Deleted
    Lucy - 8/10.
    I imagine most people hated this movie, but I found the combination of biological, existential and physics issues it raised very interesting. There were many scenes that were over the top (kind of expected from a Luc Besson movie) and the insertion of a seemingly time-travel scene also would have annoyed even more people. But I can honestly say, I found it very enjoyable.

A Million Ways to Die in the West - 6/10.
    Wild West in Family Guy style with (much!) more filth and a romance story. What's not to like! I'd love to have raised the score higher, but while the comedy started of promisingly to very promisingly, it petered off. Also, the main romance was not "chemically" convincing.

Predestination - 5/10
    All I can say about this sci-fi is that it kept me watching till the end without skipping anything, but it had a deeply flawed nonsensical timeline plot that proved to be the entire premise of the movie, hence causing any decent score for the movie to fall off a cliff. Not recommended.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-11-28 at 10:21 PM.

Fury (2014) - 8/10
    Great cast and great atmosphere. It does a neat job of showing the brutality of war, which has become more and more popular, and I especially like that we get to see what life's like for a tank-squad, and some tank combat. The plot is kind of simple though, and there's generally not a lot of it. The end battle have the Germans act like idiots getting gunned down by Americans, which is pretty dumb, since the Germans were better soldiers, and even if they weren't, they wouldn't be so incompetent.

Deleted
    Predestination: 7.5
    A great watch, although if you have a short attention span, you might have trouble with the first thirty minutes. Not an action movie and not a movie filled with dramatic performances. I'd call it a journey, an exploration.
    People are saying that it is complicated/a mindfuck, but it's really not. I, personally, guessed that he was chasing himself just by knowing that it was a time-travel movie and because people are putting things in spoiler tags. Though obviously this isn't the main twist of the movie, but still. The longer you watch, the further you go down the rabbit hole you go and you see how much of this is predetermined and how much is done by the main character. This is the journey you go through and is also what makes the movie good, no sudden and unexpected twists. People are saying that it is a giant paradox and yes it is, obviously. Those people are missing the point. This movie explores the idea of what came first, the chicken or the egg.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-11-29 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Internship - 6,5/10

Fun movie, something to watch when you have nothing else and completely bored.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Rosewater - 7/10

Good film, but I expected a bit more from what I had heard about it. I understand why Stewart chose Bahari's story, seeing as his interview for the Daily Show was used in justifying his imprisonment. That being said, he spent a relatively short amount of time, 100 or so days in prison where they barely touched him. There are thousands of other stories just like his where they were not as fortunate who are just ignored. He even mention wanting to get his friend out, but that never goes anywhere and we never hear from his friend again. Also, they hired mexican actor to play an iranian journalist. Not saying he was bad, but an iranian actor could have had a greater connection to the character and the setting of the movie. Finally, it was strange hearing all the characters speak english with their accents while in Iran, but write in farsi and occasionally speak it as well. It would have been more understandable if it were a big budget wide release, but is is not, and the inconsistency was a little jarring.

Interstellar

My body was not ready for the last 50 minutes.

Match Point 8/10

Most of the movie was typical, the main character makes a lot of bad decisions; but the end of the movie was like DUDE WHAT THE FUCK.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2014-11-30 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Predestination (2014): 7.5/10:

Pretty good story but I felt it kinda lost its edge from the book-to-movie adaptation, too many plot points had to be introduced and because of this it felt kinda redundant to me by the time I reached the ending, the plot twists were a bit easy to see though (mainly because of the lack of secondary characters to keep us guessing instead of pointing everything towards the main character). But otherwise it felt like a great watch overall.

Deleted
    Extraterrestrial (2014) - 8.5/10
    (From the Vicious Brothers)

For a "horror" movie,its surprisingly good. Sure,its cliche at times,and certain things in the story that happen between the characters (that I won't spoil) feel totally forced but overall the movie is very well made.
    The reason the movie stands out from all the other alien abduction movies,is the fact that it doesn't hide the actual aliens and there are plenty of scenes with alien action,so the movie doesn't use those cheap,low-budget horror tricks you'd usually expect from an alien abduction movie. The aliens themselves look pretty awesome (Yes,they are the typical Tall Greys),though they used only one model for all scenes,which does become obvious later on in the movie.

If you watch a lot of horror movies you'll probably see it coming,but personally,I did not expect that last-minute twist to happen. No spoilers (obviously) but seriously,fuck the military.

Overall,if you're a fan of aliens (both irl and in the movies),I'd recommend you watch it. Otherwise,if you automatically bash every alien horror movie that appears and are looking for some alien movie that will change your mind you should probably skip it.

Pros:
    - Aliens look awesome.
    - The UFO is really detailed,and you also get to see the inside of the ship.
    - The climax of the movie is worth it,at least in my opinion.
    - Aliens aren't some generic evil guys who experiment on humans because reasons. If you pay at least a little bit of attention,you'll get the general meaning behind their abductions.
    - Plenty of alien action.
    - The ending.

Cons:
    - Totally cliche and actually funny moments (not sure if that was intentional or not),especially at the beginning of the movie.
    - Forced relationships between certain characters.
    - The story takes a while to kick in.
    - A character that seems somewhat important is mysteriously left out at one point and never mentioned again.
    - Predictable deaths for certain characters and animals.
    - Though they aren't supposed to scare you,the "jump scares" are quite predictable.
    Last edited by mmocb3bae280f1; 2014-12-01 at 11:53 PM.

Red River 10/10

I'm a huge fan of John Wayne

10+ Year Old Account
    The Maze Runner (2014): 3/10

Boring and not entertaining or fun at all. The look/design of dystopian future, "struggles" between characters, using stupid names for the bad monsters/bad guys, stupid obscure flashbacks/dreams, one catchphrase that always plays a "significant" role by the end of the movie, one-dimensional characters with zero depth portrayed by genetically superior teenagers, the plot twist at the end that is always fucking there, it's as if we've seen that same shit before. It's not even funny anymore. Imagine this as an even more boring version of Hunger Games, Divergent, Ender's Game etc (pretty much every latest teen sci-fi/dystopian movie). Unless you want to see a copy paste of those, avoid.

Let's hope movies like this don't become the standard for sci-fi in the future (and box office numbers tell me they will). I would be mad if I paid actual money to see this.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-12-02 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interstellar 10/10

Wow. I'm so glad I stayed away from the trailers and most of the chatter around this film. I went in with little knowledge of the plot and was so blown away and moved by it's scope, complexity, and heart. It's epic, daring, imaginative, challenging, and unapologetic. I've been on-board McConaughey's fanbus for awhile now (probably like everyone else) but this performance solidifies him in the highest echelon of actors. He left it all out there. All of the performances were excellent.

This movie was something else. I want to watch it again. Favorite of the year.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2014-12-02 at 02:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFuse View Post
    Interstellar 10/10

Wow. I'm so glad I stayed away from the trailers and most of the chatter around this film. I went in with little knowledge of the plot and was so blown away and moved by it's scope, complexity, and heart. It's epic, daring, imaginative, challenging, and unapologetic. I've been on-board McConaughey's fanbus for awhile now (probably like everyone else) but this performance solidifies him in the highest echelon of actors. He left it all out there. All of the performances were excellent.

This movie was something else. I want to watch it again. Favorite of the year.
    To be fair I really didn't have much of an idea about what to expect even after watching it's 3 or so trailers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mockingjay 8.5/10

It was really good, and I actually liked it a lot more than the book. This movie was meant to be slow to build up for part 2 so the lack of action wasn't a big deal for me. They are starting an uprising and that doesn't happen by blowing shit up (at least not completely) and the story has to reflect that. I personally think part 1 did a good job of pleasing everyone but I guess that will never be possible. All the people who want action, action, and more action will like part 2 a lot more.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Scarymovie 1 - 8/10

I don't know what it is but this one is so damn good at parts. Love when scream is getting stoned with shorty and does his rap while killing all shorty's buddies, haha.

Predestination - 5/10
    Whoever played the girl did not impress me at all and the conclusion was so obvious.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 - 5/10
    I liked the previous Hunger Games movie but this one was so boring. Jlaw's acting wasn't so great this time around and the writing was weak (not quite as weak as Twilight but not too far from it either). I imagine they should have just kept the final book as one movie instead of dragging it out over two movies cause the plot in this one definitely wasn't enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    O Palhaço/The Clown - 8,5/10 (Brazillian Movie)

One of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. I know it's in a different language than english and it's not the same thing, but if you have a chance, watch it. It's probably on Netflix with english subs (we have it on BR Netflix). If it isn't, it's worth huntint it down, haha.

No more words, just love it!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Mockingjay 8.5/10

It was really good, and I actually liked it a lot more than the book. This movie was meant to be slow to build up for part 2 so the lack of action wasn't a big deal for me. They are starting an uprising and that doesn't happen by blowing shit up (at least not completely) and the story has to reflect that. I personally think part 1 did a good job of pleasing everyone but I guess that will never be possible. All the people who want action, action, and more action will like part 2 a lot more.
    That book is the one and only book I've willingly read that I didn't like in my entire life, and I've read a lot of books. It's absolutely terribly written and has little thought and compassion put into it, especially compared to the first book in particular. The movie can't possibly be worse than that piece of shit sorry excuse of a book. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on it myself but I will be giving it a try. Seems like they did exactly what they did with HP; first half of part 7 was quite slow and felt drastically different from all the other HP films, the second had most of the action. I know it was a crash grab, but I felt like HP was appropriate (enough) to be split into two. There really isn't enough material in Mockingjay to warrant two movies, though. Unless they add enough stuff in to make it not suck. Anyways,

Interstellar: 9.5/10

I had no idea what it was about going in asides from the basic theme. This is probably going to be the movie to beat this year come award time, and I must say I was blown away. Seeing it in Imax with only a dozen other people in the theater helped too, I suppose. Without spoiling anything because I'm too lazy to make tags, I thought the ending was a bit rushed (especially for such a long movie) but the best way I can describe this movie is Inception in space...and well with time instead of dreams. A must-see movie, IMO.

Mockingjay Part 1 might have been slow to some, but it's still the best Hunger Games movie yet in my opinion, and I thought Catching Fire was really great. Brought the whole franchise up on another level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    That book is the one and only book I've willingly read that I didn't like in my entire life, and I've read a lot of books. It's absolutely terribly written and has little thought and compassion put into it, especially compared to the first book in particular. The movie can't possibly be worse than that piece of shit sorry excuse of a book. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on it myself but I will be giving it a try. Seems like they did exactly what they did with HP; first half of part 7 was quite slow and felt drastically different from all the other HP films, the second had most of the action. I know it was a crash grab, but I felt like HP was appropriate (enough) to be split into two. There really isn't enough material in Mockingjay to warrant two movies, though. Unless they add enough stuff in to make it not suck. Anyways,
    I agree, the first 2 books were great, but it's hard to believe that the last book was written by the same person. I'm usually pretty good at finishing books within a week or less but Mockingjay took me a good 2 months because I kept stopping to read other books, and than forcing myself to go back to Mockingjay. I don't like leaving books unfinished. And I will say that the last 1/4th of the book wasn't terrible like the rest, but getting to that point was a drag.

The writers of the movie took out a lot of the boring trash from the book and kept enough of the good stuff to make the movie entertaining. And all of my friends who have read the book also agree with me when they say the movie was on a whole other level from the book. The first Mockingjay movie was good, not amazing, but I think the second one will top the last 3 unless the writers fuck it all up.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.