Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I was a resto druid for 3 years and about 2 months into ICC I needed a change so I went to feral kitty and love it, I do still have my off spec as resto and plan on keeping it that way so I will be doing both but I think I will stick with kitty but if things on my server or in my guild get bad for healers then I will change back to resto. I for one am glad they changed the way healing is and making mana managment a part of the game again so time will tell.

im giving up my druid, but not because of the mana thing, it's because they stole my tree form

10+ Year Old Account
    I might actually use my resto shaman at 85. For now, healing is too easy. I hope they actually do make it interesting, because the choice between wack one mole a lot or wack a chain of moles gets boring after a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGrey View Post
    I lead a few 10 mans in my day and it was hard as shit to find GOOD healing shamans for the raid. I don't think too many shamans realize how invaluable they could be to a group if they had some spare healing gear on hand and knew how to do it.
    What sever are you on? Resto shamans fall from the sky on mine...mostly bad, but a lot of them decent to good. Now find a GOOD H Pally on my server is like pulling teeth. I'm so sick of these "omg ret sucks now...let me try holy and see if I suck less" ... Really if you suck at ret...your really gonna suck at holy(no offense to my good ret brother/sisters :P). People and their inability to adapt.

Since I have all classes and they are dps, Im currently going to be a tank and healer on the toons that can. I like the new healing and that you have to make a decision. This is what bored me of wrath is constant spamming of 1 2 maybe 3 heals of those classes. Now is time to find out who is really the badass healer that I used to see in BC.

One thing I will like though in Cata is now as a healer(well i was in beta) you can tell who are the dps who dont pay attention or do dumb stuff. I clearly remember one dps(dk) saying I wasnt healing him and I was. He kept overaggroing from the tank and didnt stop. I threw extra heals his way when tank was nearly topped off and he still died.

By this fact above healers new and old should know that now if someone died because you couldnt heal them through a mob THAT is is not your fault.

I really hope those who quit pick it back up. I know its boring as hell right now but come cata you get to show that your badass,

10+ Year Old Account
    Initially I was going to change to tanking for Cataclysm, but I simply enjoy healing far too much to just give it up because of some little bumps. I like the challenge of being a healer, and in Wrath there basically was no challenge when people started to horridly out gear the content. I am looking forward to this new way of things, where CC and where you stand will play a huge impact in how groups end up working out. Will I be doing randoms, not entirely I will be participating with at least 2 or 3 other people from my guild. I am certainly not going to put myself in a bad situation to get frustrated, but I am looking forward to learning a long with everyone else how to do things the right way. I will be playing my restoration druid, and as far as I am concerned she’ll be my main through any expansions that might be in the future as well. Tree for life!

Deleted
    Not changing from my main spec holy, for the guild and myself I enjoy it the most. However my offspec will be tanking instead of dd and my "main" alt won't be a dd but a tank aswell. The changes made to mana management are only something you would 'want' to do, if you played healer and you are rerolling on the sheer fact of the upcomming change regarding to that you might aswell look what class will be the next "2button" class, so to speak.

About time they improved so we don't have to spam one main heal and some macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    What sever are you on? Resto shamans fall from the sky on mine...mostly bad, but a lot of them decent to good. Now find a GOOD H Pally on my server is like pulling teeth. I'm so sick of these "omg ret sucks now...let me try holy and see if I suck less" ... Really if you suck at ret...your really gonna suck at holy(no offense to my good ret brother/sisters :P). People and their inability to adapt.
    Shattered Halls, prolly worst server in existence. Even still, it was the hardest class spec to find in existence, like insanely hard to find.

You 'couldn't suck at ret in the past btw. I never learned how to play the class and I always pulled around 3-4.5 K before I quit the game "TOTC."
    That was the problem with pallies, hopefully they have a challenge now. Holy pallies only had 2-4 buttons in their arsenal in the past...come on?
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

I leveled my shaman resto(before duel spec) and always raided resto in lich king, im still somewhat on the fence over being ele or resto come cata end game. DPS should be a little worried as well if you think about it. with all the changes to threat generation for tanks, and there being way less aoe pulls, being a dps you need to be more on point with what the tank is doing and single target a lot more often. when i was playing in beta a lot of groups in dungeons would pull like it was a lich king dungeon, meaning tank pulls, second for threat, bam aoe the crap outta them, or just pick a random target n wail away....wipe. cata they want dps paying attention to the pulls, single targeting most things. the tanks for the most part will only have major aggro on one of the mobs at a time, the rest of the mobs in the pull will only have just enough aggro to hold it off the healers threat generation.

i do know i like that my elemental and resto pieces can be a lot more shared between specs now, aside from tier pieces of course. so i will likely have my ele set built first, but also make a half decent resto set for off heals in raids, and nice fast heroic queues

The bad healers that can't adapt to change will reroll. I say good riddance. Healing is a lot more fun when it's about smart decision making rather than spamming your most efficient spell and never going out of mana.

I've been a holy priest since I started playing in early 2005. I'll be playing in Cataclysm with holy as my main spec. The more scrub healers that stop healing and go dps/tank, the better. That'll make the extremely skilled healers stand out even more than they've done through the years.

And standing out is nice.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Been Holy Paladin since the very beginning I started in early beta (2004/2005), and been so till lately. With the latest changes, well, I didn't like them. It just didn't feel like I was still playing a Paladin, the class I've been in love with since the very beginning. So I've taken a break for now focusing on getting my bachelor degree in mechanical engineering done

PS: Why Blizzard, why did you remove the ability to remove magic without talents? :-(

I've been mostly a tank/healer and just the increase in Noobs in Pugs just makes taking the crap not worth it. So going DPS this expansion.

I'm going back to healing most likely. I actually went dps this expansion because healing felt too easy when there was no concerns with going oom while spamming big heals.

Deleted
    Currently I am moving from my holy/disc priest (main since mid TBC, all wotlk raid realm firsts, invincible, mimirons head and nearly 11k achi points) to a hunter alt (with nothing). I kinda regret it now but the decision is sort of done... Well I hope we will recruit 1 (more) hunter so I dont have to do this now. :<

Not that I love healing so much, I actually kind of prefer competing for the epeen in Skada/Recount/WoL but the hunter changes in 4.0 are really not to my liking do much. Ranged spamming rogue with 1s GCD, meh...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a healer, always been a healer and will STAY a healer in Cata!

Healers who are even thinking of rerolling are bad imo

I have healed as a priest for 3+ years and don't intend to stop now

I main a Restoration Druid and I intend to continue healing. I will be changing my offspec from Balance to Feral, though, just because I've wanted a Feral Druid for a long time and Cataclysm seems like the perfect excuse to start getting the new gear together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGrey View Post
    Shattered Halls, prolly worst server in existence. Even still, it was the hardest class spec to find in existence, like insanely hard to find.

You 'couldn't suck at ret in the past btw. I never learned how to play the class and I always pulled around 3-4.5 K before I quit the game "TOTC."
    That was the problem with pallies, hopefully they have a challenge now. Holy pallies only had 2-4 buttons in their arsenal in the past...come on?
    Yeah now people can Really suck at ret...my guild had me toss on my offspec ret for a few fights the other night. First fight a hardly broke over 8k... We had a short break I went to EJ, the reforge, and a target dummy and pulled 11-14k the rest of the instance(note my offspec is really geared after all this time in HM ICC lol). The problem the first time is I was trying to face roll, after I did a little homework and fixed my gear. I did fine.

The same applies to holy, but to a much bigger par-dime shift. I mean I had to go from focusing thoroughput and the size of my mana pool. Being able to free cast without concern. To having to pay attention to regen stats and having to consrvere my mana...not to mention pulling out my entire spell book while monitoring a new resource. It is all about adaptation, and frankly if one of my healers refused to adapt, I would not want them on my healing roster anyways.

Changes actually made me want to go back to healing, hopefully they succeed with their mana management goals.