[mod:shift] modifier question

So I'm attempting to setup a relatively simply macro for my feral druid, but it's not a class specific problem. This could be done with 2 skills from any class. I want to cast Mangle with the shift key held down, and Shred when not held down. Have macro currently set as:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Mangle(Cat Form); Shred(Cat Form)

The first ability (Mangle) should be cast when shift modifier is present, and the second (Shred) when no shift. Shred is casting fine, but Mangle (shift) will not cast. The tooltip for Mangle shows when shift is pressed, but the actual ability won't fire. I've tried this macro with multiple abilities (Rip / Rake, for instance) with the same results.

What am I doing wrong?

And on a feral specific note (although I'd probably be better off making a separate post), any thoughts on how to macro Tiger's Fury so that it only fires when energy < 40? I'm new to this macroing thing (obviously) and that one's a bit over my head.

Thanks.

Do you have your shift key set as your Focus Cast Key (in Interface options, Combat)? I've found that this setting can interfere with macros that use modifier keys.

Deleted
    Also, check if shift+whatever button you are pressing is not bound for something else. You can go in to binding menu and just bind move forward to it and than bind movement back to "w".

Negative. It's set to use Alt as Self Cast modifier, but nothing using Shift. Was a good thought, tho.

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Shred(Cat Form)
    /cast [mod:shift] Mangle(Cat Form)

This should work.

EDIT: As of patch 2.xx (if I recall right), you cannot make macros launch spells at specific moments. So your Tiger's Fury macro would not work.

We have a winner! Thanks, myhv.
    My shift+1, shift+2 etc. were still bound to Page Keys (showing action bar 1, action bar 2, ect.). I unbound those, and now my shift modifier works beautifully. Why didn't I think of that?

Thanks!