Poll: Leveling too fast 1-60 now?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I actually enjoy leveling at least as much as the end game raid grinding. In my view there needs to be way more to do at Lvl80 other than raiding (i HATE PVP). I just wish that they did not have so many redundant areas and had tuned the old world so that you could level 1-80 without ever going to Outland or Northrend. That would have been awesome.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior View Post
    Personally i don't see point of Leveling nowadays...

This game is all about lvl 80. Yeah, i know "learn your class", but seriously:
    a) most of people don't care how to play their class, its all about fun
    b) just go read up on internet
    c) make a quest that says stuff like "Take 4 of my warriors with you, make sure you heal them up, so they wont die , Priest" and you have to cleanse, dispell, shield your npc fellas or "Use different rotations to kill these enemies" AND if you succeed, you get a level up ^_^

All the zones could be put to good use:
    a) More pvp zones
    b) More farming zones, i was tired of farming eternal fire from same spot for days
    c) More possibilities to introduce "fight for zone" gated content
    d) Different tiers hang out in different zones, like for example, Season 4 geared people with ~2000 rating are not allowed to enter some zones
    I have rarely seen a post I disagree with more. If WOW actually did that I would stop playing the game, as would a significant portion of the current population.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior View Post
    Personally i don't see point of Leveling nowadays...

This game is all about lvl 80. Yeah, i know "learn your class", but seriously:
    a) most of people don't care how to play their class, its all about fun
    b) just go read up on internet
    c) make a quest that says stuff like "Take 4 of my warriors with you, make sure you heal them up, so they wont die , Priest" and you have to cleanse, dispell, shield your npc fellas or "Use different rotations to kill these enemies" AND if you succeed, you get a level up ^_^

All the zones could be put to good use:
    a) More pvp zones
    b) More farming zones, i was tired of farming eternal fire from same spot for days
    c) More possibilities to introduce "fight for zone" gated content
    d) Different tiers hang out in different zones, like for example, Season 4 geared people with ~2000 rating are not allowed to enter some zones
    I have rarely seen a post I disagree with more. If WOW actually did that I would stop playing the game, as would a significant portion of the current population.

Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor View Post
    Just seems like a lot of wasted work they did if they intended us to level this quickly. It's so trivial that it's a joke.

Why not take some of these zones and tailor them to 60-80? They are going wasted with all of this content.
    Hrm, I think changing an extra zone or two to an 85 would be the best. after all its all about the end game. we want to have fun things to do in s many zones as possible, not just concentrate in one central hub of dailies and dungeons.

And for all those saying that you just power through it too fast and its a bad thing, well you CAN slow down and enjoy all the lore and what not, but blizzard allowed us to be able to power level our alts. there's no point in always having to do the long exp grind over and over to get an alt up.

Yeah it's a little to fast, most new 80's haven't a single clue how to even play their class.
    I just dungeon boost myself and my average 80 has 4-5 days /played, 25-45 in SM takes about 45 mins /played, quite funny
    Just finished my Mage after the 71-80 exp nerf and 75-80 took me less than 8 hours.

since what ive noticed levelling isnt that fast. aldo i play only 1 evening a week. I think its really fast when you spend countless hours online in a row.

it should be faster. 85 lvls is a loooonggg way to go.

lvl 58 in 19h played as a mage, full BOA´s.

Deleted
    Started leveling a shammy (no heirlooms) and he got from 10 to 20 by doing 45 quests in azshara and 2 dungeons. So yes, leveling is much too quick 1-60

Seeing as how the level cap has been raised and the instant gratification that people are acustom to with WotLK. It only makes sense that people don't want to spend a large amount of time leveling a character. Like MM said, 30% of the people who try wow don't make it past level 10. With the experience reduction, they are hoping to reduce that percentage.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

From the Front page of MMO champion, talking about hotfixes:

"Dungeon quests for level 1-60 dungeons on Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor now reward significantly less experience. Read more about this change here."

The link then leads to

"We are applying a hotfix today to all level 1-60 dungeon quests for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms dungeons which will significantly reduce the amount of experience they award.

While dungeons should remain integral to our evolving storylines, and great places to collect gear in cooperative environments, we need to make sure each player’s questing progress remains relevant as dungeon quests are completed. In many cases we’re seeing players enter dungeons to complete quests, only to come out ahead of the leveling curve for the zones they’re in.

This change should allow players the opportunity to reap the benefits of running dungeons, while not outpacing the leveling flow from levels 1-60. At this time there are no plans for making any adjustments to dungeon quest experience for Outland, Northrend, and level 80+ Cataclysm dungeons.

You can find a list of all of the latest hotfixes here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869"

aka they are aware of the problems with dungeons.
    "Pain heal, Chicks Dig scars and Glory lasts for ever."

Worry not:

"Dungeon quests for level 1-60 dungeons on Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor now reward significantly less experience."

@Nerfherder: damn, You beat me.

Signature created by Nevad.

hmmm, maybe they should make current xp gains the equivalent of having heirloom gear on, and much lower if you don't. I don't like hearing that we out level content this quickly. But, tbh, these are early level zones that are all a decent size. I guess we cant expect 100 quest from each zone at lower levels.

I started a Troll Druid the day of the patch and I dinged him 80 in 2d 10h played, so yeah.. the leveling is fast and I love it. <3

Edit: Luckily I got past 1-60 before the dungeon quest nerfs
    Last edited by Ruax; 2010-12-01 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling was never hard to begin with... It's just a time suck to some while it's a thrill for others. STOP ASSUMING EVERYONE LIKES WHAT YOU LIKE.

Leveling is not "too" fast, especially if you're b*tching decked out in heirlooms. And hell if you wanna hang out in the zone that much then focus on your collecting profession after finishing the quests, makes it easier being able to take down the mobs after you've reached the zone cap.

Oh and they have unlocked the zero experience gain, do that if you just hate the process of leveling that much.

How can levelling be too fast 3 expansions in? I am not one for personal attacks OP, but you must be fucking kidding me.

Quote Originally Posted by prZ View Post
    @Nerfherder: damn, You beat me.
    Sorry bout that.
    "Pain heal, Chicks Dig scars and Glory lasts for ever."

Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor View Post
    I rolled up a Tauren Priest the other day. I've barely done anything and I dinged 20 after about 6 hours of /played without even really trying to do it quickly. From 10 to 20... 11/100 quests done in Azshara, a WSG win and 3 dungeon runs. Just wondering if we are really getting much out of all of this new content that's been added if we outlevel it so quickly. Breadcrumbs are already pointing me to Ashenvale with 89 quests still not done in Azshara and 3 new dungeons now open in the dungeon finder. Maybe they should remove the xp reduction that they added in TBC's last patch.
    MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, quest without heriloom items?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even taking into account the experience nerf in vanilla instances, the leveling is still going to feel stupidly fast unless you a.) don't use any heirlooms and/or b.) don't do any BGs ever, especially around a given BG's honor weekend.

Now don't get me wrong; I think the dungeon XP nerf is a good thing, maybe now people will actually learn their classes a bit more (hopefully). It would just be nice if players got more out of the new questlines than "Oh, gee, fractional part of the quests in a given zone done and now this zone's questing is green/grey to me".

I think the dungeon XP thing through things out of whack and its really fun to go through the old world for the first time through. That said, I also think that a slower pace would lose its charm the 2nd or 3rd time around. I just wish that blizz would let me buy some more character slots lol.

I love that leveling is as fast as it is. Yea, you don't get to see all the content, but to see that other content you can level another alt and actually enjoy the leveling experience as opposed to the old way of just grinding out levels. I'm quite excited to level a worgen come Cata because I never even went to Kalimdor on the mage I've been leveling since the Shattering.

Deleted
    It's too fast. Hope the hotfix fixes it.