm just going to repeat something I saw on another thread regarding this.

Get up from your chair. Now try dropping on all fours and get ready to run. See how long that takes you.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Actually I say yes. Right now on beta it seems stupid that you get on all fours and then delay your running. it looks un-natural. Also dismount just isn't right yet because when you dismount the animation looks off.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead. And that World of Warcraft... died with him"

a simple answer to the OT thread: PVP Balance.
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnett View Post
    I could rage at this thread because it's essentially WTF MY ANIME WEREWOLVES AINT STRONG ENOUGH but I'm just going to repeat something I saw on another thread regarding this.

Get up from your chair. Now try dropping on all fours and get ready to run. See how long that takes you.

But we're not talking humans.. worgens are pretty much animals, so if Im a druid and can be near instant, it would make sense to do the same when im a worgen.

Deleted
    it would be nice to see the Worgen 'mount' as instant cast due to the fact that it isn't technically a mount, but due to balance issues it has got to be cast like the other races mounts, so you could argue that the the 'cast' time it there to symbolize the Worgen getting pumped up and ready to run really, really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanus View Post
    a simple answer to the OT thread: PVP Balance.
    Please see my reply about "not being in combat mounting." Im not saying we should be able to run away if we're in combat. Mounts don't work like that.

Deleted
    I would like that, yes.

But we're not talking humans.. worgens are pretty much animals, so if Im a druid and can be near instant, it would make sense to do the same when im a worgen.
    It doesn't matter. If you think a second and a half is too long for a mostly bipedal animal to get on all fours and run, you should probably get some research done. Druids are using magic, it's completely different.

I dont mean it as a mean to get away. If you're in combat, then it wouldnt work. Im referring to when you're not in combat and being instant. Obviously if anyone could mount and run away, that would be a huge imbalance.
    ITT: it's impossible to LoS/CC/Darkflight out of combat
    Last edited by Magnett; 2010-11-11 at 07:41 PM.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Because one class can do it an entire race should be able to do it?

How about no?

Think of it this way: At the very LEAST, Worgen would need a few seconds to make sure all their loose items (pouches, potions, scrollcases, etc - stuff we don't see displayed on our character, but we are carrying more or less "at the ready") before they start running. There's your cast time. Ok?