View Poll Results: Are you going to try it?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1 3.70%
  • No

26 96.30%
  • I LOVE YOUR GUIDE

0 0%

DW Frost Fixed DPS Rotation (cast sequence)

I am going to teach the simplest DK frost rotation for people who are not going to be top DPS but winning other DPSers in your guild. This is based on my research in beta catalysm and through my time in WoTLK. I am even teaching how to config your keyboard to best use of this system.

Presence : FROST
    Talent Tree

Stats Priority - Spell hit rate 17% > Expertise > Str > Mastery > Haste > Melee Hits > Crits

Addons
    Errorfilter
    Omen
    Recount
    Tidy plates: Grey Theme
    DBM

Keyboard configurations
    Button 1 - Deathgrip
    Button 2 - Howling Blast
    Button 3 - Macro
    #showtooltips
    /cast Frost Strike
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Blood Tap
    /cast Pillar of Frost
    Button 4 - Macro
    #showtooltips
    /use Healthstone
    /cast Icebound Fortitude
    /cast Anti-Magic Shell
    /cast Hungering Cold
    /use Glyph of Indomitability
    /use Corroded Skeleton Key
    /use Medallion of the Horde
    Button 5 - Hungering Cold
    Button 6 - Macro
    /focus
    Button 7 - Food for self buff
    Button 8 - Horn of winter
    Button 9 - Raise Dead
    Button 0 - Death pact
    Button E - Macro
    #showtooltips
    /castsequence reset=combat Blood Strike, Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Blood Strike, Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Plague Strike
    Button Q - Macro
    #showtooltips
    /targetenemy
    /cast !Death and Decay
    Button F - Mind Freeze
    Button G - Strangulate

How to DPS
    1. Select the target you want to DPS
    2. Press Q to get DnD cursor
    3. Down your DnD
    4. Press Button E once for Blood strike (This is important for the 7th rune you will get)
    5. Press Button 3 for Blood tap and pillar of frost ( you will release the used blood rune and in the end you get 7 runes rotation, not 6)
    6. Keep spamming your 2 buttons 'E' and '3' for DPS
    7. See recount
    8. Smile be Happy

How to Play in instance
    1. When you enter an instance, activate Horn of winter for buff (Button 0)
    2. Select your tank and /focus him (Button 6)
    3. Pressing Q will select whatever mob he selects and activating your DnD
    4. Once he starts gathering and pulling adds, put down your DnD
    5. Start DPS (See how to use DPS)
    5. Press Q everytime you see your threat is overcoming tank
    6. Press 4 for emergency when hp less than 60%
    7. Button 2 is when the boss or adds are further away or if you are kiting an adds. You spam Howling blast to slow them when kiting, you can even not face them when pressing. Boss who suddenlt becomes out of reach in melee can still be hit with howling blast.
    8. For regaining HP, raised dead + Death pact
    9. Button F and G are interrupts
    10. Button 1 is for pulling far away adds to your tank

This is a playstyle write up by a lazy person who wants to raid but not really good in details. I admit that don't get high DPS but usually high in Damage done in raids because you can focus more on survival. Living Dpser is DPS.

so you want to teach noob people to dont try to improve?
    Last edited by Aru10; 2010-12-05 at 01:43 AM.

Playing with rotation macro's is for idiots that can't play.

No....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Deleted
    Or (and I know this is a crazy out there idea) you could spend some time learning how to play your class/spec properly. It's not exactly hard to learn the priority and set up any macros you feel you might need based on your learning experience. And it gives you far more versatility, survivability and ability to keep your DPS/damage done at levels near people who aren't utter retards.

"If you don't like it, don't read it".

Well....I had to read it first to see if I liked it...

And I don't.

Diabeetus!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

There are too many things wrong to even bother arguing.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    It should also be mentioned that Strength is actually your number 1 stat priority with hit to melee cap being your second. Hit to spell cap is the last thing you need to be concerned with.

Also I'd imagine you're gonna end up annoying a lot of people if you're just throwing DnD around and spamming howling blast in new dungeons/raids where CC is going to be necessary.

sweet im going to try this...... later
    ggg

terrible advice really. stat priority is very messed up, rotation macros are kinda fail, what's up with the macro on 4? tank trinkets being suggested in a dps guide?

Good God this is horrendous.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we lock and delete this thread please. We have enough bad players as it is without the blind leading the blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Can we lock and delete this thread please. We have enough bad players as it is without the blind leading the blind.
    this
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

You are jealous that I came out with better solution than your EJ guide.

Howling blast is 10 yards go and read your spell book properly, how does it affects CC when you are standing near tank is standing unless he is a noob who cannot hold aggro. I seen a lot of noob tanks in Beta and really good ones without aggro problem with my howling blast. you don't dnd on CC mobs obviously, need to say this? You need a brain.

The macro 4 is because I am a tank too and I use a set of fixed macros. I copied from my game macro to post in here for my convenience.

Spell hit cap is necessary so your howling blast will not miss. It's your best spell. The rotation will get stuck if you go haste. Your plague strike will ended up using one of your precious Death runes. I came up with a solution it's to remove one of the plague strike in the rotation and it works too.

#showtooltips
    /castsequence reset=combat Blood Strike, Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Blood Strike, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Howling Blast, Howling Blast, Plague Strike
    So much haters in reading this thread, shows how stubborn you are and not willing to try before commenting and also it broke your blizzard concept of no fix rotation.

This is free speech rights, if you don't like what others is posting, you have rights not to read, how dare you ask moderators to close the thread. I'm about to write a blood tank thread for instance. tata

Quote Originally Posted by androlite View Post
    This is free speech rights, if you don't like what others is posting, you have rights not to read, how dare you ask moderators to close the thread. I'm about to write a blood tank thread for instance. tata
    This makes me think you're trolling
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

This advice is bad enough to be report worthy. Really, it's that bad.

Rofl at the poll, 0 Yes, 22 No, and 0 "I LOVE YOUR GUIDE"
    Protip: You don't need to add an apostrophe to make things plural.

I see what you've done here, it's so someone who buys a DK from ebay and has never played one can keybind basic spells and basic skills and start of being less than average.

But, your stat priority is wrong. You'r rotation is off for single target, AND for aoe, I would suggest not reading this guide if you're serious about maximising what a frost dk is capable of, but it's not a terrible place to start if you know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by androlite View Post
    This is free speech rights
    Help! Help! He's being repressed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o76WQzVJ434
    2:50

/locked.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2010-12-05 at 04:20 AM.