Deleted
    Dr Strange - 7/10

I enjoyed the whole vibe of the movie. Very mystic and supernatural. I don't know, there is something about the magic feeling of it all that made me happy.
    Don't think it could be rated an 8 only because it was not memorable and with little to no memorable moments worth remembering...but it was a good movie.

The only thing a bit "off" about the movie is the way how the organization accepted Dr Strange. It was as if they already knew him or something.
    "Hey random guy we never met before, you are welcome here. Check out this crazy stuff we are capable of doing. We are a secret organization but hey check out this magic stuff.
    Look we have a library full of forbidden spells and forbidden artifacts but you are free to take them, no problem."

Hell even the book the main bad guy took the page from and made a whole catastrophe was open to the public to read. WTF!

Great movie non the less

Lego Batman- 9.5/10

Like, I was literally blown away, I didn't expect the movie to be THAT good. I'm sure I'll get people mocking that, but I felt as if every single joke was on point. I'm not sure how else to put it, it actually made me excited to be watching it. I'll definitely be picking it up once it hits bluray, along with like, the 3 other movies I've ever bothered to get.

John Wick 2. 10/10

Better in every way possible from the first part, and the first one was a way above average action movie already. Better action, more of those small little details that make the movie stand out, better scenery, the catacombs looked fucking incredible and when you think you've seen it all it just takes it a couple of steps higher and turns into the best action movie ever made.

This movie deserves all the praise it gets. Also the first time in years I genuinely had a "money well spend" feeling after going to the cinema.

Only negative point is that the whole buildup to the female bodyguard/assassin end up a bit disappointing.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Lego Batman - 9/10 (Great)

As with the first Lego film, this was an amazing movie to experience in theaters. While the first one had a better plot, this one has even better jokes. Can't wait for Lego Ninjago later this year!

John Wick Chapter 2 7.5/10
    A continuation directly from the prior film. Well choreographed carnage, higher body count and ups the ante quite a bit on every category for this type of action film.
    The female bodyguard fight was disappointing...though not surprising. Wick had already gone through a ton of bodies, some of which were far more formidable, I had to wonder what gimmick could she possibly have had that would have made things interesting? Had she at least flashed him some cleavage...but nooo...

Disconnect (2012) - 1/10

Terribly overrated. I found all 3 storylines boring, and opposed to good movies in this genre, (interwoven storylines around one common theme), they might as well have been completely seperate. Waste of good actors.

SW Rogue one 8.5/10 while somewhat predictable since the story is already a bit known, still a good movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nocturnal Animals (2016): 7.5/10

Great cinematography, fucking 10/10 intro, interesting plot but overall slow build-up, and it got rough around the edges in the middle. Still, overall a pretty good movie, not for everyone though as it tends to get very Malick-y or Refn-y.

Manchester by the Sea (2016): 8/10

A normal, more personal story for once. Great acting by everyone involved, especially Affleck, everyone felt 100% relatable and well fleshed out. Really solid and unique movie as in it has very normal characters in a sea of hyper-realistic or surrealistic anime tier personas in movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manchester by the Sea - 10/10

I don't know that I've seen as many films come out in one year before that have left me such a weeping mess. There was something so clear, so sharp about Casey Affleck's performance that it just broke my heart. His grief permeated the silence of the film. His chemistry with Lucas Hedges, his nephew, was brilliant. Lucas was brilliant. Michelle Williams, who is such a gifted actress, had so moving a scene with Affleck that it just kind of rattled my foundation.

A really beautiful film.

John Wick 2 8/10

Really fun. I may or may not have enjoyed the first John Wick more. But this is a silly, well made and slick movie. Very enjoyable.

Lego Batman 7/10

Very enjoyable. Super, super charming. Michael Cera is excellent and the portrayal of Robin is endearing. The ending is kinda lame. But the lead up is fun. Wish the Batman villains were more integrated though.

Rings 2/10

Stupid, lazy, lame.

Sex Doll 6/10

Cool premise. Uneven acting and more fantastical than realistic- which would be fine if the resolution wasn't so silly.

The Space Between Us 2/10

Bad script and directing. Absurd premise and full of plot holes. Just so badly written.

A bunch of stuff on Amazon Prime that I hadn't seen yet, only got through 2.5 of those so far.
    Creed: 8/10 solid, always liked Wallace, so seeing him as Adonis "Creed" Johnson was great, love Tessa and of course, Sly.

Dirty Grandpa: 7.75/10 Aubrey was great haha, i felt this movie needed nudity, it was one of "those types" that I think needed it. I wish Efron was more Efronian, but was overall entertaining

John Wick: Chapter 2: 8.75/10 Yeah, this was what we all expected and wanted it to be. As others mentioned, Ruby Rose was sort of built up for something, but that was meh. I loved all of the nods to the previous movie, but it was almost overkill when it was the same story - they should have thrown in a new "wtf" story. The "yeah yeah, I heard this story before" and dude was like "yeah, any story you may have heard would be an underestimation of what happened", so repeating the previous shit was a little deflating.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Hacksaw Ridge 8/10. A fantastic movie with great acting by Andrew Garfield. Also looks like the return of Mel Gibson as a director.

Arrival 7/10. I did expect more from it but it was in the end a really good movie. The end did bring a tear to my eye.

Deleted
    Hacksaw Ridge - 7/10
    Great film, However a little too long for my liking. could easily have been 20 to 30 mins shorter by cutting down on the amount of character building at the start of the film.
    That being said, still a very enjoyable movie considering the subject matter, and I would not be suprised to see it pick up an oscar.

Deleted
    Hacksaw 5/10.

It was well boring. Bad shots. The only good part was Vince Vaughn in bootcamp.

Arrival 8/10

Decent sci-fi. Everything Interstellar wishes it was.

Silence 7/10

Oscar bait. Great acting, decent story, well filmed.

John Wick: Chapter 2 9/10
    It was a really entertaining film very much in line with the first. I very much look forward to the inevitable third installment.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

Silence 7/10

Oscar bait.
    Not really, actually. Pretty atypical film, and it only got a nod for cinematography, which is surprising considering it was Scorsese who directed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solace (2015)

Absolutely incredible thriller and, you could say, a spiritual successor to Se7en (1995), although deeper, in my opinion, with elements of drama and philosophy. The ending blew my mind away; like in The Life of David Gale (2003) or Unthinkable (2010), it makes you look at the whole story in a different way, discovering the traits in the main character you thought weren't there. Anthony Hopkins' play is incredible: hard to believe, but, even at his nearly 80 age, he is still growing as an actor, and growing spectacularly.

Points off for the movie being somewhat slow in places and having a bit of unnecessary scenes. Also, I thought soundtrack didn't fit the movie at certain scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Rampage 2: Capital Punishment. 6/10
    The Continuation of the Bill Wilimamson Rampage from Uwe Boll, Now I know what a lot of people will say "Uwe Boll Can't make movies" and to be fair, this is not a A list movie. Pretty much every actor, and extra are either complete unknowns, or in the case of "Chip" (Lochlyn Munro) the news anchor, only known for TV or a few movies. As in the first one there is pleanty of murder, mayhem and chaotic dark humor from the main protagonist who takes over a news station to get his political idology heard. And that is about as complex as the film gets.

Entertaining if you can get past the medicore to bad acting, and makes a lot more sense if you have seen the first one.

Rampage: (3) President Down 7/10
    The culmination (so far) of the series again by Boll, this one focuses much more on story line than the mayhem. And suprisingly it is actually quiet engrosing. Showing a much softer and loving side to Williamson and the family that he hasGirlfriend and Son pop out of nowhere. Yes there is still the rampent violence and the twisted idology that is the main driving force for the entire series, but unlike the previous two films it is not the main focus of the film. Yes there is some pretty bad acting by some of the cast the FBI agents are almost comical in some parts where it is meant to be serious but then the same actors also put in some pretty good performances )same two FBI agents sharing a moment about how one has lost his family, and one who won't wear his wedding ring to work as a way of not bringing them into his world.) The only realy bad thing I had from this film was the obviously shot on hand cam scenes which where horribly shaky at times.

Good end to the series so far, a Little far fetched with some of the outcomes of his message getting to the masses, Definitly worth watching if you have seen the others.

Rampage as a series started off with a pretty grim subject matter (mass killing by a single person) but over the course of the three movies makes sense as you get to see Bill grow as a man, and how his idology and message changes both him, and the people it reaches. Worth watching if you can past the semi bad acting by some of the cast, delibrate shaky hand cam and that it is a uwe boll film.

10+ Year Old Account
    John Wick: Chapter 2: 9 ~ 10 That was a lot of fun. Chapter 3 soon, please.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi