Dec 7th.... What about maintenance?

Will there be maintenance its a Tuesday.. Thoughts?

They haven't had maintenance on a launch day that i can remember, other then emergency downtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember reading a post that they were planning on a seamless transition between expansions, hopefully all the down time will be early in the morning.

So since we can't "play" until 12:01 PST does that mean we can play all day Monday without expansion up until Midnight? Then we get kicked off? or have to logout? Log back in and boom, Cata? (Assuming you already have it installed that is.)
    Last edited by Thjasse; 2010-12-03 at 01:57 AM. Reason: changed Tuesday to Monday ty Jerakal

We already had the maintenance, it was about a week ago.

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thjasse View Post
    So since we can't "play" until 12:01 PST does that mean we can play all day Tuesday without expansion up until Midnight? Then we get kicked off? or have to logout? Log back in and boom, Cata? (Assuming you already have it installed that is.)
    Also I thought it was Tuesday morning we'd be playing, unless you meant Monday in your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Muwhahah, Britian = Wednesday maintenance. I'll be having the entire day to enjoy my sweet cataclysmic juicyness
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

So since we can't "play" until 12:01 PST does that mean we can play all day Tuesday without expansion up until Midnight? Then we get kicked off? or have to logout? Log back in and boom, Cata? (Assuming you already have it installed that is.)
    Its already installed, thats what the Shattering was, all the data for Cataclysm. On Tuesday, if you got the digital version, all you have to do is log in. If you buy it at the store, then all you have to do is go to the account management page and put in your pass key.

I don't think I've ever seen Blizzard say you'd be able to play at Midnight, but when "Servers come back up".

I have been around for the first two expansions and don't remember a maintenance day on release day. I heard that if you have the digital download you'll be able to play at 12:01 am, but that doesn't mean they'll take servers down for emergency maintenance or something of that sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Its already installed, thats what the Shattering was, all the data for Cataclysm. On Tuesday, if you got the digital version, all you have to do is log in. If you buy it at the store, then all you have to do is go to the account management page and put in your pass key.

I don't think I've ever seen Blizzard say you'd be able to play at Midnight, but when "Servers come back up".
    Yeah i Guess that was my question, if they are "bringing the servers down" when and for how long on Monday.

So since we can't "play" until 12:01 PST does that mean we can play all day Monday without expansion up until Midnight? Then we get kicked off? or have to logout? Log back in and boom, Cata? (Assuming you already have it installed that is.)
    Probably something like that, yes.
    If everything goes without bugging out at an inappropriate moment, of course.

There will be bugs. And emergency maintainance etc. And there will be a million QQ threads on mmo stating that blizzard are shit and need to pull it together blabla. So at least we will have something to read during downtime:P
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

Yeah i Guess that was my question, if they are "bringing the servers down" when and for how long on Monday.
    Well, obviously they can do whatever they want, but I don't remember them ever taking the servers down for maintenance on a Monday... especially the day before an xpac release. You may see some downtime during the week though with server reboots, unexpected crashes and/or hot fixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i thought last blue post i saw said you could not log into wow till 3am which kind counters what they said at Blizzcon..........

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmax View Post
    Well i thought last blue post i saw said you could not log into wow till 3am which kind counters what they said at Blizzcon..........
    Link to post? I try to keep good track of blue posts and never saw anything stating this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmax View Post
    Midnight pacific. 3am EST. God knows in europe and Aussieland. Timezones are important buddy.