Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why people HATE leveling in Outland so badly?

*Acting like red-shirt guy in Blizzcon* I read through this forum several times now and I noticed something, why people hate leveling in Outland so badly? What your reason for it?

Repetitive.

Having multiple 80's, going through outlands for a 8th time or so is not so great.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just plain bad.The quests are repetitive and zones are just bland.

Outland leveling was better than vanilla leveling, but worse than NR. Now with the revamp, its the worst of the 3. NR had epic quest chains and phasing, but outland was too grindy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, i think BC was worst looking, worst designed expansion. I HATE the look of everything out there, the questing is boring at best, annoying at worst. the look of outland/belf/draenei areas just doesnt match anything else in wow. The whole expansion just felt wrong.

i like outlands better then northrend, probably because i absolutly despised it

ehh, im pretty pumped to take my druid to Outland, Just to tank the instances ;P

Deleted
    hellfire peninsula gives me cancer..

Please try to be careful about posting phrases that could easily be seen as offencive or hurtful. Warning. ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-05 at 11:10 PM.

It's vanilla with flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    the lack of choices in your scenary. you may not have much option in northrend, but you still have some.

Well, pre 4.0.3 it was my favorite area to level in. I just found that it went so fast. Now it is the worst. Why? The quests give less XP than ones on azeroth untill 63 ish. The 5 mans aren't updated so bosses have 1/3rd of the health of BRD ones and the quests are all spread out unlike azeroth and parts of northrend.

It just isn't updated. It was never amazing but I would say that it was better than the rest of the zones.

Deleted
    At least it's better than the old world imo. (even after the changes). You can fly. In fact, I enjoy leveling more in outland than in northrend.

Perspective is the answer to your question.

The first time people hit outland, they generally liked it. The quests were fresh and dynamic, zones were interesting and new. Years later, after doing countless alts, most people are just bored with it.

Not all realize this, and just carry on about how much it sucks or this and that. But it's really just a matter of over-exposure.

I prefer Outlands to Northrend because it goes so fast. Northrend just -feels- like it's ridiculously slow. After having gone through the questlines about 8 times though I have stopped caring for the content on each. Dungeons are also generally less painful before Northrend. I couldn't tell that they had changed NR exp requirement, just that mobs hit a lot harder than usual.

Another thing about it that annoys me is for some reason, most of the zones have really bad FPS issues. I don't know why, I'm assuming its a mix between the sheer expansiveness of the Twisting Nether mixed with possibly poorly compiled graphics code. Terokkar and Nagrand in particular are miserable. I know it's kind of a pointless issue, but it really ruins the experience for me.

Also, the questing just feels annoying after doing it over 5 times, at least even the Old World zones had variety (you had choices of which zones to level in). In Outland, your pretty much forced to the same zones: HPF > ZM > TF > Nagrand > BEM (if you're not 68 by then)

I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason it was a ton of fun the first time but all times after that it was incredibly boring. All other zones I don't really mind, it's just outland.

I love outlands...

Fond memories of finally leaving old level 55-60 zones and gettin into pretty outlands I do have indeed..

And anyway... it takes max 2 and a half zones to finish that place, you can hardly complain.... HFP, Zangar.. and lovely lovely nagrand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

I can get through Hellfire as Alliance oddly enough but I get far too bored doing it. Doing Horde quests are worse because they seem to go all over the damn map.

By the time I hit Zangarmarsh at 63-64 I'm taping the veins of my arm to see if I'm still alive.

Because the questing isn't that good and we have been there so many times
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeyoss View Post
    Personally, i think BC was worst looking, worst designed expansion. I HATE the look of everything out there, the questing is boring at best, annoying at worst. the look of outland/belf/draenei areas just doesnt match anything else in wow. The whole expansion just felt wrong.
    This, for the most part.

A few areas are nice Nagrand in particular was impressive but the majority look ridiculous to the point of insanity. In addition a LOT of the mobs are mind-numbingly irritating (I. Hate. Felboars.) and make questing horrific. Finally, there is no variation to leveling. It is just the same cycle repeated every single time you are forced to quest there, no variation makes me a sad panda.