Haven't seen it, cowboy.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Haven't seen it, cowboy.
    Ah well, touché.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went to see Kingsman - The Secret Service last week....

Up until the break it was worth about a 6/10 being mildly amusing. After the break even the film stopped taking itself seriously for which it should receive a negative score. Overall a 3/10.

Being generous here because it's weekend.

Haven't seen it in a while, but I forgot how great and emotional it is. Titanic 8.5/10
    The fad of hating on this movie should end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    The fad of hating on this movie should end.
    No. Kill it. Kill it with.... eh..... ice!

Dead Snow Red vs Dead 8/10

Both that and the first Dead Snow are extremely entertaining dark comedy zombie horror movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Focus 1/10 Absolute horse shit, boring and bad plot. Think it's probably the first film I've seen with Will Smith that's been crap.
    Esh, thanks. I mean it looked alright, stylish as hell, but I mean the plot looked like they grabbed the most annoying aspect of a heist movie and focused (ha) on just entirely that. Shame. Really looking forward to the next movie those two are then, Suicide Squad! After Earth is probably better than Focus though.

spongebob squarepants: sponge out of water 7/10

about as good as I expected it to be. but I was a little too sober for that movie when I saw it with my date. for sure need to to see it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lazarus Effect. 7/10 It was a pretty great storyline with some freaky moments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Really, that good? I'm taking my girls to see it this weekend. Hoping it's tolerable and not all singing, lol.
    There's at most two songs and it's not full blasting musical just like 20-30 seconds both times and it's just a lullaby sang to Ella when she's a child and another at the very end, everything else is very well made. The only singing you'll get is from Frozen Fever. I loved it and i had no intention of seeing it in theaters.

The Maze Runner: 7.5/10

Some moments caught my attention, but nothing that I would recommend. Still a good movie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Esh, thanks. I mean it looked alright, stylish as hell, but I mean the plot looked like they grabbed the most annoying aspect of a heist movie and focused (ha) on just entirely that. Shame. Really looking forward to the next movie those two are then, Suicide Squad! After Earth is probably better than Focus though.
    Seen Focus, and thought it was pretty darn mediocre, but After Earth is supposedly the bottom of the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Really, that good? I'm taking my girls to see it this weekend. Hoping it's tolerable and not all singing, lol.
    Seeing it this weekend too, guessing it'll be a 7/10 for me, seems like the consensus for most from what I gather. It also seems like it's well made, but as a faithful adaption to an old story everybody knows, I'm assuming it'll be predictable as heck.

To those asking about Cinderella - I just watched it today after seeing that 10/10 review. I'm not sure it gets a 10 out of me, but it was pretty damn good. I'm a little bit sad that there were no song clips from the classic...there were some places they could have cleverly inserted something without making it terribly obvious, but otherwise I had no qualms with it. It sticks pretty faithfully with the classic, unlike some previous remakes (Maleficent and Snow White come to mind), which I have mixed feelings about - there was no twist or surprise factor, so it felt a lot like watching a movie I've already seen. Regardless, the costumes are in fact fantastic, I felt like the acting was believable, and Prince Charming is Robb Stark, so...there's that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the fairy godmother was fantastic.
    Last edited by Seosaimhin; 2015-03-14 at 11:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    First, however, I must escape the clutches of the evil warlock Chris Metzonius of Blizzardonia. Only then may I return to Azeroth and smite the Horde with righteous fury!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kingsman - 7/10

Pretty generic film with a few bright spots.

#illberightback
    You cared enough to post.

Cinderella (2015) - 7.5/10
    This live-action adaption of Cinderella is really quite good. It's heart-warming, it's cutesy, it looks great (it will probably at least get a best costume nomination at next year's Oscars), and it's not like the other "live-action adaptions", which completely change the stories they're based on and mostly just uses the originals for name recognition and nostalgia. It gets a bit too cheesy at times, but for the most part it succeeds in drawing you into this fairy-tale world. The morale is very neat, too. I'll go as far as to say it's probably better than the original animation, it's modern and has more to it, and cuts a lot of the Mice and Lucifer slapstick the animation is filled with. I usually don't like giving .5 scores, but I'm still a bit torn between giving it 7/10 or 8/10. I might give it 8/10 later down the line when it has had time to settle in my mind. Seeing Cate Blanchett and Robb Stark (Richard Madden) was cool too, and the acting was great, although one could argue the stepmother and stepsisters got a bit too cartoony at times.

Big Hero 6 - 4/10

My overall lack of reaction really factored into it.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Cinderella (2015) - 7.5/10
    This live-action adaption of Cinderella is really quite good. It's heart-warming, it's cutesy, it looks great (it will probably at least get a best costume nomination at next year's Oscars), and it's not like the other "live-action adaptions", which completely change the stories they're based on and mostly just uses the originals for name recognition and nostalgia. It gets a bit too cheesy at times, but for the most part it succeeds in drawing you into this fairy-tale world. The morale is very neat, too. I'll go as far as to say it's probably better than the original animation, it's modern and has more to it, and cuts a lot of the Mice and Lucifer slapstick the animation is filled with. I usually don't like giving .5 scores, but I'm still a bit torn between giving it 7/10 or 8/10. I might give it 8/10 later down the line when it has had time to settle in my mind. Seeing Cate Blanchett and Robb Stark (Richard Madden) was cool too, and the acting was great, although one could argue the stepmother and stepsisters got a bit too cartoony at times.
    This is how I feel about it. Not sure if I want to give it a 7 or an 8. I wouldn't have minded a twist or two in the story - not to the extent of other adaptations, but having something fresh added to it would have been neat. Probably why I enjoyed the fairy godmother so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    First, however, I must escape the clutches of the evil warlock Chris Metzonius of Blizzardonia. Only then may I return to Azeroth and smite the Horde with righteous fury!

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Cinderella. 10/10 they fucking did it they beat a Disney classic. By far their best remake/live action film. I really hope they win an award for costume design, so gorgeous.
    9.5 for me! I took my 8 year old niece to see it today, and was - thankfully- quite surprised! It was very slick. I'd never seen Cate play evil before - she does it quite well (She's no Anjelica Huston - but who is ) Sets and costumes were breathtaking - definitely Oscars going that way. Would have been a 10 if there had at least been some sort of plot twist (Or more Helena)

Very very good movie!

Deleted
    Haven't seen it, cowboy.
    do yourself a favour, Don't.
    Just a large dose of nepotism to get his untalented actor of a son a part in a "Blockbuster" movie.
    Seriously, if you are a Will Smith fan, Avoid this movie like the plague, it is quite possibly the single worst performance he has done in his entire acting career. The movie had the bare bones idea of a good scifi flick, but Jayden Smith's terrible acting, and the laziness of Will Smiths performance killed this dead. If I had to rate it it would be

Nil Pois

Just saw the movie Tammy at home in living room on TV since it was HBO's movie of the week.

Walked in expecting a comedy. 20 minutes in it was a bad movie that kept the same characters on screen and just badly transitioned to new locations with little plot progression, and I the jokes were meh. (Everything good was in the commercials.) Was ready to turn it off. (So many awkward pauses after jokes where I was just like stone faced. You really needed to be in a crowded movie theater where you had some simple people laughing at the jokes to lighten the mood.)

1h in I realize that this shit shouldn't even qualify as a comedy. It heavily leans toward heartfelt emotional shit where a socially awkward "out there" loser has an awakening with her senile partying grandma. socliche. I'm not even saying that was the driving plot. I'm saying that there were no funny situations anymore. I feel ripped off. They advertised the fuck out of the movie as Tammy being funny being a fatso trying to outrun cops because of a bee and being a bad robber asking for apple pies, and the rest of the movie has nothing close to even attempting to be as humorous.

0.25/10 not worth anyone's time, false advertising for sure. I only give it 0.25 because the story is consistent.