Thread: Paladin Macro

Paladin Macro

Iam looking for a paladin macro with the following features.
    When i target a party member and press macro, it will use Righteous Defense.
    When Righteous Defense is on cooldown it will use Hand of Reckoning on your targets target.
    When you target an enemy instead of a party member just use Hand of Reckoning.

that all in one macro.
    i think it is possible but i have no idea where to start.
    For example i would really like to learn how the macro system works.
    But what iam wondering is how people know all these possible commands to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Macro is a good place to start, look at the guides and read up a little. Not gonna make one for you though since I don't play pally so doesn't interest me, sorry =)

You should look into downloading tauntmaster. I know its not what you're asking for, but it'll make your life super easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll want to start with the [target=<something>] command for your macro. I'm not sure of the exact specifics, but...

Code:
    /cast [nomod] Righteous Defense
    /cast [mod, target=targettarget] Hand of Reckoning; [mod, harm] Hand of Reckoning
    Since a macro can't check a cooldown of an ability, you could run it in this manner, where the baseline macro would essentially be Righteous Defense. If you hit a mod key (Alt, Shift, or Ctrl) you'll cast Hand of Reckoning, and it will determine the cast based on whether your current target is friendly (HoR on target's target) or hostile (cast on target).

I'm not sure of the specifics, but I'd suggest learning the macro syntax. It can actually be fun to mess around with.

Also, since the topic is "Paladin Macro", this won't be horribly off-topic...

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomounted,flyable,nomod] <your favorite flying mount>
    /cast [nomounted,noflyable,nomod] <your favorite land mount>
    /cast [mounted,nomod] !Crusader Aura
    /cast [mod, spec:1] !Devotion Aura; [mod, spec:2] !Retribution Aura
    /dismount [mounted,mod]
    In a flying enabled area, hitting the macro will have you mount up. Tapping it again will activate Crusader Aura. Hitting a mod key (Alt, Ctrl, or Shift) and the macro will dismount you and activate an aura based on your spec (for me, spec:1 is Prot and spec:2 is Ret).

NOTE: This won't work well in Azeroth right now, since technically all areas are flyable, but nobody has their flight license. So all you'll see is your grayed-out flying mount icon until we're allowed to train our old-world flying skill.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2010-11-30 at 08:09 PM.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just curious, why do you need this? If you target the mob or the player, it will use RD on the mob.

When you target an enemy instead of a party member just use Hand of Reckoning.
    For this, the following macro should work:

Code:
    /cast [@target,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead] Righteous Defense; Hand of Reckoning

Thanks for the reply's all this is going to be a big help

and to answer Ronark

When iam busy tanking allot of mobs and someone pulls agro of it its easy to just click on the player in grid and use Righteous Defense while when Righteous Defense is on cooldown it will automaticly target that player's target and use Hand of Reckoningde to get it off.
    The part where i target a enemy and wanna use Hand of Reckoning is just easy to have it all in one button.

And atm iam not skilled enough to make such complicated macro's.

And for Hamster.

I did read that whole wiki marco part but that did not show me a list of all possible macro commands.
    Because that was one of my questions how do people know all these commands or where do they get these commands from

I would take a look at TauntMaster like Brashara said. This addon gives you a list of names (similar to grid). Your name will be the only one in red when you have full aggro; when someone is starting to pull aggro off you their name will become yellow, and when they have pulled the mob off you they will turn red. You can then right or left click on their name to use either hand of reckoning or righteous defense on that players mob.

Keep in mind that you must be facing the mob, so in order to use one of the taunts you may have to spin a bit. This isn't something unexpected, as you should have to do that anyways, I just want to make sure that was clear so it doesn't seem "broken".

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

I have always used grid + clique for tanking on my paladin. Its set up so the outline of the player frame is red when a player has aggro, and if anyone else besides me is lit up, I have clique set so I just left click the frame, without deselecting my current target, and it cast righteous defence on them. I figured since you already have grid, adding that mod would make your life better. You can also put you various hand spells on clique, when used in conjunction with grids ability to track debuffs and snares and stuff, its much easier to cleanse or cast HoP, or HoF. Makes paladin tanking alot easier and makes you that much more valuable to your group.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Think this still works used to use it a while back on my pally

#showtooltip Righteous defense
    /cast [help] Righteous defense; [target=targettarget] Righteous defense

Thank you all for the reply's and the answers this will help me allot ^^ gonna try the tanking addon.
    And going to make a combination of the macro's you have given me.