Thread: Speed Hack?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Speed Hack?

So two night ago when I was leading a in-guild rated BG, we got speed hacked by a team from Skullcrusher. I have played wow since Alpha / Beta and I have NEVER seen something like this before, I am extremly surprised that there isn't a built in mechanic that auto disconnects you if you move X-amount of yards per second, such as across the entire map of WSG within the first 5 seconds of the game. Needless to say, we lost the match within 1minute of the game start. Their whole team was in their flag room, while a paladin ported to our flag room within the first 5-10seconds, and then capped it 5 seconds later. I gotta say, it was a good laugh watching him skip port to the flag, you could see visions of him as he crossed the map with insane speed. We kept a rogue on the flag spamming sap, we caught him once, but after that another teammte did the same thing.

So...question is, has anyone encountered this before? And has it ever been noticed or address to blizzard? We put up a ticket, as obviously the whole group was aware this was going on, as their strategy was to 9 man their flag room while one guy ported back and forth. Also the guy doing the hacking had ALL special characters in his name, which I'm not sure how that even got by the system either. It was Aeoeoeoeoeoeoe in all special characters. I'm at work, will try to post a screenshot of this as soon as I get home, to show how the game was lost in less than a minute, which is physically impossible, regardless of all speed buffs in the game. I am however extremly flabergasted that there wasn't a big red flag at Blizzard HQ, you would think something would be internally implimented to warn them when something such as this occurs. And it wouldn't have been as frustrating if our team wasn't playing at a 1800+ level, and there is STILL a bug where some of our players are losing points for games, and we are only gaining small amount of points per win because of our level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've encountered fence-jumping in AB and a few EotS speed bugs but that's about all, that sucks especially at a higher ranking man

Deleted
    Apparently it's hard for them to detect but when you go get to a ridiculous speed increase it actually does DC you, unfortunately for us that speed is like 10 - 15 times faster. It's been around for absolutely years - people are probably just not as stupid to be using it in a BG, (maybe why you've not seen it before) I also encountered it in a low level BG on my alt recently. You can make a ticket and report them, suppose it's obvious once they're being watched and I would expect them to be banned soon after.

I've seen it done before! I would have the entire team open a ticket and report the issue

Its ridiculous that people are dumb enough to use it in a RATED match...thats just prime douche

Always write a report ticket when something like this happens. Even if you can't spell the offender's name exactly correct (because of special characters, etc), if you have something close and their class, and the time the BG occurred, Blizz can find it. As has been said, if they won in a minute, it will be obvious a cheat of some sort was used. Since this was a rated BG, if a whole guild is doing this (you mentioned at least a 2nd person did the same thing), it is possible they could all get banned (which would be awesome to see happen!).

I've seen mages get on top of the stables building in AB, and heard people have been banned for that. So surely a mega speed buff would also rate a ban.
    Last edited by Daveon; 2011-01-24 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did this on the PTR one day just to see what it was like to speed hack. While it was incredibly fun and provided hours of laughter, I can't believe people get away with it on live servers.

Definitely report them.

The thing that stuck on to me is that you said you have played since Beta.

For real, why does everybody try to claim they have played WoW since vanilla and Beta?

No one cares. We all mine as well say we helped create WoW by sending them emails and letters on what to do and what not to do.

Hell I mean I created the AH. Yup all me. =D

See does anybody believe me? No of coarse not, so no one cares that you claim you have played for 20 years. Iam not trying to be rude but this happens in every thread. Some guy says one thing and some other guy finds the need to say how beast he is, that he has been playing since vanilla, and a link to his armory. Its just weird its like their trying to compensate for something..........

I've been playing since early Vanilla.
    =D ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2011-01-25 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    Always write a report ticket when something like this happens. Even if you can't spell the offender's name exactly correct (because of special characters, etc), if you have something close and their class, and the time the BG occurred, Blizz can find it. As has been said, if they won in a minute, it will be obvious a cheat of some sort was used. Since this was a rated BG, if a whole guild is doing this (you mentioned at least a 2nd person did the same thing), it is possible they could all get banned (which would be awesome to see happen!).

I've seen mages get on top of the stables building in AB, and heard people have been banned for that. So surely a mega speed buff would also rate a ban.
    Getting on top of stables in AB is not a hack, in fact, any class can do it. You just jump on the inside of the building on the crates until you get to the top and then you can get on top of the roof with more jumping or most people use a mammoth mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds that player has NO Class.

Speed hacking has been around since the game has started. Report, wait for the ban, shouldn't take long, Blizzard doesn't taking hacking lightly.
    Signatures are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I've encountered fence-jumping in AB and a few EotS speed bugs but that's about all, that sucks especially at a higher ranking man
    I'm not sure fence hopping AB is a hack more like a glitch ... i once accidentaly jumped over and was ported back it if I moved to far just like in Eots you can leave the pink bubble just cant get to far forward
    Last edited by unholyskipper; 2011-01-24 at 11:21 PM.

Blizzard hates this shit, make a ticket.

I remember at least one speed hack in WSG, some fence jumping in AB, not to mention escaping the bubble in EotS. /cough
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

I watched a mage fence hop in AB once, he had the stables capped before the bg even started, it was funny as hell to wonder what the horde toons were thinking seeing us cap a base and the gates hadnt even opened.
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

Run into speed hackers in bg's all the time.They usually turn out to be really bad players that need it to try to gain an advantage,key word being try.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched a lvl 1 orc speed run from outside of org to the bank (came hauling ass in through the main gate, turns to a player, and then immediately logs out after a few seconds. I think mayhaps it was a gold spammer making a delivery. I've seen speed hacks in WSG only once as well, it was a rogue on our team, we said something to him and he immediately left the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyshina View Post
    I have played wow since Alpha / Beta and I have NEVER seen something like this before,
    Really?

Since Alpha and you've never seen the speed hacks, the underground hacks, disappearing through the world hacks, WoWGlider, or any of the innumerable bugs that persisted throughout alpha, beta and release?

WSG has been buggy since it's release. Getting on top of walls, running outside the map, the weird delay in turning in the horde flag to the alliance base versus the alliance flag to the horde base, sawblade jumping, hiding the flag in the instance portal, in a tree, dying and rezzing in the last place you died (like inside BRS), etc, etc, etc.

Report it and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Atlass- View Post
    I did this on the PTR one day just to see what it was like to speed hack. While it was incredibly fun and provided hours of laughter, I can't believe people get away with it on live servers.

Definitely report them.
    Lol you don't get away with it on ptr either, noob your account is linked to that ptr, what fail.

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    The thing that stuck on to me is that you said you have played since Beta.

For real, why does everybody try to claim they have played WoW since vanilla and Beta?

No one cares. We all mine as well say we helped create WoW by sending them emails and letters on what to do and what not to do.
    Why even care? Pretty sure he said it to hint on how long he has played without seeing a speed hacker.

Theres a reason this doesn't work and its the same reason they're allowed to under floor mine and other such fun hack adventures, they use an exploit where it confuses the server-client message, so every time the server asks "yo dude, where are you?" the client says "I'm 20 yards further forward than you think man" which is difficult to auto detect as its an exploit in the lag allowance

Long story short, just report them, they use it in a rated BG they're probably too retarded to do it on accounts they haven't played for years, so yeah