View Poll Results: And the most popular Alliance Druid race is:

Voters
223. This poll is closed
  • Night Elf

104 46.64%
  • Worgen

119 53.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think a lot of people will initially race change to worgen or create a worgen druid just simply due to the fact that you actually after 6 years have an option to do so. Right off the bat you are obviously going to personally notice worgen over night elf simply because it's new and sticks out in your mind more. Just due to that, it will "seem" like there are more worgen druids. Overall though, I think it'll be about even the entire time.

I'll be sticking out as a night elf on my druid main forever because I like them. I will be making an alt worgen druid just to do the starting zone because I have every class but warrior (and I don't want to play a warrior) that can also be worgen.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

In a couple of years the world with be plagued of Worgens, because they are new and cooler in aspect. The Worgens will be, no dude, more popular, but I think that the "true old school" druids will still been Night elfs.

Sorry for my English ^,- .

I'll be staying a night elf for a few reasons. One, he's been night elf since Vanilla. Two, I'm not really fond of the Worgen druid explanation. Three, I'm resto and I am already making a Worgen caster, don't need another one
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I believe worgen will be the most popular

Worgen new race and new forms for the alliance it will be a change many people will/won't enjoy

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Night elves will remain the most popular race because old druid players have grown attached to their characters.
    I have two 80 druids, I just changed my one that is 5 years old from a cow to troll. I'll probably keep my night elf a night elf though. Don't get me wrong worgens should be a cool druid, but shadowmeld provides a lot of utility that you just can't get elsewhere as a druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would rather be a human druid but worgen is 2nd best with that not being an option
    -Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
    -Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.
    -Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravlon View Post
    For sure Worgen, because they're new. Players will flood this new combination like they did with trolls (I still have nightmares, troll truids are now worse than lv 58 DKs...). As for me, I'll stay Night Elf no matter what.

edit: @up
    Worgen better at Druidism? It's utter ..., they learned Druidism from Night Elves (lore-wise) who were the first Druids in the universe. Plus they have no connection to Elune and Cenarius (+Ysera). Sure, their Curse and savageness gives them an advantage over other Feral Druids, but Druidism is not really about shapeshifting and ripping with claws, right?
    Actualy , the first student of Cenarius were the tauren
    check out 'Xarantaur' and 'Forestlord and the first Druids' ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Night elves will remain the most popular race because old druid players have grown attached to their characters.
    You know I really want to change to worgen but I am attached to my night elf so I'm having a hard time making up my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo the NE racials> Worgen racials
    Shadowmeld is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnightshammy View Post
    gnome.
    I have to Agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves!!!... wait.... not yet. We will be all classes eventually lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    Actualy , the first student of Cenarius were the tauren
    check out 'Xarantaur' and 'Forestlord and the first Druids' ^^
    According to tauren mythology, Cenarius instructed them first in druidism as recounted in their myth Forestlord and the First Druids. With the release of Wrath of the Lich King, it is indeed confirmed that Taurens were most likely to have been the first students of cenarius, as accounted for by a 10,000+ year old immortal Tauren druid by the name of Xarantaur. As it stands the night elves still attempt to lay claim to the first druid with Malfurion Stormrage, an idea easily challenged by the tauren beliefs & history. Malfurion Stormrage, the first of the night elve druids, is not only considered the most powerful known druid in warcraft lore, but is also considered one of the most powerful characters on Azeroth. Malfurion would lead the night elves through the War of the Ancients and the long years that followed. With the creation of the World Tree Nordrassil, the kaldorei druids were bound to Ysera, and her realm, the Emerald Dream, in which they spent centuries of their immortal lives. The Cenarion Circle was formed as the governing society of druids, based in sacred Moonglade.

Bubalus is right... But Malfurion is still the badest druid around...
    Last edited by Wesche; 2010-12-01 at 10:44 PM.

I think Worgen..?

I mean, they are in a sense, the best shapeshifting race.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably roll a Worgen druid at some point...but it is pretty low on my priority list.

I wonder if Worgen druids will play out like DKs did for a long time. That is, a big pile of suck for a majority of people who only took the class for the coolness factor.

Speaking from a tanking perspective, 1% crit isn't better than 2% avoidance. esp since crit caping is possible in the past while avoidance capping for Druid has never been. Afaik the racial sprint is on the same cd as dash? Also can you even use it in bear form? Lastly the whole human/wolf shifting is sorta extra worthless, cause you're a bear.

Cats go worsen? Sure, 1% crit is better than nothing

Deleted
    I will stay by my nightelf. Never would think to alter my first and still main char, not even a haircut since four years.
    *sing* I´ve grown accustomed to her face. *sing*

Deleted
    Night elf, personally, Werewolf Cat, seems kind of stupid.

However I'm going to change to Worgen purely because the racials massacre night elves.