Deleted

Idea! profession monkey!

I lately got my hold on one of the former slave monkeys in the dead mines, which comes to run around with his pickaxe. Based on this I developed the following idea: Monkeys are smart enough, the used to work and mine before, so it should be possible to teach them a gathering profession! Imagine this: you are running around with your Monkey Garrosh (I strongly recommend this name) and have "Collect Node/herb/Skin" on autocast, so whatever is need to be done, is done by your work monkey. Maybe there can be introduced another form of ability cost like one banana per Use. I think this would be really fun, because you can pick two "useful" professions without having to worry for the income of material. As an addition maybe you could use seagulls to catch fish for you or boars (which tend to be intelligent too) to get herbs or dig out some archeological stuff

And don't come to me running with "animal protection", I freed this poor monkey from slavery, and everyone of us, is using their mounts to jump down high cliffs, ditch them underwater and nowadays won't feed their pets at all because of Glyph of Pet Mend!
    Last edited by mmoc901e5959a9; 2010-12-02 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Lumpi, what about getting children as grind-bot for you :P

Interesting idea but it would never fly. Every other class would QQ because every zone would be full of AFK hunters while their pets are recking havoc on all the herbs and ore.

Deleted
    i think its a really cool idea, though i wouldn't get your hopes up, blizz will never implement it. mainly cos it would be too easy for goldsellers to multibox numerous accounts with all gathering profession "slaves" and just clean up. and cos blizz like to make us work for our gold too

Players promoting slavery... Yeah, that's the kind of company Blizzard wants to be ^^

While your idea sounds nice, it already exists. You suggest that you are fighting off monsters while your monkey gathers materials. In game, you can have your pet fight monsters while you gather the materials.

Face it, you are the enslaved monkey! =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
    HA! I have to admit I only play WoW for the homoerotic innuendoes

lol Hansisaf. I can't count the number of times I've just mashed the aggressive button right before going to a node. It's nice to be the farmer while your pet does all of the dirty work. =)