Thread: Lava Lash Crits

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lava Lash Crits

So I am a level 57 Enh Shaman, and I've been hitting 1100 Laval Lash crits on normal mobs whilst questing and dungeoning etc, which basically kills a mob in 2 hits at my level. Haven't even got the Improved Lava Lash talents yet so I know this is just the tip of the iceberg. Despite how horrible Enh supposedly is (I wouldn't know as I'm <80), how big are your crits with Lava Lash?

<3

Idk but leveled an ele lately and lvb hits for like 3k+ at that level hitting 6k at 66 basically almost all mobs die with fs lvb. Pretty much everything leveling is broken though.

Well in my gear which isn't too great, probably on Ulduar level I can get about 13k crits with it, which isn't that fantastic at level 80. :P

Yeh heaps of class / specs are doing what you are, 2 shotting most mobs. Hopefully Blizzard make mobs a little harder in the new Azeroth. My holy pally is killing things with Exorcism > Exorcism > Holy Shock and maybe one more Exorcism, and those are only very fast casts.

im a 6.2k GS shaman with a 277 weap in my offhand and i was critting for about 22k avg and 27k max in a 10 man vault i also have lava lash glyph

I've seen a 81k crit on blood queen, but I guess that doesn't really count.
    Everything between 20-24k is a normal crit on dummies and stuff tho

22-23k selfbuffed with no debuffs on target except Searing Flames, 32-33k in ICC (264 offhand weapon). Don't know how much on Lanathel, I'm healer on most fights
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2010-11-01 at 12:24 AM.

277 offhand and main, mostly 264 and some 277's; seen quite a few 25-27k crits. It's pretty strong, if you get lucky enough. I think my highest so far has been what, around 28k?

depends, only selfbuffed and on raid dummy(no searing stacks) 15k add buffs and searing stacks what above said

From my own WoL recently my top was 35k. From a run the other day the DK is my guild running the meters said my max was 39k in Heroic ICC25. No, not on BQ.
    Last edited by Thanntos; 2010-11-01 at 12:28 AM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was in a ICC 10 2 weeks ago or so, was on Saurfang.

My Shaman is pretty averagely geared. Mostly 264 gear with a few 251 peices.

Deleted
    Getting about 29-38k crits in ICC25, biggest crit was 45k on saurfang 25 heroic. (271 axe offhand, mixed 264/277 gear, mostly 264)

Quote Originally Posted by gregd8888 View Post
    Enhancement shamans sucking is a thing of the past. I'm in the beta and I'm easily competing with every other melee class in raids/heroics while we're all in 346 gear.
    really? the last time i heard we were bottom dps.. just take a look at several logs and videos on youtube.. i see everything up there except enhance shamans
    pala,dks, cats and warriors doing 18/19k+ dps while wer stuck at ~14/15

perhaps your fellow raiders are slacking HARD

about lava lash crits, yep its nice that we have some big numbers once in a while
    Last edited by guser; 2010-11-01 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    A little while ago I saw a shammy doing 32k lightning bolt and 38k lava lash in OK: heroic in one trash fight. He did a frickin 19k DPS lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by guser View Post
    really? the last time i heard we were bottom dps.. just take a look at several logs and videos on youtube.. i see everything up there except enhance shamans
    pala,dks, cats and warriors doing 18/19k+ dps while wer stuck at ~14/15

perhaps your fellow raiders are slacking HARD
    Maybe just maybe you have no clue what you're talking about?

You saw YouTube videos...big deal. That doesn't mean anything.

Last time I checked I can pull 16k+ on all fights on live and in beta I can pull 24-28k and compete with everyone.

Bring the player not the class, maybe you are stuck on 14-15k but you're obviously doing something wrong and should learn your class a bit more before you just assume we are underpowered.

Kids, I swear..

<Moderator Edit: Sigh. This sort of crap will no longer be tolerated. Please learn to understand facts and figures before slagging people off on the Shaman Forum.>
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-11-01 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    41k on Lk 25 normal yesterday 264 off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    Maybe just maybe you have no clue what you're talking about?

You saw YouTube videos...big deal. That doesn't mean anything.

Last time I checked I can pull 16k+ on all fights on live and in beta I can pull 24-28k and compete with everyone.

Bring the player not the class, maybe you are stuck on 14-15k but you're obviously doing something wrong and should learn your class a bit more before you just assume we are underpowered.

Kids, I swear..
    ??? what the hell are you talking about? 24k-28k what?
    i honestly don't get it..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    This was in a ICC 10 2 weeks ago or so, was on Saurfang.

My Shaman is pretty averagely geared. Mostly 264 gear with a few 251 peices.
    Hmmm something odd with that graphic. You are showing 42 Stormstrikes which has an 8 second CD = 8*42 = 336 seconds. So the fight was around 5.5 minutes. However in that time you only did SEVENTEEN lava lashes??? Lava Lash has a 10 second cd it is our top dps and practically our number one priority. You should have managed around 33-34 lava lashes in that fight. ie: roughly doubling your lava lash damage.

Perhaps worth spending a little time refining your priorities and learning the new setup? Not too long ofc as Unleash Elements mixes things up again at 81.

15+ Year Old Account
    I call weaksauce on all the above!

75k is my max that I've had (no prizes for guessing which fight). 30-45k being my more average.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know as leveling my Ele shaman, I do indeed two shot mobs with Flame Shock then Lava Burst... and I LOVE IT!!

I stopped leveling as Enh so I dont exactly know powerful LL crits for at 66, but it sounds like it hurts
    Last edited by Sharpopiev2; 2010-11-01 at 11:08 PM. Reason: d'oh

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em