Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i did a wsg today and there was 4 cow paladins, 5 troll druids, 1 mage and 1 rogue, 45 - 50 bracket

i dont know if you are talking about since the patch or in general, since the patch yeah there are tons of them but not as many troll druids (which is what i was playing :P)

Quote Originally Posted by xuspira View Post
    I don't think you'll see less paladins in the near future...but you may see less quality ones.
    Those have existed since the start of WOTLK.

(less quality)

The other 9999999999999999999 of us feel the exact same way. We know our class is overplayed, but we play it anyways because we like it. We would like it if some of us left, but we won't because we like our class.

Paladin was actually a rare class until Wrath.
    Not exactly. There was quite a big amount of paladins already in Vanilla when you take into account only Alliance could roll them. Then the amount skyrocketed with Belf paladins in TBC. Paladin aside from being OP or not fills the archetype of knight in shiny armor so some people will play it no matter what. Same as some people will always play a hunter (the only ranger/sniper/marksman class) no matter how bad the class can become.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Because ret is (was) easy (still is to me), plate classes have better survivability leveling, blood elves, teenage fantasies, etc.

I'd love to see a pie chart of Holy vs Ret vs Prot paladins (maybe 10/60/30)?
    hum
    58/4/38
    most of the (fake) "ret" i have seen from wrath are all prot now or just rerolled another class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    are one of the most op classes
    get resilience and who else read the irony in that sentence coming from a hunter?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Not exactly. There was quite a big amount of paladins already in Vanilla when you take into account only Alliance could roll them. Then the amount skyrocketed with Belf paladins in TBC. Paladin aside from being OP or not fills the archetype of knight in shiny armor so some people will play it no matter what. Same as some people will always play a hunter (the only ranger/sniper/marksman class) no matter how bad the class can become.
    I agree SO MUCH.

This is exactly why the Paladin population is large. All of my friends say the same thing.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I'd love to see a pie chart of Holy vs Ret vs Prot paladins (maybe 10/60/30)?
    I would DIE for stats from somewhere with a breakdown of classes by spec.

Omfg.

I'm too lazy to look through logs and such to find the representation of different specs though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei View Post
    I would DIE for stats from somewhere with a breakdown of classes by spec.

Omfg.

I'm too lazy to look through logs and such to find the representation of different specs though.
    http://armorydatamining.appspot.com/...=PopBigPicture

This is from August though.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I agree SO MUCH.

This is exactly why the Paladin population is large. All of my friends say the same thing.
    What about Warriors?

Shiny armor.

Quote Originally Posted by d j bawl View Post
    Yes its true paladin is the most played class. Back in vanilla, Rogue was the most played class. Rogue is currently the least played class. It changes, pala wont be on top forever. I foresee druids being the most played in the near future.
    This and more of this
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    As soon as transfers open my hunter will be a human. If the names arent taken a friend and I are going to create Ned and Jimbo and /yell
    "OH MY GOD! ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US!" Every time we attack something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaype View Post
    What about Warriors?

Shiny armor.
    Hardly. I think of Warriors as more of dark, gritty types. Barbarians (Fury) as well.

I'm the only paladin (I'm holy) in my guild... and I'm switching to my hunter in cata so we won't have any o.O

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 10:34 PM ----------

oh nice, hunters are lowest on pvp servers
    So I'll be in high demand eh? ^^
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    hum
    58/4/38
    most of the (fake) "ret" i have seen from wrath are all prot now or just rerolled another class.
    You can't actually believe that, right?!?!

Retribution could be nerfed into the GROUND and it would still maintain 3-5% of the player base. Retribution was absolute trash in Vanilla and yet it was still a huge percent of players. Most Retribution Paladins I see in PUGs don't even know what Hand of Freedom is and they certainly don't Cleanse.

I doubt the general populace even thinks Ret got nerfed. Most of the people in trade chat and PUGs will still be like "omfg I just got owned by a ret paladin so OP".

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Paladin was actually a rare class until Wrath. People usually play the OP class.
    Horde side:
    After TBC hit, there was lots paladin, but was force to be holy in pvp/pve.....ret was joke and prot too...so only one spec viable...
    Then BT/sunwell hit and prot rise to be a top aoe tank in-game...two spec viable..
    After some time before wolk but still in tbc, in some patch (ahhh memory :S 3.0? ) ret was OP and everyone, who have paladin, speced ret and oneshot in pvp+top dmg AND healing done in pve ->judgment of light was insane...

In wolk its from OP "hi i two shot you (ret)/hi i wont die (holy)" class in beginning to be somewhat skillful to play (my imagination, never played one :S) to 4.0 holy immortality / ret wings and 15k crit....

TLDR: Finding bg without Human pala is like finding bg without undead rogue/lock/mage......rare but still possible...
    Last edited by Matlafous; 2010-11-30 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Gramar and English

Quote Originally Posted by Vaype View Post
    Why is there so many Paladins? I really love this class, but wow when there's 9999999999999999999 of us on every server it fails.

/rant
    You answered your own question..

Deleted
    paladins dont only have the bravery of a little bunny, no they also have the sexual drive.
    i had raids with 3-4 paladins (10man) thats just crazy...
    i mean im hunter so dont care but realy the class seams to be sexy

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how it is on all realms together but in my old guild we have sooooooo damn many paladins, 1 tank, 2 holys and around 7 or 8 retri..
    Needless to say our raids were looking pink'ish..

Its not that they simply became OP over night.

If you recall, to play a paladin pre wrath (as many of us did) meant to roll a class you would never DPS on end game. You were either a decent off tank or a healer. If you didnt like those 2 roles, you were SoL in raiding.

Wrath gave them a GREAT and easy DPS role that was fun and made leveling a paladin less of a trial in futility and a great investment with 3 viable raiding specs, all highly sought after....

Duh lots of people will roll it. Its the same with druid. My vanilla pally and druid were both rare beans in the grand scheme of what was going on on my server. Now after some time off during wrath I come back to find the tides have changed. Clearly the fixes worked. That doesnt mean people should stop playing the class they love, though it may be indicative that other classes arent faring so well any longer.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't actually believe that, right?!?!

Retribution could be nerfed into the GROUND and it would still maintain 3-5% of the player base. Retribution was absolute trash in Vanilla and yet it was still a huge percent of players. Most Retribution Paladins I see in PUGs don't even know what Hand of Freedom is and they certainly don't Cleanse.

I doubt the general populace even thinks Ret got nerfed. Most of the people in trade chat and PUGs will still be like "omfg I just got owned by a ret paladin so OP".
    well its my numbers on my realm, like i said havent seen much :/
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2010-11-30 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played ret in BC before nerf patch. It was fun. I did good deeps, if I kept fel mana pots with me, even into end-game raids. And my guild kept me because of it.

Wrath came.. lots of rets came.. no one cared if you were a good ret at the point, cause there wasn't good ret. There was faceroll ret and bad ret. Because so many played the class, the class was obviously easy.

I personally would love to see the excess pallies gtfo, especially considering some of them are downright awful and have no idea what holy power is. :P

It would also make good paladins in general a more valuable asset than they are now. And possibly taken a bit more seriously.