10+ Year Old Account

New to Expansion Launch...

Hey guys,

I am quite new to this games expansion launches, so I have a few questions to ask. I came in this game a few months after WotLK debuted, and have been playing since then.

I have the LE Im picking up at midnight, I am assuming the process is to get the cd, install it, and then put the serial or whatever number into the game, and I am set to go?

I am also curious to what people will be doing on Alliance side. I myself have 23 dailies in Icecrown I will be handing in. Sons of Hodir, AT, and then the various ones I have. After that, I have read I should port to SW to get the Flying License. If someone can point me in the direction of where exactly in SW is the License, and also, if there is some sort of "starting Cata quests" that would be in SW or any city for that matter.

Thanks in advance!

The trainer for flying in Azeroth in Stormwind is right next to the Flight Master. Its a little dwarf I think. Have fun!
    Last edited by Thundergut; 2010-12-06 at 08:43 PM. Reason: speellling

Basically once you get it and, assuming you are already up to date with WoW patches, you just need to enter the cata upgrade code first by pressing the "upgrade to catalcysm" button on the WoW launcher. Then once you have done that, restart the launcher and enter WoW cata

Well, don't install anything off the Cd. From what I understand, version 4.0.1 is on the CD; so it will likely overwrite what you have now. However, to pass the time, goto your World of Warcraft/WTF folder; look for Launcer.WTF and Config.WTF. Change the SET accounttype from "LK" to "CT". Reload your launcher and it will download the remaining files. Just makes it easier so you can instantly log on and voila your done after upgrading your account.

Just like you said, and there are Call to Arms or something-of-the-sort quests in Stormwind that you pick up directing you to Hyjal and/or vash'jer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help guys. I would have been putting the cd in there first thing if I had never asked!

1) You buy the game in it's boxed form
    2) You "Upgrade" your account with the CDKey at Battle.net
    3) You launch the Launcher, login and then log out / close the game
    4) Re-launch the launcer
    5) Download the patch.

The only difference between the process for the people buying the online upgrade version is that the first step doesn't exist, instead you pay and your CDKey is emailed to you. (Like the below quote).

PS: 4.0.1 wouldn't be on the disk, 4.0.3a would be on the disk. Blizzard had 4.0.3a done before the disks started shipping out. Regardless there's an 800MB patch when you upgrade from WoTLK to CT.