Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fear breaking instantly.

Effects which are broken from taking too much damage (Fear, Frost Nova, Entangling Roots, etc.) now break automatically from about half as much damage taken as before.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvqZunkd_MM

What are your thoughts on this?

does it mather what someone thinks about this?

Its to counter the spamming of fear which is quite ok

I personally like the change. A cc ability is meant for cc not hey I get to rip your ass apart while you are cc'd. I welcome this with open arms.
    Bubbles: Have a nice day, and go ____ yourself.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question is that Lock's fear has same mechanic now?
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

Deleted
    There is already a post about this :
    [Fear nerfed again]

And..
    I personally like the change. A cc ability is meant for cc not hey I get to rip your ass apart while you are cc'd.
    Are you PvP'er or PvE'er? Because, I'm not sure If you get how important fear is for a Shadow Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Popmybubble View Post
    I personally like the change. A cc ability is meant for cc not hey I get to rip your ass apart while you are cc'd. I welcome this with open arms.
    /agree

Shadow Priest fear used to feel like it lasted forever while the priest was able to nuke you to death, then when you manage to live through it and bring it back to the priest, LOLDISPERSION.

CC is for CC, not for nuking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    CC is for CC, not for nuking.
    Tell the stun classes that.

Finally not getting chained feared while dying anymore, really finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionbar View Post
    Stuns are not for CC'ing? How many classes "Stun" a mob when there's too many before the pull? Rogues 'sap' them, but that also breaks on damage.

For PvP, the rogue's initial stun is very important. Trinket out of it and it screws them up - and if you don't have a trinket, well you really shouldn't be PvPing.

Deleted
    Idd fear get nerfed to normal CC ability now 5 second stuns need to gtfo from the game

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Idd fear get nerfed to normal CC ability now 5 second stuns need to gtfo from the game
    Off topic, but your signature is too big according to the site rules. I got a warning for the same signature (top one) a while back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Finally not getting chained feared while dying anymore, really finally!
    Chain feared? Okay okay, Stop right there Sir! We are talking about Priest, not a Warlock.

[ Psychic Scream ] got a 30 sec. CD, 26 if talented. How can you get any CHAIN out of that?
    Also, Have you ever tried to kill any target that can heal, with DOTS without a CC?

We had a chance before, because We COULD fear them and hope we had time enough. But now.. >.>

Deleted
    Rogue without stuns, wtb! oh wait.. Stun and cc is miles away from each other.

I like this change, makes it a more defensive than offensive cc, as it should be.

Are you PvP'er or PvE'er? Because, I'm not sure If you get how important fear is for a Shadow Priest.
    I sincerely enjoy finding a Spriest in a BG and having him DoT me, fear me for a FULL 6 seconds, and then die from the DoTs before I can even catch back up to him when the fear breaks.

Really, it just makes my day.

Stuns were already nerfed to hell in 4.0.1. Especially for Rogues, the iconic Stunlocker.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 10:48 PM ----------

Chain feared? Okay okay, Stop right there Sir! We are talking about Priest, not a Warlock.

[ Psychic Scream ] got a 30 sec. CD, 26 if talented. How can you get any CHAIN out of that?
    Also, Have you ever tried to kill any target that can heal, with DOTS without a CC?

We had a chance before, because We COULD fear them and hope we had time enough. But now.. >.>
    Blizzard has said, MILLIONS OF TIMES, that no one DPSer should be able to kill a Healer of equal skill and gear. Because "If a Healer can be killed 1-on-1, what good is he going to be in Arena, when he has 2 other health bars to watch, and 3 different people laying into him or his friends?"

If Spriests could kill healers 1-on-1 before the Fear nerf, then they were clearly overperforming in that regard.

Good point, but if you mean "target that can heal" as a healer, it's not suppose to be easy or doable to some point. If a healer can't keep up himself against 1 person why have 'em at all in Arena/BGs?
    If you mean as a dps class that can heal, the heal isn't too great anymore if you're not specced as a healer. Keep in mind that 4.0.1(a) is "balanced" for lvl 85. Things still change.

But fear should break but I can agree if it is like that, it's nerfed too much, should instead have a larger % of breaking while redotting or doing dmg than dots breaking it. As a survive ability if a melee gets near you for instance. But having a large gap between someone and just killing them while feared isn't fun, same goes with the stun.

Doesn't priests fear also disarm you forever? ;]

You're not supposed to kill the target you are CCing... CC one kill the other.

Hey guess what!! We have this super cool tool that everybody hates. It's called MIND SPIKE! That brings unique switching dynamics possible for a class that couldn't do much but cross their fingers when told to STOP DPS.

Well, affliction gets soul swap, but whatever.

So vs a healer/dps setup that you want to kill the dps you are bound to tank him till you kill him because fear will break instantly.No matter what you're saying (and for every NON priest in this thread fear seems OP,yeah right) fear should be able to at least handle a Dot tick or two so that it can gives us space.Also you choose how you want to use this spell defensively or offensively which determines the skill of the player the time he uses it.One last thing I want to say is why every $%&^ing time they nerf locks spammable fear,we suffer the same while our's have a damn 24sec cooldown, it's completely unreasonable.

What they should have done is lower the duration of fear against player controlled characters and pets, but possibly increase the run speed of a feared target by 50%, they're supposed to be scared right? :P Same distance to create some space, but less time to nuke them down. At this point fear is basically useless if it breaks on DoTs so easily.