Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Gerald's Game or 1922 both on netflix and made by netflix.
    Now I understand why South Park joked that Netflix would give anyone a movie/TV series.

Streamed Gerald's Game from some site on desktop. (I don't have netflix. I pay $173 a month on cable/internet.)

It feels like a ScyFy (TV-only) movie so I don't think I'd rate it. Or maybe like a documentary. It's like a...movie that really speaks to you and analyzes some psychology.

It was hard to watch old people...fool around...and being all lovey dovey in the beginning of the movie. (Personal opinion, not that it affects my objective rating.)

The "horror" is mostly...uhhh how do I say this without spoiling...talking about what's going to happen and about this lady's human experience. Which is different.

Idk. 0.5/10. There's like really no action. The plot barely advances because it just goes to speak of this lady's past. I read that it was a Stephen King book from 1992 and probably it was good to read, but in movie format it's like...yeah. Not really "movie" quality like Marvel or other stuff. I was tempted to call it "not a movie" lols.

I tried to stream 1922 but the audio was messed up. Might look for another version of it today or tomorrow.

Thor: Ragnarok (2017) - 8/10

First time I've been pleasantly surprised by a MCU movie since the first Guardians of the Galaxy back in 2014. And it's the most surprising for the changes they actually made to the universe since The Winter Soldier. It felt different, or at least different enough from the standard MCU fare to me, and you could actually sense that Taika Waititi was behind the camera.

I kinda got Iron Man 3 vibes from it, in the sense of the situation it put the main character in and that you could actually feel the director's style. I was afraid it was going to feel like it was just copying the style of Guardians of the Galaxy, but I actually felt like it was different enough, despite barking up a similar tree. I dug the 80's style synths too.

Also, this is the first time I can remember a trailer has had a shot that was "manipulated" to hide a spoiler in the way a certain shot was in the most recent trailer for this movie.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-10-26 at 12:01 AM.

Alien - 1979. 10/10. i cant really remember how many times i saw it but i can never grow tired of it. sigourney weaver is the best!
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Thor: Ragnarok (2017) - 8/10

First time I've been pleasantly surprised by a MCU movie since the first Guardians of the Galaxy back in 2014.
    Are you honestly surprised? Studio interference is capable of killing the potential of a film, and sometimes ruin it altogether, but when kept to a minimum, it shouldn't come as a surprise if the film suceeds with flying colours if the director is someone like Waititi.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Are you honestly surprised? Studio interference is capable of killing the potential of a film, and sometimes ruin it altogether, but when kept to a minimum, it shouldn't come as a surprise if the film suceeds with flying colours if the director is someone like Waititi.
    Studio interference isn't all bad as some would like to believe, but the trailers didn't really blow me away, so I thought they might have minimized Waititi's influence, especially when I saw he didn't have writing credits.

Bladerunner 2049

Friggin amazing. 10/10. I haven't seen a good movie in so long, this was such a refreshing experience.

Everything about it was just top tier. I'd strongly suggest seeing it in a theater with good speakers before it's gone. This is definitely a theater movie.

While I didn't like the original, this stood well on its own.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Bahuubali 1 & 2

7/10

These movies were awesome! War Scenes, romance, singing, 1v1 fights, over the top effects.

Hindi Movie (Baliwood) As a newborn, the heir to the throne is displaced out of his kingdom, and raised by strangers. 25 year pass, and the man decides to adventure out of his village. He encounters new people, gorgeous women, warrior factions and is thrust into a struggle for power to reclaim his birthright, the throne.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kings men golden circle.

1/10 was pretty horrible.

Blade Runner 2049 the film is nothing less than phenominal. If you're a sci-fi/ fantasy fan, Blade Runner 2049 is a must see. If not, you may like the movie anyway. 10 of 10 Almost gave the movie a 9, but I simply can't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Con Men (2015) - 8/10

Nothing flashy. Nothing overly original. The ending wasn't a big surprise. However, the acting was good and the story was well told. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    (Currently free on Amazon Prime Video)

10+ Year Old Account
    seeing Thor Rag next weekend. Would I need to see the second one? I didnt like the first one. But this one has Hulk in it

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    seeing Thor Rag next weekend. Would I need to see the second one? I didnt like the first one. But this one has Hulk in it
    Knowing what happened in that and Age of Ultron kind of matters. Although a wiki page could probably accomplish that as well.

Yeah it does have some story thats mentioned in passing in Ragnarok

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Knowing what happened in that and Age of Ultron kind of matters. Although a wiki page could probably accomplish that as well.
    wiki it is because I heard that movie is not very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it does have some story thats mentioned in passing in Ragnarok
    I saw Ultron, so alrightly. I assume its to do with that Thor vision stuff that was kinda dumb and weird.

wiki it is because I heard that movie is not very good.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw Ultron, so alrightly. I assume its to do with that Thor vision stuff that was kinda dumb and weird.
    Thor 2 has an Infinity stone in it and stuff pertaining to Ragnarok. Just go watch it and be done with it and never watch it again.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thor 2 has an Infinity stone in it and stuff pertaining to Ragnarok. Just go watch it and be done with it and never watch it again.
    wiki it is!

The Killing of a Sacred Deer 10/10

Unrelenting dark and intense. The performances are superb- Farrel turns in his second phenomenal performance of the year. Kidman is the best she has been since... Eyes Wide Shut. Direction, editing and script are all equally as good as the performances. Thoughtful, deeply intelligent and tendentious in it's bleakness. This is a horror film of sorts in which the horror comes from the nature of mankind itself.

Jigsaw 5/10

Eh. Not terrible, not great either. Too PG-13 in some aspects and tired gimmick in other aspects. The film didn't have a clear, strong vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Killing of a Sacred Deer 10/10
    Have you seen the other Giorgos Lanthimos movies like Dogtooth and The Lobster? How does it compare to them? Loved all his movies, that dude really knows how to combine enigmatic and weird with resonating, thought provoking and riveting storytelling.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-10-28 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Have you seen the other Giorgos Lanthimos movies like Dogtooth and The Lobster?
    Yes.

How does it compare to them?
    More coherent than Dogtooth, better than The Lobster. I LOVED the Lobster, fyi.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-10-28 at 02:15 PM.

It 7/10

I thought the acting was great, especially the Eddie kid. Not very scary, but then again I appreciate that the movie wasn't dark or zoomed in on cheeks before revealing the bad guy with false violins playing. I kinda liked it. A bit weird with the storyline like the Munchausen by proxy mother and the father who raped his daughter. Maybe that is from the book though idk I haven't read it no idea how faithful the movie is. Overall very silly story.